+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BULLDOGS Fall Scrimige and Fan DAY- results?

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Re: BULLDOGS Fall Scrimige and Fan DAY- results?

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    I did get some interesting tidbits about the next proposed project at the Joe. The expanded press box would extend almost from goal line to goal line and would look similar to the one Western Kentucky has at their stadium. My source also said about 1,000 new box seats would be added with the project.
    Very exciting news. This would really complete the transformation of the stadium to a big-time environment. I have heard rumblings of this for a year or so now as well. When you talked to folks was there any mention of the timeline or when we might get started?

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    Very exciting news. This would really complete the transformation of the stadium to a big-time environment. I have heard rumblings of this for a year or so now as well. When you talked to folks was there any mention of the timeline or when we might get started?
    There wasn't a timeline given yet. All I know is that he said the project would go forward. It was just a question of when the announcement is made.

Here is a picture of the Western Kentucky facility I was referred to:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    There wasn't a timeline given yet. All I know is that he said the project would go forward. It was just a question of when the announcement is made.

Here is a picture of the Western Kentucky facility I was referred to:

That pressbox looks nicer than the actual stadium. Geez......it looks like a high school stadium in Texas.

Varsity Bulldog rmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of light

From what you understand, would the new box seats replace the current seats in the upper tier of the stadium? Or would they be a new "third tier" just under the press box?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

TMac needs to visit Tulsa's (suites, loge, press/camera area). Something like this is what I would imagine our expansion/upgrade would be.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Would be a third tier replacing the existing pressbox from what I understand. Don't we have some resident photoshop gurus? Someone put that western Kentucky box on top of JAS, running from goal line to goal line.

I like the Tulsa exterior a lot, but I would like even more something with an outside seating area in addition to the enclosed suites. From the times I've watched games from suite areas, I've significantly enjoyed it more when the suite had an outside seating area. Then you have the option of sitting "outside" and being part of the experience in the stadium. When you are in a fully enclosed box you feel kind of separated from the experience. Nice to have both options.

In addition, having the exterior seating adds a great looking upper deck which will make the stadium look and feel a lot larger!

+ Reply to Thread