+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Duck Season 2015-2016

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Duck Season 2015-2016

Maddawg - want to teach me bowhunting for big bucks?

The reports for ducks get worse - no one is hunting...one decent day during second split for our blind. My 4wheeler has been cranked once since the first split....to make sure it still runs. Our blind is usually very productive for geese as well....that has all but stopped as well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Maddawg - want to teach me bowhunting for big bucks?

The reports for ducks get worse - no one is hunting...one decent day during second split for our blind. My 4wheeler has been cranked once since the first split....to make sure it still runs. Our blind is usually very productive for geese as well....that has all but stopped as well.
    Wow! No geese? That is bad.

Looks like some of the guys up around Jones have had some good hunts lately. I saw where MarketDawg had a good day yesterday.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I had a good shoot on divers over open water on Sunday evening. Tried the same spot Monday AM and shot 3. Monday PM shot 0. Our guys hunted our place in Plain Dealing and shot 0 Sunday AM and 0 this am. My dad hunted his blind in Monroe on Richland on Tuesday AM and shot 1 teal.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

BTW: I'm selling this with my hunting partner if anybody's interested https://shreveport.craigslist.org/boa/5387976529.html

Hunted NW of Plain Dealing from 1:30 til 5:31 pm. Shot one mallard drake. Only saw a few. The duck I did shoot was as big or bigger than any I've ever shot before and in beautiful condition. Going on the wall. Had Market-Wife take a couple pics in my hunting room/office under my TECH light so that I could show-off twice with one pic. Been a rough duck season but the man upstairs throws me a bone every now and then. I hunted from 1:30 til shooting light which was 5:31. In that time I saw 5 ducks and 1 specklebelly (1st I've ever seen on the property I hunt)...4 ducks not interested in me. I may; or may not have, taken a cat-nap, whilst laying under some willows on a levee. I may; or may not have, been awoken by a goose flapping down in the 1/2 dozen mallard decoys I had setting in the corner of a field. I may; or may not have freaked out and grabbed my gun whilst still groggy and missed three times at 25 yds. After that I sat until I had my phone in one hand watching the time and at 5:30; one minute before legal shooting time was over tonight, I set the phone down...looked up...and a beautiful mallard drake was landing in the decoys. One shot one kill and he was a very much appreciated trophy to bring home. You never know how your day will turn out so I always stick to my Dad's saying, "The best time to go hunting is when you can." I'll post pics tomorrow when I get to a real computer.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

beautiful hunting partner, nice hunt.

I had a report from rayville yesterday that HUNDREDS of birds had shown up in a friends field. They hunted this morning and the birds were there, just flocked into another area of the 80 acres pond. unless something changes gong to be hard to hunt. frustrating to have that many birds in your field but none of them come to where you're at.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Hunted NW of Plain Dealing from 1:30 til 5:31 pm. Shot one mallard drake. Only saw a few. The duck I did shoot was as big or bigger than any I've ever shot before and in beautiful condition. Going on the wall. Had Market-Wife take a couple pics in my hunting room/office under my TECH light so that I could show-off twice with one pic. Been a rough duck season but the man upstairs throws me a bone every now and then. I hunted from 1:30 til shooting light which was 5:31. In that time I saw 5 ducks and 1 specklebelly (1st I've ever seen on the property I hunt)...4 ducks not interested in me. I may; or may not have, taken a cat-nap, whilst laying under some willows on a levee. I may; or may not have, been awoken by a goose flapping down in the 1/2 dozen mallard decoys I had setting in the corner of a field. I may; or may not have freaked out and grabbed my gun whilst still groggy and missed three times at 25 yds. After that I sat until I had my phone in one hand watching the time and at 5:30; one minute before legal shooting time was over tonight, I set the phone down...looked up...and a beautiful mallard drake was landing in the decoys. One shot one kill and he was a very much appreciated trophy to bring home. You never know how your day will turn out so I always stick to my Dad's saying, "The best time to go hunting is when you can." I'll post pics tomorrow when I get to a real computer.
    The older I get the more I like afternoon hunts.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Ducks are piling in North La. Calling for 3+ inches snow in Stuttgart and more north of that. Mallards/pintails in large numbers.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Ducks are piling in North La. Calling for 3+ inches snow in Stuttgart and more north of that. Mallards/pintails in large numbers.
    they need not expect me at the office in the morning . . .

Charlie and I may be hard to find as well I called my dad to give him the report and he was already headed to Monroe with the hammer down.
    Last edited by marketdawg; 01-21-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Sustained winds in north arksansas in the 15- 20+mph range from straight north for next 24 hours.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

My hunting season just got shortened with a nice case of pancreatitis.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    My hunting season just got shortened with a nice case of pancreatitis.
    Dang! Sorry to hear that for sure. That's nothing to mess around with so take care of yourself! I had to lay off the booze and fatty foods last year until tests and stuff came back as they thought that's what I had but ended up being some other stuff that I've since gotten over.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Charlie and I may be hard to find as well I called my dad to give him the report and he was already headed to Monroe with the hammer down.
    I have "heard" that lots of birds showing up the past couple of days from Stuttgart down through Lake Village and Mer Rouge. Last weekend, 3 guys killed 12 ducks at our Lake Village. Sadly, that was one of the top hunts of the year.

+ Reply to Thread