+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KSLA in Shreveport - More coverage of Louisiana Tech - calls/emails needed

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

KSLA in Shreveport - More coverage of Louisiana Tech - calls/emails needed

Many times I have gone to KSLA's website to see recent posts about Louisiana Tech sports. When I rest the cursor on the SPORTS tab I noticed in the pop-up they only list one college from Louisiana, LSU and one conference, SEC. I decided to call the sports director, Shayne Wright, earlier tonight and ask him if they would add a Louisiana Tech link to their site (I didn't think to ask them to add one for C-USA... forgot) and do more stories on Louisiana Tech (and C-USA). Mr. Wright was extremely cordial and took time to patiently listen to my requests and explained that he would talk with the web/internet people at the station and see about adding a Louisiana Tech link too. He said he believes part of the reason the LSU has the link is because they own a news station in Baton Rouge and the local station provides the stories for them. Mr. Wright shared they have very limited resources and only have three people in the entire sports department here and they do all of their own research, story writing, filming, editing, entering data, etc... for all sports categories and all age categories. When asking him the obvious... would it help him knowing that thousands of locals are alumni of Louisiana Tech and if they called him to voice their support for increased coverage of Louisiana Tech and he said "YES it would". He's just like any other company that wants to meet the demand that is there. He said he receives some calls from alumni of NSU, Grambling, etc but it did not sound like a lot of calls. Lots of calls and emails would go a long way. The squeaky wheel gets the grease BUT the squeaky wheel can squeak in a polite, professional manner and illustrate to Mr. Wright the value of meeting the local demand. If you are an alumni in the Shreveport area, please call or email the KSLA sports director, Shayne Wrightswright@ksla.com or call (318) 525-5112 or (318) 222-1212 and express your interest. This won't change overnight, but I believe it will turn the tide.

He suggested I check the website in several weeks and see if the Louisiana Tech link is there and if not call back. I have set a reminder in my phone to call him... either to again ask for the links to be added or to thank him for adding the links and enhancing his coverage of Louisiana Tech. I hope the later.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: KSLA in Shreveport - More coverage of Louisiana Tech - calls/emails needed

Good work! I assume you work for the Louisiana Tech Sports Information Department?

Puppy dawg1988 is just really nicedawg1988 is just really nicedawg1988 is just really nicedawg1988 is just really nicedawg1988 is just really nicedawg1988 is just really nicedawg1988 is just really nicedawg1988 is just really nicedawg1988 is just really nicedawg1988 is just really nicedawg1988 is just really nice

KSLA is owned by Raycom Media. Raycom tells the stations how to design the websites for all their stations. It's a template for all the stations. They do have input, but a good idea would be to contact Raycom's home office. Info is below.
    Contact Raycom Media Corporate

Raycom Media
    RSA Tower, 20th Floor
    201 Monroe Street
    Montgomery, AL 36104

Phone: 334.206.1400
    Fax: 334.206.155

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Good work! I assume you work for the Louisiana Tech Sports Information Department?
    Thank you BD. Just an alumni.

I hope the lack of replies from single person on the BBB saying they called does not mean no one called Mr. Wright at KSLA. If so, then no wonder they do not cover Louisiana Tech more on the news and the website.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    Thank you BD. Just an alumni.

I hope the lack of replies from single person on the BBB saying they called does not mean no one called Mr. Wright at KSLA. If so, then no wonder they do not cover Louisiana Tech more on the news and the website.
    It was a slow day yesterday DawgBark...unusually slow for a Friday before gameday. IKD why.

Great work! Dawg06 knows all about this subject. He took up the sword for LaTech long ago in this area, generated some emails, but the KSLA management continues to give LaTech to finger.

Thanks again for attempting to do the job of our sports information department.

+ Reply to Thread