+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Academy Sports Shreveport

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Academy Sports Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Academy WM has always insisted on stocking equal amounts of Tech and nlulm stuff even though the nlulm stuff rarely sells. Walmarts in WM never stocks Tech stuff and not much nlulm stuff. The over achiever managers at WM Academy have been told repeatedly that they need more Tech stuff. They ordered Nike Tech stuff this year instead of Adidas.
    Dick's in Shreveport does what you're saying the West Monroe Academy is doing.

Early on Dick's in Shreveport only carried LSU crap so every time I was in there I'd ask where the Tech stuff was. They eventually told me they wouldn't get the Tech stuff in until the Monroe Dick's opened. After the Monroe Dick's finally opened, they started carrying some Tech stuff... along with NLULM stuff in Shreveport. As you would expect, the Tech racks are always picked over, and the NLULM inventory never moves. So the Shreveport Dick's always has a ton of LSU and ULM crap with almost no Tech stuff in stock.

Academy in Shreveport is far superior to Dick's.

Also, Academy told me their decisions of what college stuff to stock is not made locally and that those decisions are made at HQ in Katy.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Several racks of nlulm stuff marked down. Tech stuff (limited) still full price
    Which means Tech stuff is being purchased. And if that is so, I'd sell full price, too. Love if they'd start stocking to the saturation point they, too, would have to put Tech stuff on Clearance to move it.

Glad that crew of managers I visited with have listened when I told them Tech people have money to spend vs. elessewe and nlulm supporters. Now if they'll just order more adidas. NIKE is so last year.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Dick's in Shreveport does what you're saying the West Monroe Academy is doing.

Early on Dick's in Shreveport only carried LSU crap so every time I was in there I'd ask where the Tech stuff was. They eventually told me they wouldn't get the Tech stuff in until the Monroe Dick's opened. After the Monroe Dick's finally opened, they started carrying some Tech stuff... along with NLULM stuff in Shreveport. As you would expect, the Tech racks are always picked over, and the NLULM inventory never moves. So the Shreveport Dick's always has a ton of LSU and ULM crap with almost no Tech stuff in stock.

Academy in Shreveport is far superior to Dick's.

Also, Academy told me their decisions of what college stuff to stock is not made locally and that those decisions are made at HQ in Katy.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Which means Tech stuff is being purchased. And if that is so, I'd sell full price, too. Love if they'd start stocking to the saturation point they, too, would have to put Tech stuff on Clearance to move it.

Glad that crew of managers I visited with have listened when I told them Tech people have money to spend vs. elessewe and nlulm supporters. Now if they'll just order more adidas. NIKE is so last year.
    Much of the Tech stuff left is Nike. IMO, Nike stuff should have been marked down weeks ago.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Much of the Tech stuff left is Nike. IMO, Nike stuff should have been marked down weeks ago.
    Yes, I agree. But sports retailers see NIKE as the god of all apparel. They have to be pushed into adidas.

Dick's in Monroe has adidas, but only because. Their Tech inventory has been disappointing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yes, I agree. But sports retailers see NIKE as the god of all apparel. They have to be pushed into adidas.
    Based on the history of Academy mismanagement it appears they were just trying to sell what they had in stock. Had they sent the Nike stuff to West Monroe and Shreveport when we were actually Nike they probably would not have had any to stock for 2016-17. It's also very likely that our marketing peeps dropped the ball on letting retailers know we were Adidas for 2016-17.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Dick's in Monroe has adidas, but only because. Their Tech inventory has been disappointing.
    I haven't seen Tech Adidas gear at Shreveport Dick's. I guess it means it all sold quickly. All I've ever seen is off-brand leftovers and 1 Columbia shirt that sold really quickly.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I have in the past been something of a snob about apparel but I am trying to change that. If you come across a store that sells Tech stuff, try to buy something. Worst case use it as a gift to someone.

I think most stores are looking for any excuse to not carry Tech stuff, so if something doesn't sell they won't analyse if it is over priced or poor quality. They will jump to the conclusion that there is no demand.

Based on the history of Academy mismanagement it appears they were just trying to sell what they had in stock. Had they sent the Nike stuff to West Monroe and Shreveport when we were actually Nike they probably would not have had any to stock for 2016-17. It's also very likely that our marketing peeps dropped the ball on letting retailers know we were Adidas for 2016-17.
    Actually, adidas and NIKE changes happened after July 1 (and not before). NCAA Licensing lags behind, but I was assured the Licensing rep got started on it July.

I hate it how our years of neglect by the previous administration has dug us into a big hole - retailwise. Like detltu says, we all need to be come clothing Nazi and ask retailers WHY they have no adidas apparel. If they answer cuz it doesn't sell, politely tell them they are uninformed and to contact NCAA Licensing which is the clearing house for all apparel. If they say they don't know anyone at NCAA Licensing (and they've got collegiate inventory) then they're telling you a tale.

NCAA licensing or CLC?

I've been asking why for years. Every year the Tech stuff sells. The following fall they set up with equal amounts of Tech and nlulm stuff. Going on five years of the SOS. Maybe they think another 2012 is in store for the Warhocks.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

It's time to quit blaming the previous administration for any lacking we see in our marketing. Dr.LG, TMac, and Marco own it now. #blamebush

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    It's time to quit blaming the previous administration for any lacking we see in our marketing. Dr.LG, TMac, and Marco own it now. #blamebush
    You can blame foundation AND that's what I'm doing. If we had a LG back in the day we might not be a Florida State, but we'd easily be on our way.

NCAA licensing or CLC?

I've been asking why for years. Every year the Tech stuff sells. The following fall they set up with equal amounts of Tech and nlulm stuff. Going on five years of the SOS. Maybe they think another 2012 is in store for the Warhocks.
    Yes, CLC. Sorry for the misstep.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Was in academy in WM today.

Tech stuff was limited. Very picked over. We got as much as we could.

NLULM stuff was everywhere. Nobody is buying this junk. You would think Academy would figure this out by looking at a spreadsheet.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Was in academy in WM today.

Tech stuff was limited. Very picked over. We got as much as we could.

NLULM stuff was everywhere. Nobody is buying this junk. You would think Academy would figure this out by looking at a spreadsheet.
    For them, Excel is a shirt size, not a computer program.

+ Reply to Thread