+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shooting in Grambling, manhunt underway

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Shooting in Grambling, manhunt underway

Received this alert seconds ago: Shooting reported in Grambling. Manhunt underway, wooded area north of Hideaway Park. Many officers on scene. Avoid area.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Shooting in Grambling, manhunt underway

Update from the alert system: This morning, there was a shooting incident in Grambling (no reported injuries) with suspect fleeing east on Alabama toward the Louisiana Tech campus. The suspect wrecked on Alabama between the TAC and Hideaway Park, pulled the vehicle into the back of the apartment complex behind Hideaway Park, and fled on foot into the wooded area to the north of the athletics complex. Louisiana State Police and the Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Office, aided by Louisiana Tech University Police, began a ground and aerial search of the area, but have not located the suspected shooter as of yet.

Out of an abundance of caution, multiple text alerts were sent to the campus community, but there is no indication at this time that the suspect ever came onto the Louisiana Tech campus and we have no reports of any threats to anyone on the campus. Police agencies will continue their investigation and we will update the campus community as information becomes available.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Update from the alert system: This morning, there was a shooting incident in Grambling (no reported injuries) with suspect fleeing east on Alabama toward the Louisiana Tech campus. The suspect wrecked on Alabama between the TAC and Hideaway Park, pulled the vehicle into the back of the apartment complex behind Hideaway Park, and fled on foot into the wooded area to the north of the athletics complex. Louisiana State Police and the Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Office, aided by Louisiana Tech University Police, began a ground and aerial search of the area, but have not located the suspected shooter as of yet.

Out of an abundance of caution, multiple text alerts were sent to the campus community, but there is no indication at this time that the suspect ever came onto the Louisiana Tech campus and we have no reports of any threats to anyone on the campus. Police agencies will continue their investigation and we will update the campus community as information becomes available.
    False. I got an alert a few minutes ago that says, and I quote the entirety:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech's HORRIBLY outdated alert system
    Any other information will be forwarded as necessary
    I'm sure I'll receive the rest of it in about an hour. Of course, by then it'd be too late. Only way I know is my mom texted me wondering if I was ok, and then I got on BBB (my first course of action in any crisis).

From what I understand, some received all texts, some received some texts, and some received no texts. That is absolutely unacceptable, particularly in a potentially dangerous situation.

It's interesting that several alerts said the campus was in no danger, yet one suspect remains at-large.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Learning a new system is haaard. So let's stick with the dangerously outdated one.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I'm one of those that received no text.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I'm one of those that received no text.
    No worries - according to Facebook, either:

you are/are not in danger

there are/are not helicopters searching

the suspect has/has not been captured

campus is/is not on lockdown

someone was/was not killed

(Disclaimer: not making fun of the situation, only the Facebook reactions).

+ Reply to Thread