+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New ASST. AD for Marketing (sike)

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: New ASST. AD for Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    A lot of Tech people leave or don't try to come here because they give up their career upward mobility to be here.
    I feel like this has been discussed before.

Is the problem that Tech is unwilling, or simply unable, to hire mid-career Tech alums? Why?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Is the problem that Tech is unwilling, or simply unable, to hire mid-career Tech alums? Why?
    I think part of the answer is that most mid-career Tech alums have great careers they'd be hardpressed to abandon. I have no idea how much this position pays, but I'm sure its less than many of our peers.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I think part of the answer is that most mid-career Tech alums have great careers they'd be hardpressed to abandon. I have no idea how much this position pays, but I'm sure its less than many of our peers.

But, if they were willing to pay & could find a qualified alumnus with not only "the drive," but the "extra drive" because of their love for LA Tech (not their relationship to someone at Tech already in power), this person could be a force. We don't even attempt to leverage the free to inexpensive input from our business school & professors.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Budget?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

It comes down to money. 1- we can't pay more than they get now elsewhere. 2- we can't afford to create new positions.

This isn't really an anomaly in the business. Especially at the university level.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    This isn't really an anomaly in the business. Especially at the university level.
    I guess theres some comfort in that.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

When I'm hiring, I'm not necessarily looking for the most qualified applicant. Rather, I seek to hire a well-qualified applicant who will be the best fit for my team.

I dont question this individual's credentials. But I do share some of the reservations expressed above regarding her compatibility with the Tech family.

Looking forward to her proving the doubters wrong, myself included.
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Good post, Champ. Your hiring experience is showing. Your first line is particularly true. And THAT's the part that many hiring managers screw up. The "best qualified" candidate (maybe has the most sterling credentials) isn't always the best fit for the job or the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Very well said. I assumed "fit" was part of anyone's hiring equation, that it went without saying. If I may ask, on what are your reservations based?
    Largely the ones expressed by Dawg06 toward the top of the thread.

I expect a sports marketing professional, from Louisiana no less, to be cognizant of the illegal "UL" moniker, and a conscientious person to forego participating in something they (should) know is wrong.
    There are several obvious red flags about this new hire, and these are just the ones from twitter over the past few days.

- Proudly displaying the "UL" abbreviation in her twitter bio, which she should know is not only illegal but also undermines Louisiana Tech.

- Insulting North Louisiana by calling us "Arkansas South" just like the ULL trolls. She acts like Louisiana Tech isn't even in Louisiana.
    Aimee Graugnard@aimeegraugnard Aug 29
    @Stophman Kind of, haha. I'm moving to Ruston. So more like Arkansas South but technically a parish!

She sure knows how to endear herself to her employer's supporters.

- She's coming from the marketing department at Vandy that produced arguably the worst marketing tagline in sports history: "WE DON'T NEED YOUR PERMISSION!" when Vandy has 4 players going to trial for rape allegations.

She has poor judgment written all over her. This McClelland hire is baffling to put it mildly, and reservations about this hire are definitely justified. To overlook all of her recent gaffes would be negligent.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 09-02-2015 at 12:32 AM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Oof. Didn't catch that she was at Vandy at the time. That campaign made even the stuff we do look genius.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

She really called us Arkansas South.....that is just made up internet crap right?

and I call BS on the marketing tag line. No way does that get approved with the turmoil around that campus at the time. I think she is trolling us hard.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    She really called us Arkansas South.....that is just made up internet crap right?

and I call BS on the marketing tag line. No way does that get approved with the turmoil around that campus at the time. I think she is trolling us hard.
    New billboard is up in Ruston! #WeAreASTech

Last edited by Dawg06; 09-02-2015 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post

Which is worse? Our new marketing director calling ULL "UL," calling us "Arkansas South," or calling us "Snobby!!"

Aimee Graugnard@aimeegraugnard 2 Dec 2012Nashville, TN
    WHAT?! “@LATechPWalsh: LA Tech has not been selected for a postseason bowl game. Nation's No. 1 offense ends year at 9-3. #WeAreLATech
    LBL@lblandry 2 Dec 2012
    @aimeegraugnard Yeah they chose to be arrogant and turn down chance to play ULM in Shreveport. They are above playing ULM in their minds
    @LBLandry Ohhhh!! Working so I didn't get the whole story!! Too good to go bowling?! Snobby!!

She'd much rather be working at ULL.

Aimee Graugnard@aimeegraugnard Jun 7
    I'm a Ragin' Cajun through and through, but Adidas makes some of the ugliest unis ever. Case in point: Cajuns, Missouri St. and Louisville.
    Aimee Graugnard@aimeegraugnard 29 May 2012
    @danikaarenibas OMG, do you have his number? I need to convince him to hire me at UL!

If it wasn't already obvious what her position was on ULL's illegal abbreviation...

Aimee Graugnard@aimeegraugnard 9 Jan 2014
    Well this is ridiculous. Shows what side the SBC is on. "@The_Sun_Belt Sun Belt #6thFan hashtags: UL-Lafayette - #ULL UL-Monroe - #LAMON"

It looks like our Southland AD didn't do a simple background check that would've taken less than a minute to know to move on to the next applicant.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 09-02-2015 at 02:30 AM.

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Well it seems we've got a wolf in sheep's clothing!

It is hard to believe someone can put their heart into a job that requires it when their loyalty & allegience is with another school!

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Did our AD even do a background check on this person? Terrible hire, period.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Which is worse? Our new marketing director calling ULL "UL," calling us "Arkansas South," or calling us "Snobby!!"

WHAT?! “@LATechPWalsh: LA Tech has not been selected for a postseason bowl game. Nation's No. 1 offense ends year at 9-3. #WeAreLATech
    LBL@lblandry 2 Dec 2012
    @aimeegraugnard Yeah they chose to be arrogant and turn down chance to play ULM in Shreveport. They are above playing ULM in their minds
    @LBLandry Ohhhh!! Working so I didn't get the whole story!! Too good to go bowling?! Snobby!!

I'm a Ragin' Cajun through and through, but Adidas makes some of the ugliest unis ever. Case in point: Cajuns, Missouri St. and Louisville.
    @danikaarenibas OMG, do you have his number? I need to convince him to hire me at UL!

If it wasn't already obvious what her position was on ULL's illegal abbreviation...

Well this is ridiculous. Shows what side the SBC is on. "@The_Sun_Belt Sun Belt #6thFan hashtags: UL-Lafayette - #ULL UL-Monroe - #LAMON"
    Dawg06, is this really from her account?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

LBL@lblandry 2 Dec 2012

Dawg06, is this really from her account?

+ Reply to Thread