+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New ASST. AD for Marketing (sike)

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: New ASST. AD for Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I'm a Tech homer. This is probably the first time I've seen our people act like a cult.
    Cult would be A&M. Tech fans are passionate.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I'm a Tech homer. This is probably the first time I've seen our people act like a cult.
    Seriously...the first time?

You are exactly right. As I implied in an earlier post, having a "banned" list of schools from which we won't hire is stupid. We should hire the best qualified applicant. If she turns out to be good at her job, perhaps having someone from the region is a wise move. It could stop the revolving door of people from "somewhere else."

A bigger concern of mine is if we overlook Tech grads in the name of "diversity" (of educational background). The Athletic Dept. should not consist of only Tech grads, but I would like to see a balance that helps maintain historical and cultural contexts.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    This hire does not indicate that. Being idiotic would include discriminating against a qualified applicant because she graduated from somewhere you don't like.
    Seriously, some of you guys on here are a tad bit ridiculous with these kinds of opinions.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

When you go to work for a school, you'd better get on their side of issues.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

This is what you get with too much inbreeding.

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

Could be worse her twitter could say @ULLragincajun alum but HUGE TIGER FAN! Right?

Anyway, all the best Aimee..

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    We should hire the best qualified applicant.
    When I'm hiring, I'm not necessarily looking for the most qualified applicant. Rather, I seek to hire a well-qualified applicant who will be the best fit for my team.

I dont question this individual's credentials. But I do share some of the reservations expressed above regarding her compatibility with the Tech family.

Looking forward to her proving the doubters wrong, myself included.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    When I'm hiring, I'm not necessarily looking for the most qualified applicant. Rather, I seek to hire a well-qualified applicant who will be the best fit for my team.

I dont question this individual's credentials. But I do share some of the reservations expressed above regarding her compatibility with the Tech family.

Looking forward to her proving the doubters wrong, myself included.
    Amen! That was always my criterion as well. Always worked for me!

Varsity Bulldog LaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the rough LaTechAlum2014's Avatar

*Goes to BBB for sensible discussion* *Opens this thread* *Leaves BBB for sensible discussion*

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechAlum2014 View Post
    *Goes to BBB for sensible discussion* *Opens this thread* *Leaves BBB for sensible discussion*
    *Mechanic voice* Found yer problem right there!

Varsity Bulldog LaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the rough LaTechAlum2014's Avatar

"I highly doubt this is some sort of ULL espionage mission to torpedo our marketing efforts."

^This made me laugh out loud.

Thank you.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Our AD has just hired a new asst. AD for Marketing, Aimee Graugnard, a UL-L graduate. I've had reservations about this guy ever since he was hired, but, this hire just convinced me he is a complete idiot. Can you imagine Auburn hiring an Alabama alumnus to be head of marketing???
    I actually know an Auburn grad that worked for Alabama. It happens. Believe it or not there are Tech grads working at other schools too. Part of being professional is not letting that influence you.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

And Aimee actually worked for Alabama for a year, like that means anything.

Bulldog BoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    And Aimee actually worked for Alabama for a year, like that means anything.
    We beat Alabama in the 90s so maybe they convinced her to come sabotage us to get their revenge!

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Based on logic used by some, our Running Back Coach Jabbar Juluke should have to sit out the Southern game since he played for Southern and he might throw the game to help his Alma Mater win. Of course not! He has a better chance being promoted if Tech does good and his players perform well. He will want Tech to win. Aimee has a better chance being promoted if she does a good job for Tech. I have to assume the AD believes she is a well-qualified applicant who will be the best fit for my team. Otherwise, why would he hire her. Assuming TM wants to remain AD at Tech or hopes to garner interest from other athletic departments, TM MUST DO WELL FOR TECH or he fails on both accounts.

+ Reply to Thread