+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightning Delay

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Re: Lightning Delay

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    Good. The line to get in the west side wraps around to the east side. Ticket takers getting fans in at a dead snails pace.
    Great, sounds like high attendance problems! People will learn to get in line earlier next time.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    Great, sounds like high attendance problems! People will learn to get in line earlier next time.
    So poor service by the ticket takers should "teach us" to enter earlier? We got in line at 5:30. Got through the gate at 5:50. That's inexcusable.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So poor service by the ticket takers should "teach us" to enter earlier? We got in line at 5:30. Got through the gate at 5:50. That's inexcusable.
    I got in line at 4:43 and got through the gate at 4:43.

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

You expect to get in a near sellout game 30 minutes before kickoff? No excuses!

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

The east side problem was one gate with one attendant trying to get 8,000 students inside and one officer checking bags. I got in the student line at 5:00 along with a few thousand others. It was shoulder to shoulder and potentially dangerous if something had panicked the herd. No reason you can't funnel fans into multiple lines at each gate and then disperse them to several tables inside for bag checks instead of single file to a single harried officer. Once the rush is over, those attendants and officers can move on to other assignments.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    You expect to get in a near sellout game 30 minutes before kickoff? No excuses!
    Yes

Four gates with only three open to take tickets.

They only needed to look at the tickets, not carry on a conversation with each person walking through.

It was a fail by the gameday staff. No plan B if scanners didn't work. It's not the first time the scanners failed. Matter of fact, they've been using the scanner excuse ever since they purchased the scanners. I believe it could be an operator problem.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    While I understand the whole safety issue thingy, it seems to me that up to a few years ago, it wasn't this way. Did a bunch of players get struck and that is why they suddenly got nutso?

Some of you may remember our first WAC game vs SMU at Indy and we watched an awesome lightning show in the not-so-distant distance. Not even a hint of delaying that game...we played on.

Players from other schools don't move as fast as Dixon, Dancy, and Co. It was mainly for the benefit of the visitors. Dixon would probably just grab the Lightning bolt and send it back to Heaven. Let God hang on to it for later.

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

Has any player EVER been struck by lightening during the course of a game in a large stadium? Seems like the fans are at greater danger. The fear of litigation is best summed up in the Eagles song "Get Over It"

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubdawg View Post
    Has any player EVER been struck by lightening during the course of a game in a large stadium? Seems like the fans are at greater danger. The fear of litigation is best summed up in the Eagles song "Get Over It"
    During a game? Not likely since they take the teams inside. I know there have been a few struck while going to or during practice. And of course, there are soccer stories all over the place.

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    During a game? Not likely since they take the teams inside. I know there have been a few struck while going to or during practice. And of course, there are soccer stories all over the place.
    I mean in the history of college football, not since they passed the new rules.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

There has in that other "football." (Graphic & in espaniol)

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...t=mozilla&tt=b

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Yes

Four gates with only three open to take tickets.

They only needed to look at the tickets, not carry on a conversation with each person walking through.

It was a fail by the gameday staff. No plan B if scanners didn't work. It's not the first time the scanners failed. Matter of fact, they've been using the scanner excuse ever since they purchased the scanners. I believe it could be an operator problem.
    Scanner issues typically occur the first game of the season. Scanner issues are real. Ticketmaster is usually on hand because they know this is the game most likely to have issues. FYI I believe it is still Ticketmaster's equipment. A few years ago we were using the scanners that the Super Dome had used.

It has been a little bit since I have been able to make a game but most fans prefer used to prefer to stand in line rather than go to an open ticket scanner. The northwest gate always gets the worst because most people don't think to go to the southwest gate. Not sure if this is still a part of the issue.

What gate isn't open to take tickets? Again I haven't been in a while. Only thing that comes to mind is the gate on the east side that is used for players' guests. We still let people in there when I was there but it was never advertised.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    Scanner issues typically occur the first game of the season. Scanner issues are real. Ticketmaster is usually on hand because they know this is the game most likely to have issues. FYI I believe it is still Ticketmaster's equipment. A few years ago we were using the scanners that the Super Dome had used.

It has been a little bit since I have been able to make a game but most fans prefer used to prefer to stand in line rather than go to an open ticket scanner. The northwest gate always gets the worst because most people don't think to go to the southwest gate. Not sure if this is still a part of the issue.

What gate isn't open to take tickets? Again I haven't been in a while. Only thing that comes to mind is the gate on the east side that is used for players' guests. We still let people in there when I was there but it was never advertised.
    I think they are utilizing the southwest gate for some sort of special admissions only, and that is part of the problem. At scheduled game time, 6 o'clock, the line to get in the west side wrapped all the way around to the east side of the stadium.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    The east side problem was one gate with one attendant trying to get 8,000 students inside and one officer checking bags. I got in the student line at 5:00 along with a few thousand others. It was shoulder to shoulder and potentially dangerous if something had panicked the herd. No reason you can't funnel fans into multiple lines at each gate and then disperse them to several tables inside for bag checks instead of single file to a single harried officer. Once the rush is over, those attendants and officers can move on to other assignments.
    Severely under-staffed. Same thing on the south east entrance. Plus the ticket taker was 20' inside the gate, so anybody could have walked in without a ticket, no problem.

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think they are utilizing the southwest gate for some sort of special admissions only, and that is part of the problem. At scheduled game time, 6 o'clock, the line to get in the west side wrapped all the way around to the east side of the stadium.
    The southwest gate was not used for special admissions. Walked right up and through the gate in less than 5 min. At the same time the line on the northwest gate was very long. Extra ticket takers would be nice. I think I remember someone posted on the BBB when the bidding process was opened to win the contract for managing the gates (ticket takers, etc...) I don't know if Tech only looks at the lowest bid or looks to see that the gates will be properly staffed. Is this a type contract that Louisiana requires Tech to take the lowest bid?

+ Reply to Thread