+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern fans in the Tech student section

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Thumbs Down Southern fans in the Tech student section

I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I didn't see a thread dedicated to it. About 35% of our student section was made up of Jaguar fans, which left some our students standing in the aisles and forced a large group of our students into the upper corner wing of the stadium and other general admission areas. The SU fans should have never been allowed in the student section, and any person without a Tech student ID should have been told to leave our student section. Totally unfair to our Tech students who were pushed to other areas of the stadium. Major fail by our game day management.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 09-07-2015 at 01:37 AM.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Southern fans in the Tech student section

You can only blame the AD for letting that happen. It wasn't the Southern fans fault if they were not told to sit there.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    You can only blame the AD for letting that happen. It wasn't the Southern fans fault if they were not told to sit there.
    Correct. Nothing against the Southern fans.

Bulldog Earle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I didn't see a thread dedicated to it. About 35% of our student section was made up of Jaguar fans, which left some our students standing in the aisles and forced a large group of our students into the upper corner wing of the stadium. The SU fans should have never been allowed in the student section, and any person without a Tech student ID should have been forced to leave our student section. Totally unfair to our Tech students who were pushed to other areas of the stadium. Major fail by our game day management.
    I totally agree! I am sure if the SU fans had known they were occupying reserved seating, they would have gladly moved. I was seated just above your student section, and I don't recall seeing any official trying to correct the situation.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I didn't see a thread dedicated to it. About 35% of our student section was made up of Jaguar fans, which left some our students standing in the aisles and forced a large group of our students into the upper corner wing of the stadium and other general admission areas. The SU fans should have never been allowed in the student section, and any person without a Tech student ID should have been forced to leave our student section. Totally unfair to our Tech students who were pushed to other areas of the stadium. Major fail by our game day management.
    Check post #1111 under "Someone has finally listened---" and note I predicted this would happen. General admission means just what it says, sit where you can find a spot. We have nothing designating our student "section" and and those folks took the best seats available. Its time for us to move it up a notch, general admission is small time and we need to elevate our seating arrangements in line with our goals. We should rope off or encircle with railing the area where students and band should sit, too much trouble trying to give them tickets. Then, post the section numbers and seat numbers on every spot left in the stadium and sell tickets accordingly.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Check post #1111 under "Someone has finally listened---" and note I predicted this would happen. General admission means just what it says, sit where you can find a spot. We have nothing designating our student "section" and and those folks took the best seats available. Its time for us to move it up a notch, general admission is small time and we need to elevate our seating arrangements in line with our goals. We should rope off or encircle with railing the area where students and band should sit, too much trouble trying to give them tickets. Then, post the section numbers and seat numbers on every spot left in the stadium and sell tickets accordingly.
    Good point. First come first serve blew up on us for this game.

Back in the day when I was a pledge, we had to get to the game early to "save seats". It was not a pleasant experience knowing that some type of drama was likely to occur at each game.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    At the North Texas game last year, they had ushers that prevented this from happening, at least in the lower section. Some of us ended up the upper level of the student section.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Thanks. I stopped reading that thread long ago.

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Back in the day when I was a pledge, we had to get to the game early to "save seats". It was not a pleasant experience knowing that some type of drama was likely to occur at each game.
    Oh, but what fun that was!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my two friends (after finally fighting through the crushing crowd at the gate) arrived in O about an hour-ish before the game. Section was packed but we managed to find enough bleacher space to set up. I didn't notice anything particularly bad from where I was.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Eastside was chaos, of course no reserved seating & over crowding = chaos. Good for revenue but not so much for spectators. Southern fans made up 75% of Eastside. Impressed with how well they travel. Our staff has had little to no experience dealing with a crowd that big in our stadium. More reserved seating on Eastside would help

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Southern fans made up 75% of Eastside. Impressed with how well they travel.
    Being on the east side, you really have no way of knowing. 75% = 11,000 just on the east side. Come on man! Don't give them any ammo.

Bulldog shrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the rough

AD very clearly tweeted students encouraging them to be at the gate at 4:30. Why? So this didn't happen. There's no such thing as "reserved general admission". Cast your blame where it should go......students.

Quote Originally Posted by shrevedawg View Post
    AD very clearly tweeted students encouraging them to be at the gate at 4:30. Why? So this didn't happen. There's no such thing as "reserved general admission". Cast your blame where it should go......students.
    Think about that. 4:30... No way any student would take that seriously. It's not a rational suggestion. Need a better plan.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Rapid Signs would be a great place to get a few signs designating student seating. I bet 4-5 signs measuring 18x24 could be purchased for $150 or less.

+ Reply to Thread