+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Isabella Football Chat @ 11 am on Tuesdays

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Sean Isabella Football Chat @ 11 am on Tuesdays

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    I think it is actually good that he's not a Tech fan. The Tech bias allows him to be more balanced when discussing topics. Yes, his preference for LSU disgusts me, but I can live.
    Is 't he LSu grad?

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Is 't he LSu grad?
    prob

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Isabella is a dumb arse when he gets away from his script. Like I said, he needs to just shut up and write game stories.
    . Pretty much the reason we have Never had a long term writer about Tech Football ( Watson threw in towel) . We all want more coverage and when we get it we rip the guy. Isabella has been great for Tech Football . I consider him our guy-- if you follow your train of thought, we cancel his show because he does not stay on script....

Varsity Bulldog Festus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . Pretty much the reason we have Never had a long term writer about Tech Football ( Watson threw in towel) . We all want more coverage and when we get it we rip the guy. Isabella has been great for Tech Football . I consider him our guy-- if you follow your train of thought, we cancel his show because he does not stay on script....
    +1 Sean's great, best we've had since I've followed Tech. Imagine how boring (and scary) it would be if every small thing he wrote lined up with the BBB hive-mind.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

I think it is actually good that he's not a Tech fan. The Tech bias allows him to be more balanced when discussing topics. Yes, his preference for LSU disgusts me, but I can live.
    He did go to school at LSU. So obviously, he has that as his baseline. I totally disagree with a number of you self righteous BBBs who really have not obviously read Sean Isabella's articles. Follow him on tweeter and read all of his newsstar articles. No one, I repeat no one has covered Tech in the newspaper as well as Isabella has. He works hard at what he does. His job is to present us in an unbiased way. The good and bad as he sees it.

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with his opinions, but he does a great job covering Tech. He's not supposed to be a fan. He's supposed to write stories good or bad. I heard White didn't like that he was so harsh on the North Texas loss last year, but Isabella was right that it was a bad loss.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with his opinions, but he does a great job covering Tech. He's not supposed to be a fan. He's supposed to write stories good or bad. I heard White didn't like that he was so harsh on the North Texas loss last year, but Isabella was right that it was a bad loss.
    Exactly. I've prefaced everything I said with "he is the best beat writer we've ever had". Unlike our post game radio show guys, I don't expect our beat writer to be a Tech homer. I also don't expect our fans to treat him like a homer by asking him his opinion on things he has no clue about. I was pointing out based on what he said that his opinion of Tech is obviously not all positive. Don't treat him like a Tech Icon.

Some or our posters refuse to evaluate things, but would rather throw the "BBB Hate" wet blanket on every topic they don't understand. Some of our posters need to learn how to use critical thinking skills and should consider getting the bug out of their ass.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Exactly. I've prefaced everything I said with "he is the best beat writer we've ever had". Unlike our post game radio show guys, I don't expect our beat writer to be a Tech homer. I also don't expect our fans to treat him like a homer by asking him his opinion on things he has no clue about. I was pointing out based on what he said that his opinion of Tech is obviously not all positive. Don't treat him like a Tech Icon.

Some or our posters refuse to evaluate things, but would rather throw the "BBB Hate" wet blanket on every topic they don't understand. Some of our posters need to learn how to use critical thinking skills and should consider getting the bug out of their ass.
    Hater.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

LaTech Re: Sean Isabella Football Chat @ 11 am on Tuesdays

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    He did go to school at LSU. So obviously, he has that as his baseline. I totally disagree with a number of you self righteous BBBs who really have not obviously read Sean Isabella's articles. Follow him on tweeter and read all of his newsstar articles. No one, I repeat no one has covered Tech in the newspaper as well as Isabella has. He works hard at what he does. His job is to present us in an unbiased way. The good and bad as he sees it.
    Use your critical analysis skills, I supported what you said, I enjoy Sean's work. I don't like anything to do with LSU though, as it is the only school in Washington DC that most people associate with Lousiana. I cringe every time people ask me if I went to LSU when I say I went to undergrad in Louisiana. And yes, I have read his articles and have purchased an online subscription due to his great work.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Use your critical analysis skills, I supported what you said, I enjoy Sean's work. I don't like anything to do with LSU though, as it is the only school in Washington DC that most people associate with Lousiana. I cringe every time people ask me if I went to LSU when I say I went to undergrad in Louisiana. And yes, I have read his articles and have purchased an online subscription due to his great work.
    Noooo use incognito mode.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

My thing is simple. We get 3-5 articles a week about Tech from Sean. In past we might get 3-5 articles a month. First thing I go to every morning is sports page ( ok-- not first-- coffee then sports page - ok -- morning whiz, coffee and sports page )

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    My thing is simple. We get 3-5 articles a week about Tech from Sean. In past we might get 3-5 articles a month.
    Blame the times then. We've always had beat writers in Monroe who write about Tech, just never as good as Sean. He is not responsible for getting his articles placed in the Times.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

@ST_IsabellaTNS: As usual, reminder that we'll be chatting live Tuesday at 11 a.m. at @thenewsstar

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

started

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    started
    10/13 edition: http://t.co/QyQuu0WQOM

+ Reply to Thread