+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Isabella Football Chat @ 11 am on Tuesdays

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Sean Isabella Football Chat @ 11 am on Tuesdays

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well.......how did it go, guys?
    http://mobile.coveritlive.com/index2...tboxGallery=no

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Thanks!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

11:54
    Comment From Bernice girl
    Are you married?

11:54
    Nope, sorry. Snooze ya lose. Engaged to a beautiful gal from Louisiana. The wedding is this spring. Maybe you will be lucky enough to get an invite

no one is filtering the questions today

He mentioned next year's final game will be someone from SE region

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    He mentioned next year's final game will be someone from SE region
    I bet it's Southeastern Louisiana

11:34
    Comment From Mark Hudspeth
    Do you even lift bro?!

11:35
    I definitely just laughed. I need to start working out, though. I have to get my reporter build in order for my wedding in April

11:35
    Comment From Rafe
    Will Hudspeth's tight shirt inspire his players to take the game to Tech?

11:37
    Well this escalated quickly. Logic tells us UL Lafayette should come fired up to play after the 28-point loss in 2014...in their home stadium nonetheless. Call it the WKU effect. Tech throttled WKU in 2014 then WKU rebounded well and made adjustments this year. I would expect the Cajuns to come out with that in mind? Will it work for 60 minutes? I don't think so

11:37
    Comment From Clyde
    What do you think is more distracting, the ULLaff APC or a Bernice girl whipping and nae-naeing?

11:41
    Yeah, I honestly have yet to understand the correlation between a new facility and a team playing poorly. If anything, I would think it's the opposite. I wrote extensively about Hudspeth's comments in a blog post this morning. Check it out here. I even asked Skip Holtz why Tech was able to stay focus with their new facility.

Puppy GeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the rough

Ugh, he called ULaLa Louisiana...

Varsity Bulldog rmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxDawgsGeaux View Post
    I thought so at first but he was referring to the state of Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc020 View Post
    I thought so at first but he was referring to the state of Louisiana.
    here's the one in questions
    Yeah, McGuire is legit. Louisiana has quite the stable of backs with McGuire, Dixon and Fournette. I don't think anything different needs to be done. The return of Aaron Brown has helped and Vernon Butler is always hard to block. The big key is the linebackers are making plays. Nick Thomason and Beau Fitte are playing solid ball. It helps when the line can get initial push and let the linebackers make plays

Puppy GeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the rough

Ah, my bad. Glad to know he calls them by their right name.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Ah, my bad. Glad to know he calls them by their right name.
    Nope. Isabella and the rest of North Louisiana Gannett bow to ULL's illegal naming demands. Why? I have no idea. ULL has no leverage nor ground to stand on, and appeasing them does nothing to help The New-Star or The Times.

Instead of using the only acceptable legal abbreviation (ULL), our N. La. Gannett guys abide by ULL's demand to be referred to as the "University of Louisiana at Lafayette" on first reference and "UL Lafayette" thereafter. It makes Isabella's sentences sound really stupid when he refers to ULL like that. "Louisiana Tech plays Southern Miss, UTEP, Rice, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and North Texas." It never flows because it violates basic sentence structure.

At the same time, the South Louisiana Gannett papers use the blatantly illegal "UL" term that undermines Tech and all the other institutions of higher learning in this state. The Advertiser even edited Isabella's article to remove every "Lafayette." It's an unacceptable double standard, especially when they don't abbreviate Tech how our university idiotically wants to be abbreviated (LA Tech).

The abbreviation "UL Lafayette" is in violation of ULS policy and the AP style guide. "ULL" is the only abbreviation allowed by law and ULS policy. Proper grammar requires a dash to replace the word "at," which is what The Advocate does to compromise using "UL-Lafayette." According to the AP style guide, the proper abbreviations for ULL are "Louisiana-Lafayette" with "La.-Lafayette" on subsequent uses, which I think is what The Times-Picayune usually does.

Besides "UL Lafayette" being illegal and violating ULS policy, that term is what's given them to leeway to minimize, hide, or eliminate "Lafayette" in favor of simply "UL."
    Last edited by Dawg06; 09-30-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Nope. Isabella and the rest of North Louisiana Gannett bow to ULL's illegal naming demands. Why? I have no idea. ULL has no leverage nor ground to stand on, and appeasing them does nothing to help The New-Star or The Times.

Instead of using the only acceptable legal abbreviation (ULL), our N. La. Gannett guys abide by ULL's demand to be referred to as the "University of Louisiana at Lafayette" on first reference and "UL Lafayette" thereafter. It makes Isabella's sentences sound really stupid when he refers to ULL like that. "Louisiana Tech plays Southern Miss, UTEP, Rice, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and North Texas." It never flows because it violates basic sentence structure.

At the same time, the South Louisiana Gannett papers use the blatantly illegal "UL" term that undermines Tech and all the other institutions of higher learning in this state. The Advertiser even edited Isabella's article to remove every "Lafayette." It's an unacceptable double standard, especially when they don't abbreviate Tech how our university idiotically wants to be abbreviated (LA Tech).

The abbreviation "UL Lafayette" is in violation of ULS policy and the AP style guide. "ULL" is the only abbreviation allowed by law and ULS policy. Proper grammar requires a dash to replace the word "at," which is what The Advocate does to compromise using "UL-Lafayette." According to the AP style guide, the proper abbreviations for ULL are "Louisiana-Lafayette" with "La.-Lafayette" on subsequent uses, which I think is what The Times-Picayune usually does.

Besides "UL Lafayette" being illegal and violating ULS policy, that term is what's given them to leeway to minimize, hide, or eliminate "Lafayette" in favor of simply "UL."
    If I was a member of the Louisiana media, I would call 'em "Louisiana-Lafayette" and be done with it. Wouldn't care if either side liked it or not. It's quick, easy to say, and differentiates them from every one else in the state.

+ Reply to Thread