+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: 9/10 WKU vs LaTech Game Thread

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 9/10 WKU vs LaTech Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    This. I thought the very same thing, HD. The fact that we were able to finish within 3 was amazing. WKU owned the pace of the game from the first kickoff. We were on our heels the rest of the night.

Let me also add about the short week. A lot of posts I've read were like, "Oh that's no excuse, the starters were on the bench before halftime in the Southern game." Well, yes they were. But game prep is not totally on the players. You said it in your post...it's very much on the COACHES. We finished Saturday night late, the players and coaches held practice on Sunday. Monday was technically a holiday (not sure if it was for anyone on the staff) they were in town on Tuesday (theoretically watching WKU film and game planning? I don't know). They were in the air Wednesday, and played the game Thursday. I don't think it's an "excuse." I think we didn't have our regular schedule of prep, and just didn't get it done...and it showed on every side of the ball...Offense, defense, AND special teams. Bottom Line.
    Unlike the players, the coaches are HIGHLY PAID professionals, so I expect them to manage the short week process better than they obviously did in this case. They've known for MONTHS that this would be a short week for preparation. This one is 100% on the coaches. No excuses.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

What is all this "our brand of defense" talk? Are we claiming Manny's lone year as our brand of defense? Bc Thurs night seemed pretty in line with the brand of defense I am accustomed to watching.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    What is all this "our brand of defense" talk? Are we claiming Manny's lone year as our brand of defense? Bc Thurs night seemed pretty in line with the brand of defense I am accustomed to watching.
    We should probably call it Manny's brand. I think Baker will try to run it like Manny did, but it's sort of an art to blitz like Manny did. Not easily replicated.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

If we don't plan to make an active, physical, unpredictable defense "our defensive brand" then we hired the wrong man to lead it.

Manny's defense sure looked nice tonight and the energy of that style of defensive play certainly helped fire up their team and fans.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    If we don't plan to make an active, physical, unpredictable defense "our defensive brand" then we hired the wrong man to lead it.

Manny's defense sure looked nice tonight and the energy of that style of defensive play certainly helped fire up their team and fans.
    But, bottom line, they lost just like we did!

+ Reply to Thread