+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 11 pt underdogs

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 11 pt underdogs

It amazes me that Spangler gets the bad reviews he gets. He was coaching under a guy who HATED defense. He did a great job for us in 2010 and 2011, then his boss (and his bosses butt buddy) were so busy looking for the next job that they made stupid offensive decisions and kept the defense in the hole. People forget that Spangler turned down HC jobs to stay at Tech for the 2012 season. He thought his bosses wanted him to be part of a winning system, but they only wanted him for a scapegoat.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Going back and re-watching the WKU game was a real eye opener for me. I had watched the game the first time (in real time) in a crowded bar and grill. But after re-watching it at home, I'm convinced that Blake Baker's strategy cost us the football game. Period. He deployed a "bend but don't break" philosophy, or as the Dallas Cowboys used to call it, a"Flex" defense. This gave WKU's receivers far too much cushion, and it backfired. It was totally opposite of the "in your face" pass defense that we played against WKU last year (in 2014).

I hope Baker doesn't turn out to be another Tommy Spangler.
    That is EXACTLY what I saw after watching the game 3 times. Yes, our secondary struggled, but in the first half we used an ultra-conservative defensive strategy and Doughty just stood there and picked it apart. His OL had to be shocked at how we didn't even try to disguise our blitzes.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Going back and re-watching the WKU game was a real eye opener for me. I had watched the game the first time (in real time) in a crowded bar and grill. But after re-watching it at home, I'm convinced that Blake Baker's strategy cost us the football game. Period. He deployed a "bend but don't break" philosophy, or as the Dallas Cowboys used to call it, a"Flex" defense. This gave WKU's receivers far too much cushion, and it backfired. It was totally opposite of the "in your face" pass defense that we played against WKU last year (in 2014).
    Which was pissing me off because his earlier comments stated that getting to the qb was the #1 priority.

Let's hope for a different plan this weekend.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

It will be interesting to see what Baker does to stop the run at KS...
    A big experienced OL is going to be a challenge for our front 7 for sure!
    We will not be able to keep the defense on the field all game as well!
    Go BULLDOGS!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Yesterday morning on my ESPN App it said we were 11.5 point dogs.
    Yesterday afternoon when I first saw this thread my app said 10.5.
    Right now the ESPN App says 9.

Has anyone else seen the line shrink?

And I watched the K St vs UTSA game. K St was NOT impressive, and neither was UTSA. UTSA just kept shooting themselves in the foot the last quarter. The game was 7-3 at half and 13-3 at the end of three. Then UTSA imploded and allowed 17 points.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

They have the over/under at 51 points, so that means they are expected something like 30-21, Kansas St. That actually looks about right to me. Maybe we can get some breaks.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

There are horses for courses and Manhattan is not one our horse runs well at historically...

It's the exact opposite of StarkVegas where we always seem to play well regardless of everything else
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    There are horses for courses and Manhattan is not one our horse runs well at historically...

It's the exact opposite of StarkVegas where we always seem to play well regardless of everything else
    Agree. My eye starts twitching when I see the purple and gray with Bill Snyder on the sidelines. I seem to remember they used to have a very high crown on their field and it made it hard on teams who weren't used to it. Do they still have that?

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Manhattan and College Station. And maybe Boise. Can't say I've enjoyed our performances at any of these places.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Money going on Tech. 8.5 to 10 now.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I got to watch the KSU / UTSA game late last night....very late.

UTSA is smallish and slow....but they played with heart, fire and passion. They hustled and got to the ball as a team. The one big concern....both teams cleared the middle of the field and through to a TE or WR coming back in on a post - multiple times.

KSU looked good on special teams which bothers me. If KSU gets their O line rolling, I am not sure our D can stand up to that for 4 quarters.

I think our skill guys have a chance if our young Oline can make some things happen.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

In his coaches show this evening, Coach Snyder said Tech and WKU could probably play in the Big 12. Nice of him to say.

Administrator mjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the ears

If any of you have any questions about K-State, let me know. Being an alum and avid follower of Cat football, I will be glad to offer some insight.

First impressions: Money line from Vegas seems right. Offensively, we're not the juggernaut we were last year, or even in 2012. Defensively, this may be the best defense we've had in many years, but there are still issues. Offensively, we are solid across the line, and we have the youngest Gronkowski on the team. However, run game is not where it needs to be and we lack consistency in the pass game. Hubner has been in the system for three years, but like QB's that come through, game QB vs practice QB are very different animals.

I firmly believe you have a chance, although I haven't watched a LaTech game yet, but do have them recorded and will be watching in a day.

If you go to Manhattan, feel free to enjoy the sites and scenery. I currently live in AZ but have been back recently and things are much different but good.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

You probably didn't mean it as a jab, but of course we have a chance. K-State isn't ranked and we are no stranger to beating p5 schools.

Administrator mjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the ears

This is by no means a sure win. We could, but LaTech is a very good team this year. I expect it to be close.

+ Reply to Thread