+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2015 Enrollment Figures

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 2015 Enrollment Figures

It's not surprising because this is how ULL operates, but this is at least the 2nd year in a row that ULL has embellished their enrollment figures in their press release. ULL reported a misleading 19,033 figure in their press release, but ULL's true enrollment is 17,508.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's not surprising because this is how ULL operates, but this is at least the 2nd year in a row that ULL has embellished their enrollment figures in their press release. ULL reported a misleading 19,033 figure in their press release, but ULL's true enrollment is 17,508.
    Sounds to me like they're reporting total number of students enrolled, not full-time student equivalent.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Sounds to me like they're reporting total number of students enrolled, not full-time student equivalent.
    Nope. These are not FTE figures. These are official headcount numbers. FTE figures would be much lower for everybody.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Let's make it perfectly clear.

LSU-Alexandria: Close it now!
    Grambling State: Close it now!
    Nichols: Close it now!
    ULM: Tech needs to take it over or close it now!
    lsus: Tech needs to take it over or close it now!

You and I agree on almost everything, but the "take it over" option is a bad one (IMO) because every mismanagement mistake will be blamed on Tech. I say "Shut'er down, period" . And I told Dr. G the same thing. Close the doors, and let students migrate where they want to migrate.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    You and I agree on almost everything, but the "take it over" option is a bad one (IMO) because every mismanagement mistake will be blamed on Tech. I say "Shut'er down, period" . And I told Dr. G the same thing. Close the doors, and let students migrate where they want to migrate.
    I'm waiting for one of these cowardly legislators to stand up in front of the legislature and tell them that LaTech is an example of what other schools should be doing. They won't though. LaTech will continue to suffer because of the horrible schools included in the UL system. Grambling leads the pack horrible of institutions with the race card being accessible at any time.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    They reported it correctly.
    "Overall enrollment for the Fall 2015 semester is 19,033. Enrollment in degree-seeking programs is 17,508, which is 2 percent higher than Fall 2014 numbers."

I wonder what our enrollment is including non-degree seeking students.

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    They reported it correctly.
    "Overall enrollment for the Fall 2015 semester is 19,033. Enrollment in degree-seeking programs is 17,508, which is 2 percent higher than Fall 2014 numbers."

I wonder what our enrollment is including non-degree seeking students.
    ULL is the only school in the state that reported an enrollment that was larger than their official enrollment per reporting standards. I'd call that deception and embellishment. That's ULL's M.O.

+ Reply to Thread