+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Enrollment Figures

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: 2015 Enrollment Figures

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    It's pretty bad if you commute and need a spot thats not 4 miles away from your room. And in the fall quarter that can be a problem before it gets cooler. Parking during peak class times is cheek to cheek everywhere on campus.
    Good luck, part of the issue with commuting, I would just come to campus early, park in Hut lot and spend the day at campus.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Good luck, part of the issue with commuting, I would just come to campus early, park in Hut lot and spend the day at campus.
    That's what I do often (now as a MS I only have one destination, easy bike). When I was at UCF (who admittedly has a wealth of...wealth) there were several huge garages on the outskirts of the pedestrian campus, as well as continuous shuttles around the campus perimeter and between the major offcampus apartments.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    A parking garage would be the answer to this. Yes, students will have to walk from the garage, but that is not a huge deal. When I drive through the University of Texas, I realize that our students are pretty spoiled. I used to walk from Caruthers to the other side of the campus and to the TAC with no problem (through the snow in negative degree weather pulling a pile of books with me )
    This was a problem for all male engineering students who lived on campus. I walked from Nielsen to Niethken my last quarter. Except for the JAS and baseball field that were the only things on that side of the tracks, then, the two (Nielsen and Niethken) were as far apart as you could get on campus. Parking has always been a problem. However, even in my day you couldn't take your car from any dorm to class. You were issued a parking permit for where you lived. Didn't matter to me since I didn't have a car anyway. Now with many more living off campus I can see it has become a much greater problem.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Yup, and Tech has it pretty good vs other universities. 10-15 min walk isn't bad (based off of what I remember my walk from Hut Dorm to Business building).

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think our 10% increase may be the highest YoY increase in the state...unofficial at the moment.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Yup, and Tech has it pretty good vs other universities. 10-15 min walk isn't bad (based off of what I remember my walk from Hut Dorm to Business building).
    That's about the equivalent of mine from Nielsen to Niethken. I'm not sure we were using Hutchinson in the spring of 1969 since both Carruthers and Nielsen were brand new.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

LOL at anybody who says we don't have enough parking at Tech. We have some L-A-Z-Y students who expect to leave their apartment 10 minutes until class starts and park right in front of their classroom. It only takes 12 minutes to walk across campus from Alabama Ave. to California Ave. That is nothing.

The master plan addresses our parking situation. Even at peak hours, our parking lots don't exceed 90% capacity. We currently have a surplus of 1,200 parking spots on campus. With an enrollment of 15,000, we would only need 635 more parking spaces.

Now the quality of a lot of the parking isn't good with gravel lots and a lack of adequate lighting. But there are PLENTY of parking spaces at all edges of our campus.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 09-23-2015 at 02:56 PM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    LOL at anybody who says we don't have enough parking at Tech. We have some L-A-Z-Y students who expect to leave their apartment 10 minutes until class starts and park right in front of their classroom. It only takes 12 minutes to walk across campus from Alabama Ave. to California Ave. That is nothing.

The master plan addresses our parking situation. Even at peak hours, our parking lots don't exceed 90%. We currently have a surplus of 1,200 parking spots on campus. With an enrollment of 15,000, we would only need 635 more parking spaces.

Now the quality of a lot of the parking isn't good with gravel lots and a lack of adequate lighting. But there are PLENTY of parking spaces on campus.
    We really do. I don't know why, but lots of universities have this and other problems, and some way worse than we do. Yet all I hear from a lot of other students is just bitching about how things are better elsewhere (although there are no specifics since said students have no clue what its like elsewhere).

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

We really do. I don't know why, but lots of universities have this and other problems, and some way worse than we do. Yet all I hear from a lot of other students is just bitching about how things are better elsewhere (although there are no specifics since said students have no clue what its like elsewhere).
    Tell them to transfer to Rice where their student parking lot is at least a 20-minute walk from all their student housing (and they have to live on campus), and the only place they can park is at Historic Rice Stadium.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Plus parking fees are ridiculously cheap!

Louisiana Tech
    Parking Fees (Fall to Spring)
    Cars $40
    Motorcycle $12
    Bicycle $4

Compared to...

Univ of Arkansas
    Fall 2015-Spring 2016 Parking Permit Fees
    Permit Type
    Fee
    24-Hour Reserved $1,079.69
    All-Area Reserved $868.88
    Faculty/Staff Reserved $628.74
    Resident Reserved $611.27
    Reserved ADA Student $168.02
    Faculty/Staff >$40K annual salary $175.35
    Faculty/Staff < $40K annual salary $123.08
    Student $94.29
    Remote $63.42
    Motorcycle $63.42
    Parking Garage Reserved 7am-5pm $833.22
    Parking Garage One Day Temporary $15.42
    Scooter $63.42
    Scooter Reserved $190.26
    Temporary (per day) $6.87
    Temporary (per week) $27.48
    Visitor/Vendor annual $175.00

Its up to $60 but still, yea, way cheap.

Its up to $60 but still, yea, way cheap.
    I found the 2013 prices. Couldn't find it online. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I found the 2013 prices. Couldn't find it online. Thanks.
    It's far too much to ask for Tech to keep that sort of pertinent information up to date online.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

was talking to a coworker that is also a student this morning and he was complaining about parking, "there is none" he says. I told him I would leave and find some to prove him wrong. went over on east side and where the old Railroad went through there was space enough for a TON of cars. went through campus and the softball field parking wasn't full. didn't make the trip over but I'm sure the parking lot below Mitchell is a ghost town not to mention the Hut parking lot. got back and told him this and he said he normally wants to park across the track where he can use the walkway to get to his class at GTM. Well there you have it, that's what "there is not enough parking at Tech" REALLY means.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Baylor was $135 per year back in 2000-01. I wonder what it costs there now? Parking at Tech was $24 when I came home. $60 is still too cheap, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread