+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Turf @ J.C. Love Field

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Turf @ J.C. Love Field

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    And it's in bad shape. I really can't believe they haven't replaced it.
    I was told the plan is to replace it during the new stadium construction to begin as soon as the season ends.

Plenty of west side money available now.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if the thought process is that more dedicated practice time will hopefully result in more wins, will result in more support, will result in more money. Therein solving the cost of replacement problem. Hope that hapens.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Wonder if the thought process is that more dedicated practice time will hopefully result in more wins, will result in more support, will result in more money. Therein solving the cost of replacement problem. Hope that hapens.
    That would be my guess - winning brings $$$$$
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Looking at Vandy's record, it hasn't hurt them with the switch. They were good on grass and synthetic. I think this will definitely help our team. The baseball stadium is their practice facility, it'll allow them more off-season practice time.

Vanderbilt Baseball

2015 (51-21) CWS - Runner up
    2014 (51-21) CWS - Champions
    2013 (54-12) NCAA Super Regional / SEC Champs

2012 Turf Installation

(35-28) NCAA Regionals
    2011 (54-12) CWS / SEC Champs
    2010 (45-20) NCAA Super Regional

Vanderbilt: Hawkins Field Gets AstroTurf (2012)

Why make the switch at Hawkins Field?

“The anxiety of weather more than anything else,” Corbin said. “It takes that out of the element. You still look at the weather report, but you are not stuck on it as much as you were before.”

Besides avoiding some rainouts, Corbin also sees an opportunity to get more work in during the offseason.

“The preparation of our team in November, December, and January is really important,” Corbin said.

The Commodores also see the switch as a potential competitive advantage. They were able to tailor the field to the team’s strengths by adjusting the amount of rubber and sand in the field mixture.

“Coach was saying there’s a lot of sand in the infield area that will hopefully make the ball move pretty quick … Quicker than normal turf,” said pitcher Kevin Ziomek, noting that fielders might have to play farther back. “I think it will open up room for bunting … and some other types of small-movement plays like hit-and-run which work for us.”

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Baseball guy here, and a purist... Sorry, but I will likely never favor artificial turf for baseball. It's fine for other sports to me, but with baseball, the grass and dirt are too much a part of it. Sigh...

Puppy TxBBDad is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Think about this from a recruiting standpoint...our ground crew is the team.
    Well my son hates turf fields.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TxBBDad View Post
    Well my son hates turf fields.
    Well we have one. Either get on the Tech Trolley or not.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball General News. LA Tech Baseball, Softball to Begin Turf Installations

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech’s baseball and softball facilities are set for significant upgrades for the 2016 season as both on-campus fields will have complete turf playing surfaces installed prior to the upcoming spring seasons, Athletics Director Tommy McClelland announced Wednesday.

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Softball. LA Tech Baseball, Softball to Begin Turf Installations

Louisiana Tech’s baseball and softball facilities are set for significant upgrades for the 2016 season as both on-campus fields will have complete turf playing surfaces installed prior to the upcoming spring seasons, Athletics Director Tommy McClelland announced Wednesday.

More...

Discuss it here.

Baseball Baseball. LA Tech Baseball, Softball to Begin Turf Installations

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Does your son like performing field maintenance?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Turf is not for college baseball.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Iowa switched to synthetic in 2014. Not sure if the turf improved their game, but their record got better.

Iowa Baseball
    2015 (41-18) NCAA Regional
    2014 (30-23)
    2013 (22-27)

Iowa coach on his thoughts on turf.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Turf is not for college baseball.
    There was a time not long ago when it was not for football or soccer either. We need to enjoy and appreciate the fact that someone donated this facility upgrade and there are many benefits of it.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I talked to a former player and coach from Tech last week. They both said it is needed. The players and coaches spend too much time on field maintenance instead of getting each player and the team better. They both said the turf will play smoother and better, just have to be able to adjust to the away games. They both thought it was great for the coaches, players, and overall team. I asked them how it would affect recruiting. The coach thought it would help, the player thought it definitely wouldn't hurt recruiting...

I'm sold on it and am looking forward to watching a game on it.

Are they re-doing the halo that was just installed last year too?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

+ Reply to Thread