+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/19 La Tech vs K-State Game Thread

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. Postgame Quotes - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I'm tired of hearing the word "competed" from holtz

It's like that is all he wants. Just go and compete! Try! Don't give up! We might win one!

Pop warner coach-speak.. Demand more from yourself and your staff.
    That's actually a compliment. You don't want to hear him say, "I don't think we competed with them today." Those are the ugly games.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/19 La Tech vs K-State Game Thread

I am still reeling from this game. SO disappointed in the outcome and that last KS TD in OT3. I was down yesterday after that and continue to be upset (couldn't post on here after the game). HOWEVER - this was the first time in our young season that I have seen us play with passion and a pretty complete game. Dixon was off. Others could say that we should give him the ball more, but KS keyed in on him VERY heavily. I saw a "refuse to lose" mentality in our players and we fought EXTREMELY hard. I was shocked we got it to the first OT. After the predictions many of you made, we did very well. KS had not allowed a TD this year yet. We took care of that and gave them a game they will remember. No moral victories - we LOST, but our team showed that we can compete. I expect to go into conference play with a chip on our shoulder and I wouldn't want to be on the other side of our team this year.

Puppy OldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I'm tired of hearing the word "competed" from holtz

It's like that is all he wants. Just go and compete! Try! Don't give up! We might win one!

Pop warner coach-speak.. Demand more from yourself and your staff.
    I'm pretty sure he set the bar higher pre-game. If not I share your outrage but the context of these comments are post game and his guys are obviously gutted. I think he know his team and what they need. In that situation I believe he's taking the right approach. What he is NOT doing is lowering the bar.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

....so tired of being the bridesmaid.

Puppy alex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nice

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER give a team an extra down...NEVER

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Re: Football. LA Tech Falls to Kansas State, 39-33, in 3OT - latechsports.com

I yelled at the TV for a multitude of things, but I remember specifically getting onto our guys for not jamming their WRs at the line of scrimmage and the safeties playing too far back several times.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex.dog View Post
    NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER give a team an extra down...NEVER
    I don't agree with the call at all. He should have WANTED them to attempt the 3.

Giving them the extra down took them out of FG range...IF his defense did their job. But, the defense had already done their job right?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I got really pissed when they overturned Driskel's first TD. The KSU player was in front of the camera and you couldn't see if the ball crossed the line or not. If it didn't cross, it was by centimeters. Then they spot the ball a yard away, like he wasn't even close to getting in. I was fuming. But Holtz made a great call and faked their butts for a walk in TD, so I calmed down. But that call could have been huge at that point of the game.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'm told the home team puts together the post game articles for publication. Looks like KState did a great job compared to Western last week...

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...091915aab.html

...or our Football SID did a better job of editing.
    It matters not who is responsible for assembling the notes. We shouldn't put junk out. Let WKU put out their error ridden article. When they send it to us, it's our responsibility to fix it before it's distributed. "That's not my job" is the phrase of someone who's soon to be cashing unemployment checks.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex.dog View Post
    Correct, correct, correct, correct, correct.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    a better special teams coach.
    The problem is we don't have a true special teams coach. The staff shares the duties if I'm not mistaken. Not sure who has kick coverage and punt coverage. I noticed we had some starters on kick coverage yesterday.

I wouldn't say never. The call didn't go our way because we didn't cover their receiver on the next play and he was wide open for a TD. I bet this is what Holtz was thinking... they had the ball 4th and 1 on the 16 yard line, which would have been a 33 yard FG attempt. The penalty pushed them back to the 31 yard line for a 48 yard FG range. He probably thought they were going to try to get 10 yards back to set up a 38 yard FG attempt (a little easier than 48), but they threw a bomb in the end zone instead.... and no one covered the receiver. It was their longest pass play of the day. In hindsight, he declines the penalty.

I was more pissed off that he punted with 1:52 left to play on 4th and 4. I thought that was conceding the loss. But it worked out and we ended up sending the game to OT when we got the ball back with 1:12 left to play. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. If we defend the long throw to the end zone, it was the right call, imo.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Our secondary doesn't seem to understand that when we blitz the opposing QB, they've got to come up CLOSER to the line of scrimmage and play tighter coverage. They don't seem to understand that the opposing QB is going to have to release the ball sooner when we blitz. Consequently, we're leaving the short 5-10 yard pass plays wide open.
    HD,

Keep in mind, our secondary is playing the coverage that's called. If our coordinator called for tighter coverage, that's what they would do.

I think KSU had the same philosophy we had on defense. Driskel found the short guy open every time they blitzed us. (except once when he almost got killed).

Puppy alex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nice

if Snyder was a coach that would have gone for it and we were in some shootout game where no one is stopping anyone and you know he would go for it, maybe. but Snyder would have kicked a field goal. and our defense already stopped them. you know the of adage, don't give a good baseball team a 4th out in an inning by making an error; this is the same thing. don't give a good football team five downs. should we have stopped that play? sure; but I am sure our D was tired by then and had a little lapse of concentration; they thought they had already done their job and they had. very bad decision by Holtz.

+ Reply to Thread