+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upon further review...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Upon further review...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    The problem is this might be too little too late. The A5/non-A5 separation is the beginning and we need to be winning these games if we don't want to be left behind completely in a few years.
    Largess of Budget & perceived market will dictate that decision almost entirely -

The A5 will be 60 minimum to 70 teams max
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    As a program I can remember when there was little hope of winning games like this and now that has progressed to an expectation to compete and have a chance to win. Traditionally, we have not played well in P5 match-ups but I think as a program we are at a place of maturity where we need to break that cycle. When you look at KState we were better offensively, at least even defensively but we lost the turn-over and special teams battle. We must continue to mature as a program and win these type games even on the road - talent wasnt an issue Saturday - execution was the issue.
    The Bulldogs looked like they belong. Nothing about the game had a look or feel of "one of the little guys" playing over their head and getting lucky against "one of the big boys." The look and feel of the game was that of two equals going about the business of winning a football game. The team looked calm and poised all game. And as has been pointed out all over BBB, few bad decisions cost us the game.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Largess of Budget & perceived market will dictate that decision almost entirely -

The A5 will be 60 minimum to 70 teams max
    Agreed. How many games we win will be irrelevant. Its all about the money.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    The Bulldogs looked like they belong. Nothing about the game had a look or feel of "one of the little guys" playing over their head and getting lucky against "one of the big boys." The look and feel of the game was that of two equals going about the business of winning a football game. The team looked calm and poised all game. And as has been pointed out all over BBB, few bad decisions cost us the game.
    I agree. If someone that didn't know any better had turned that game on they would have said we were also a Big XII team based on what they were watching. We were at parity the entire game (except for the disadvantages granted us by the refs).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

...big 12 refs have had a tough couple of weeks. W/out looking it up, I have to guess the crew doing the TCU/TT game were the same ones we had at KSt.. They were HORRIBLE! Also the SEC refs at Ark/A&M were very bad.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    ...big 12 refs have had a tough couple of weeks. W/out looking it up, I have to guess the crew doing the TCU/TT game were the same ones we had at KSt.. They were HORRIBLE! Also the SEC refs at Ark/A&M were very bad.
    Agreed. These guys are making calls that are changing the outcomes of close games! And several of the calls haven't been marginal but BAD.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Just wondering if anyone watched the FIU @ TECH game on TV. I'd like to know, if when FIU kicked off to us in the 4th quarter....did the ball go out at the 1 yard line as I and everyone around me saw it...or did it actually go into the end zone as the ref said??????

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Just wondering if anyone watched the FIU @ TECH game on TV. I'd like to know, if when FIU kicked off to us in the 4th quarter....did the ball go out at the 1 yard line as I and everyone around me saw it...or did it actually go into the end zone as the ref said??????
    They didn't show a good replay

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

I had a very good angle of it from my seat, and it took a sharp left turn and crossed out of bounds in front of the pylon. No question it was out of bounds vice a touchback.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I had a very good angle of it from my seat, and it took a sharp left turn and crossed out of bounds in front of the pylon. No question it was out of bounds vice a touchback.
    The ref was right on top of it. Our player couldn't believe it. It was almost like the ref got mixed up on how to call it, forgot to throw a flag, and was embarrassed to change it in a split second.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

A review would have shown the ball did not go through the end zone and though the refs conferred, they didn't say anything about 'further review'. Holtz gave them a pretty good dose of his opinion. Was it something that could not be reviewed?

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The ref was right on top of it. Our player couldn't believe it. It was almost like the ref got mixed up on how to call it, forgot to throw a flag, and was embarrassed to change it in a split second.
    I was thinking that as well regarding the ref. Just looked confused and stuck to his guns to save face instead of correcting the call.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I was thinking that as well regarding the ref. Just looked confused and stuck to his guns to save face instead of correcting the call.
    Was that the line judge? That guy was second guessing himself all game. As a whole I didn't think the crew was bad at all. Every questionable spot or lack of flags that almost cost the refs the control of the game was directly in front of him and his football ineptitude certainly manifested itself.

Varsity Bulldog dawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nice dawg419's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Watching it on the replay, the TV guys both initially said it went out of bounds. They couldn't believe it either. From my seat at the stadium with a good angle, it clearly went out of bounds.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

We were almost directly across from it and had a good view. If the ball would have hit the ref in the nads he would have known it went out at the one yard line!!As for non calls by the refs......the players covering trent Taylor were grabbing and pulling on his jersey so much....it was probably stretched so much that he and another player could get in it after the game!!!

+ Reply to Thread