+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Positives from FIU

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Positives from FIU

I saw a few things that were encouraging:

1. Improved kick coverage.
    2. Paul Turner back on the field.
    3. Carlos Henderson demanding attention (which will open others up down the line).
    4. Our concessions crew got a lot of extra rest shutting down at the end of the 3rd while the game was in hand. They should be fresh for next week.
    5. Better pressure from the front 4.
    6. Barnes was great this week.

Our O wasn't clicking on all cylinders this week. I really think the TV timeouts were contributing to our team having trouble finding a rhythm. If we can get some of our OL healthy for the second half of the season, we could make a good run by the end of the year.

1:30 was awful. I honestly would prefer 11.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Re: Positives from FIU

I don't think we played well at all. I think it was a hangover from back to back emotional loses. Having said that, my positive is we won the game with a poorly played game. Good job. Now let's get their heads back on straight and go kick some Cajun arse.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Kenneth Dixon was a beast as usual.
    2. Even in an off day for him, Jeff Driskel was fine.
    3. Special teams had their best performance overall...kicking was fine, punting was good, and no major kickoff or punt returns against us this week.
    4. The defense was in position to get a couple of interceptions this week. They also held FIU to about 300 yards offense and 17 points today.
    5. Tech's offense had "only" 472 total offense yards and 27 points, although Tech could have had another TD had they went for it instead of going to the victory formation at the end of the game. The 472 total offensive yards was the most that FIU gave up this season.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

1:30 was awful. I honestly would prefer 11.
    I would not have been there with an 11 start time. My son had football at 10:20. We're going to miss MTSU for same reason. I wish the Harvard game would have been 130 & our game at 6

+ Reply to Thread