+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Through 4 games -- 2015 v 2014

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Through 4 games -- 2015 v 2014

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Through 4 games -- 2015 v 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post
    Good stuff. Thanks for posting. But, I think we played Oklahoma and a good Auburn team on the road during the 1st 4 games of 2014. That could explain some of these numbers. But in summary, there's no doubt that LA Tech is a good, well balanced, football team in 2015.

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Good stuff. Thanks for posting. But, I think we played Oklahoma and a good Auburn team on the road during the 1st 4 games of 2014. That could explain some of these numbers. But in summary, there's no doubt that LA Tech is a good, well balanced, football team in 2015.
    Auburn was week 5, I think.
    2014 -- OU, ULL, N Tx, NSU
    2015 -- SU, WKU, KState, FIU

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

That's correct.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Then the Dawgs are well ahead of their 2014 performance to date. We really haven't had the "bonehead" game yet, such as NSU in 2014. I hope it doesn't happen this week against ULL.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Kansas St game reminded me of the NW State game in that we were in control late in the 4th quarter until a Special Teams play and short field turnover gave them the lead. But NW St was an extra turnover after the first turnover, so that was a little worse.

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Kansas St game reminded me of the NW State game in that we were in control late in the 4th quarter until a Special Teams play and short field turnover gave them the lead. But NW St was an extra turnover after the first turnover, so that was a little worse.
    The NSU game was MUCH worse. Home game, FCS opponent, and it caused us to have to spend the rest of the season re-gaining credibility. It even screwed up our post-game fireworks event.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Skip and the coaches have this team headed in the right direction.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The NSU game was MUCH worse. Home game, FCS opponent, and it caused us to have to spend the rest of the season re-gaining credibility. It even screwed up our post-game fireworks event.
    True, but they were both games we had won and gave them away at the end.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

UL-Laf and Miss State don't matter in our overall situation now......I want to run through the rest of the CUSA schedule with all Ws. I want to be able to have that championship game in Ruston.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The only areas we dropped was pass defense and forced turnovers, the rest are statistical improvements in every category (not counting passing td's because it's marginal). You'd think Bates made a difference in our interception total, maybe Pinson too (Cleveland dropped one yesterday). We had couple of jumped routes yesterday by Barnes and Woods so I think they'll get one before long. Grogan also made some nice pass deflections.

I realize we haven't played offensive juggernauts the last two games but it seems like the defense is getting better each week.

As for the offense, I think we can all agree Driskel is better than any of us anticipated. Dixon is as good as advertised. McKnight is a pleasant surprise. Taylor is 1st team all conference and Turner is solid. Carlos is the most physically gifted and he surprises me by how explosive he is after the catch. It also seems like the line has graded fair to good--considering all the injuries.

My point is, this team seems better than last year's. More than that, I think they have the potential to be significantly better.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    UL-Laf and Miss State don't matter in our overall situation now......I want to run through the rest of the CUSA schedule with all Ws. I want to be able to have that championship game in Ruston.
    . Mostly agree but quality of bowl game hangs with final record

BUMP! How good is Jeff Driskel? Through 4 games he has begun emerge as one of the best to ever play for Tech, right? This dude has been really good.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

He looks like he has a "refuse to lose" mentality.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Jeff Jeff Jeff

+ Reply to Thread