+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Football. Louisiana Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 28 - late

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Louisiana Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 28 - late

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech head football coach Skip Holtz and select student-athletes spoke with the media Monday in advance of the team’s upcoming game against UL-Lafayette.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 28 -

GO Dawgs!!!

Bulldog LaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the earsLaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the earsLaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the earsLaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the earsLaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the earsLaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the ears LaTechBulldog75's Avatar

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 28 -

Love how Skip referred to them as Lafayette!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

He knows this is not a rivalry game right?

Bulldog BR Bulldog is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    He knows this is not a rivalry game right?
    OK, I'm from South LA. Help me understand why can't we make this a rivalry? Nobody here ever wants to play ULM, which I sorta understand. We have no history or desire to play Tulane. So why not a frequent, but not every year, series with ULL?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BR Bulldog View Post
    OK, I'm from South LA. Help me understand why can't we make this a rivalry? Nobody here ever wants to play ULM, which I sorta understand. We have no history or desire to play Tulane. So why not a frequent, but not every year, series with ULL?
    Yes!!!!!!!!!! I knew this would pop up eventually. I'll answer part of it. We do have a desire to play Tulane. They don't have a desire to play us. Ok. Who wants to provide the multiple links to the last part of the question?

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I'm with DD. I believe it would be great for TECH to regularly play Tulane and/or SMU for that matter.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

We could never play up the SMU deal as a rivalry. They wouldn't leave Dallas to even come to Shreveport - 190 miles. They believe their rivalries are TCU and Baylor, neither of which can they come close to competing with on a regular basis..

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    We could never play up the SMU deal as a rivalry. They wouldn't leave Dallas to even come to Shreveport - 190 miles. They believe their rivalries are TCU and Baylor, neither of which can they come close to competing with on a regular basis..
    And, if we are honest about it, Tulane has VERY low attendance numbers and I doubt they would travel. I see the benefit of playing them, but don't think it would turn into a rivalry. Southern Miss is our closest rival and has the potential to be a really good one. They are in our conference, though. If looking outside the conference, Tulsa might be a good one - or even Houston.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Because we don't consider ULL a peer institution athletically or academically. There is literally nothing in it for LA Tech.

A "rival" is a team --or a equal-- that your entire fan base can "get up" for, and afterwards you are very happy to say you defeated them. Defeating them is a clear sense of achievement and accomplishment. On the other hand, playing ULL is just an embarrassing experience from start to finish. Beat ULL, and the guys in your office will either ask "who?", or they will shrug and say something like "well, of course you did." That's not a rival. You have nothing to gain.

Oh........and YES, LA Tech is smarter, prettier, and better than ULL in almost every way.

+ Reply to Thread