+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ULL fans in Ruston

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: ULL fans in Ruston

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    BBB was overrun with Cajun posters before last year's game. What a difference their beatdown last year has made. Kent (aka GrossTete) seems to be the only USL fan posting here just 3 days prior to gametime.

50 years ago I was fairly fluent in French thanks to many hours of listening to 33 RPM records and talking with my older sister who was fluent in French. However, after many years of non-use, I've just about lost my ability to speak & understand French.

To backup my failing memory, I looked this up - in traditional French, Grosse Tete is translated "Big Head".

My theory is that "Big Head" just wants to feel important to someone, even if it is Louisiana Tech fans. He's probably lonely.
    He'll be more lonely by late Saturday night.
    I always thought Grosse Tete was the Cajun version of Grand Tetons. Ahh. I just looked it up. All this time I thought Grand Tetons was Spanish, but it's French. You know what's sad about this is that Cajun French is my mom's first language. She's from the generation that would get spankings in school for speaking French. I guess all I had to to was ask, but I guess as a kid, you just don't want to ask you mom about stuff like that. Damn. I'm embarrassed now.

Puppy GrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your time GrossTete's Avatar

Y'all actually had to look up what gross tete means? I thought every one from la knew that? O wait I forgot you are actually not?
    UL-L Fan and Kent's alter ego

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GrossTete View Post
    Y'all actually had to look up what gross tete means? I thought every one from la knew that? O wait I forgot you are actually not?
    We are from the educated part of the state.

Puppy GrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your time GrossTete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    We are from the educated part of the state.
    O then why is all the economy and most of the wealth along the I 10 corridor? I travel the entire state on a regular basis and one thing that cannot be disputed is the south has much more industry. If you ever drive I 10 from LC to NO and Hwy 90 from Lafayette to NO then compare to I 20 from s-port to Tallulah and up 165 and 167 you'd know what I am talking about. I am not knocking y'all but just saying with all that education y'all should be doing better than that.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

O then why is all the economy and most of the wealth along the I 10 corridor? I travel the entire state on a regular basis and one thing that cannot be disputed is the south has much more industry. If you ever drive I 10 from LC to NO and Hwy 90 from Lafayette to NO then compare to I 20 from s-port to Tallulah and up 165 and 167 you'd know what I am talking about. I am not knocking y'all but just saying with all that education y'all should be doing better than that.
    Several reasons. It helps that the state capital is in South Louisiana. One other factor is the fact that the politicians in the southern part of the state don't have a conscience when it comes to the welfare of their constituents, so they allow any shitspewing corporation to open its doors for business and foul the environment. Once you get to the middle of the state and above, they decided to stick with agriculture and try to keep their land liveable. Also, many of the communities up here are selective in other ways when it comes to selecting business growth. They like for the industry to "match" their morals and aren't willing to welcome any that can threaten their lifestyles. Having more money in one's economy doesn't make one more educated. I've got deep roots in both areas of the state and trust me when I say that the education isn't any better down there than up here. I, personally, am from Baton Rouge. My mom is from Abbeville where most of her family still reside. My cousins who have gotten a college education have done so from ULL (one was an administrator for years there). My father's father moved to Crossett, AR from Alexandria, LA area, and there are still many of us strewn from there and all around southern Arkansas. I tell you that only so you'll know, I've spent many of my 49 years in both places and am very familiar with the education, and mostly lack of it, regardless of the accent.

Duplicate
    Last edited by GrossTete; 10-02-2015 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Several reasons. It helps that the state capital is in South Louisiana. One other factor is the fact that the politicians in the southern part of the state don't have a conscience when it comes to the welfare of their constituents, so they allow any shitspewing corporation to open its doors for business and foul the environment. Once you get to the middle of the state and above, they decided to stick with agriculture and try to keep their land liveable. Also, many of the communities up here are selective in other ways when it comes to selecting business growth. They like for the industry to "match" their morals and aren't willing to welcome any that can threaten their lifestyles. Having more money in one's economy doesn't make one more educated. I've got deep roots in both areas of the state and trust me when I say that the education isn't any better down there than up here. I, personally, am from Baton Rouge. My mom is from Abbeville where most of her family still reside. My cousins who have gotten a college education have done so from ULL (one was an administrator for years there). My father's father moved to Crossett, AR from Alexandria, LA area, and there are still many of us strewn from there and all around southern Arkansas. I tell you that only so you'll know, I've spent many of my 49 years in both places and am very familiar with the education, and mostly lack of it, regardless of the accent.
    You probably know that south la is one of the largest producers in the world of sugar on very fertile and "liveable" soil. But I here you on the political issues we have been fighting BR for a long time now. We are slowly getting to where we once were in 1983.

Would the administrator relative initials be WT from abbeville now in Maurice by any chance?

You probably know that south la is one of the largest producers in the world of sugar on very fertile and "liveable" soil. But I here you on the political issues we have been fighting BR for a long time now. We are slowly getting to where we once were in 1983.
    Yes, I do know that, and you probably know that most of that sugar cane is grown in poorer "less educated" parts of south Louisiana. I grew up chewing on that sugar cane every Thanksgiving, trying not to let the fibers "sneak" down my throat.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Found a pic of Kent/Gross Tete on his way to Ruston

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Found a pic of Kent/Gross Tete on his way to Ruston
    Bet he is sitting on two concrete blocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Yes, I do know that, and you probably know that most of that sugar cane is grown in poorer "less educated" parts of south Louisiana. I grew up chewing on that sugar cane every Thanksgiving, trying not to let the fibers "sneak" down my throat.
    No. That's not accurate sugar is grown down the previously mentioned I10 and Hwy 90 corridors which also happens to be where all the oil gas business is so it's definitely not the poorest part of the state. "Less educated" I don't know as someone who travels the entire state regularly I don't see where the cotton growing parishes of Concordia, Madison, Webster, and Richland are more educated than the sugar growing parishes of Iberia, St. Mary, St. Martin, and Vermillion. The state could probably use an up grade in the educational department from Union Parish all the way down to St. Bernard IMO.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

No. That's not accurate sugar is grown down the previously mentioned I10 and Hwy 90 corridors which also happens to be where all the oil gas business is so it's definitely not the poorest part of the state. "Less educated" I don't know as someone who travels the entire state regularly I don't see where the cotton growing parishes of Concordia, Madison, Webster, and Richland are more educated than the sugar growing parishes of Iberia, St. Mary, St. Martin, and Vermillion. The state could probably use an up grade in the educational department from Union Parish all the way down to St. Bernard IMO.
    Webster Parish does not grow cotton. Timber yes, cotton no.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    Webster Parish does not grow cotton. Timber yes, cotton no.
    There are a few cotton farm operations in Webster Parish.

I wasn't speaking absolutes saying those were the only places sugar cane was grown. I know it's grown in areas that have wealth as well. As far as my less educated comment, it was referencing the less educated parts of south Louisiana, not the entire state. I already pointed at initially that the education level was pretty much even in all of Louisiana.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    There are a few cotton farm operations in Webster Parish.
    Rather large ones too...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread