+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ULL fans in Ruston

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: ULL fans in Ruston

Quote Originally Posted by GrossTete View Post
    Y'all actually had to look up what gross tete means? I thought every one from la knew that? O wait I forgot you are actually not?
    That post speaks volumes about how historically isolated the Cajun culture has been. Vous êtes mal informé.

According to the 2010 Census, more Louisiana residents speak SPANISH at home than any form of French.

Puppy GrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your time GrossTete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    That post speaks volumes about how historically isolated the Cajun culture has been. Vous êtes mal informé.

According to the 2010 Census, more Louisiana residents speak SPANISH at home than any form of French.
    That statement speaks volumes about the need to secure our borders. You are right unfortunately French is dying in these parts my kids school only offers Spanish.
    UL-L Fan and Kent's alter ego

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    Webster Parish does not grow cotton. Timber yes, cotton no.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    There are a few cotton farm operations in Webster Parish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Rather large ones too...
    I keep being told my family used to own fields on Goodwill Rd. I know we owned land at the corner of Goodwill and Fuller. I would have liked to of had that land myself, but the past generations sold it all. Considering what's there now, I'll probably never buy it back.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

O then why is all the economy and most of the wealth along the I 10 corridor? .
    Wrong.

What Is the Richest Town in Louisiana? You’ll Probably Never Guess

By Scott Lewis June 11, 2015 11:51 AM

Read More: What Is the Richest Town in Louisiana? You'll Never Guess

So, what’s the richest REAL town in Louisiana? That would be Ruston. And that kind of surprised me, to tell the truth. I thought for sure South Louisiana had that one locked down. But the stats show otherwise.

Read More: What Is the Richest Town in Louisiana? You'll Never Guess | http://cajunradio.com/what-is-the-ri...ckback=tsmclip
    | http://cajunradio.com/what-is-the-ri...ckback=tsmclip

http://cajunradio.com/what-is-the-ri...y-never-guess/

Puppy GrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGrossTete Ultimate jerk and not worth your time GrossTete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Wrong.

What Is the Richest Town in Louisiana? You’ll Probably Never Guess

By Scott Lewis June 11, 2015 11:51 AM

Read More: What Is the Richest Town in Louisiana? You'll Never Guess

So, what’s the richest REAL town in Louisiana? That would be Ruston. And that kind of surprised me, to tell the truth. I thought for sure South Louisiana had that one locked down. But the stats show otherwise.

Read More: What Is the Richest Town in Louisiana? You'll Never Guess | http://cajunradio.com/what-is-the-ri...ckback=tsmclip
    | http://cajunradio.com/what-is-the-ri...ckback=tsmclip

http://cajunradio.com/what-is-the-ri...y-never-guess/
    I assume your source is correct, as you said you wouldn't have thought so and neither would I. All joking aside I have been going through Ruston roughly every 7 weeks for they last 5 years, can you tell me where they are hiding all that wealth. I must be missing the best part of the city. Is there a business district somewhere other than the downtown area?

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Rather large ones too...
    I grew up in Springhill and can honestly say that the closest cotton farm I ever saw was near Vivian.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

There is no doubt that Ruston is flush with cash. Rather than buying new F250s with a lift kit and swamperz, a new master craft ski boat, a 25 foot bay boat, 2 hunting camps, a perdido condo and financing a mistress on the side.....we wait for our South LA friends to lose everything in the oil bust.. Take your wives and girlfriends, get the condo in a repo and buy the F250 from you credit unions and give to our kids.

Most importantly, we teach your women to make good ham sandwiches and sweet tea. South LA guys live for the now and usually get burned. North LA guys may look poor but could probably buy your house and truck with cash money.

We just don't have to flaunt it like yall do and we sure as hell don't have to finance our toys.

I assume your source is correct, as you said you wouldn't have thought so and neither would I. All joking aside I have been going through Ruston roughly every 7 weeks for they last 5 years, can you tell me where they are hiding all that wealth. I must be missing the best part of the city. Is there a business district somewhere other than the downtown area?

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    There is no doubt that Ruston is flush with cash. Rather than buying new F250s with a lift kit and swamperz, a new master craft ski boat, a 25 foot bay boat, 2 hunting camps, a perdido condo and financing a mistress on the side.....we wait for our South LA friends to lose everything in the oil bust.. Take your wives and girlfriends, get the condo in a repo and buy the F250 from you credit unions and give to our kids.

Most importantly, we teach your women to make good ham sandwiches and sweet tea. South LA guys live for the now and usually get burned. North LA guys may look poor but could probably buy your house and truck with cash money.

We just don't have to flaunt it like yall do and we sure as hell don't have to finance our toys.
    That's all great to know but since you have a quote from me, I'll just let you know that the only note I have is on my house. I haven't a vehicle note since the 90s and I have no credit card debt. Dave Ramesy would be proud of this Cajun. But obviously you know something I don't.

I wasn't necessarily talking about toys as much as business and industry. If you drive south on hwy 90 between Lafayette and new Iberia there is a 30 mile stretch of one business after another. If you go on i10 through lake Charles and br there are plenty of oil refineries. It was just a question not knocking just seriously wondering what I am missing.

You know all that money that you are hoarding up has to be made somewhere?
    Last edited by GrossTete; 10-03-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

You are driving right past the state's largest agricultural economic engine .......timber.

Timber has made more millionaires in north central and northwest Louisiana than you can shake a stick at.

That has been supplemented with shale income as well.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

It hasn't rained in a while, but GT/Kent somehow found some mud and can't make the game

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I have some respect for the few that showed up. But I have full respect for the even fewer that stayed with their team until the team left the field.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I have some respect for the few that showed up. But I have full respect for the even fewer that stayed with their team until the team left the field.
    Two words.... charter bus.

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Two words.... charter bus.
    Any many already went back to the bus and started their nap early. They didn't need to stay in the stadium.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Any many already went back to the bus and started their nap early. They didn't need to stay in the stadium.
    Their Charter buses smelled so bad after the ride up they didn't want to go sit in them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I give them credit for almost three sections 1000 to 1500?

+ Reply to Thread