+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kool Kids Klub

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Kool Kids Klub

As I looked through social media yesterday and this morning, I continue to be amazed at the number of Tech grads who proudly proclaim themselves as lsu fans. I'm seeing people who graduated from Tech (both of them) and their kids went to (or are now attending) Tech, but they actually show themselves wearing purple and yellow. What kind of person does this? How can they live with themselves?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Kool Kids Klub

Low self-esteem...

Wanting to be part of the "in" crowd just like high-school

Same one's who had to have izods and doc martins and listened to Wham and Billy Ocean

They were afraid to wear a worn out T-shirt, a pair of old levi 501's and a pair of beat up Chuck Taylor's because it wasn't "fashionable" enough and listened to the Clash...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Low self-esteem... listened to Wham and Billy Ocean
    That's good stuff!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Probably used mouse' in their hair also...

Biff and Buffy?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Biff and Buffy?
    Yep -

I can name the names out of my high school class from Minden who fit this description to a T that went to Tech, NLU, LSUS or Northwestern but are huge Tigahaa Fans and they all fit the same description -

MiloBump, DJDawg, Pocko and myself are the only few sane ones from that era...

The rest a littered with paper tigers

Yep -

I can name the names out of my high school class from Minden who fit this description to a T that went to Tech, NLU, LSUS or Northwestern but are huge Tigahaa Fans and they all fit the same description -

MiloBump, DJDawg, Pocko and myself are the only few sane ones from that era...

The rest a littered with paper tigers
    I somewhat understand the lsus or NSU folks. Maybe even the nlulm folks, but Tech folks have no excuse unless they have a child playing ball there.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I can't imagine-I have to hide people from my FB feed that I went to TECH with. It makes me want to throw up-and I never forget it-losers!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Low self-esteem...

Same one's who had to have izods and doc martins and listened to Wham and Billy Ocean

They were afraid to wear a worn out T-shirt, a pair of old levi 501's and a pair of beat up Chuck Taylor's because it wasn't "fashionable" enough and listened to the Clash...
    BOOM! I can't fathom it. So I'm like the anti-loyalist. I moved from Texas to Farmerville before my HS senior year started (which really sucked, but we moved with my dad's job so not voluntary). I don't personally have a tie to FHS, errrr...UPHS, even though my diploma is from there. So to an extent, I get "not connecting" to a school...KIND OF. Also, because I was more of a Texas-expat, I had never grown up with Tiger-lust, or "state school" mentality like these folks here do. Even back then, Texas was pretty much divided between UT, A&M, Texas Tech, and the rest of the SWC schools. LSU? Yeah I knew they were down there, but I never followed 'em, never liked 'em. As best my memory serves...in the 70's and 80's they sucked, so I don't remember very many Tiger fans north of Alexandria then, anyway.

On the other hand, I did form a tie and a bond with Louisiana Tech. I had wonderful professors, and an awesome experience at Tech. I try to understand how "I just grew up loving LSU all my life but I went to Tech" types can do that. I can't fathom it, but maybe my history is just different.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    "I just grew up loving LSU all my life but I went to Tech" types can do that. I can't fathom it, but maybe my history is just different.
    Most of them use the same excuse that the LaLaff loser, Angelle used at our tailgate. They "say" they still see Tech as a small school and usually follow up with, "I pull for all the state schools" which is even more lame than a Tech grad wearing yellow and purple.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

"I support all state schools" can be destroyed by acknowledging and then asking the Tech grad/purple and yella fan..., "That's awesome that you support everybody. How many ULM shirts do you own? ...oh and by the way, who did Southeastern play this weekend?"

Almost guaranteed to shut them up.
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 10-05-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Hey now. Billy Ocean rocked!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

We should publicly identify these folks with a "Asshat of the week" thread

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Low self-esteem...

So what about the kids that wore the 501's and chucks while they listened to Wham?
    Are ya'll about to kick me out of the club?

Varsity Bulldog dawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Hey now. Billy Ocean rocked!
    Who the heck is Billy Ocean?

+ Reply to Thread