+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Welcome Back Supper Set for Oct. 15

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Welcome Back Supper Set for Oct. 15

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech basketball fans are invited to attend the annual Lady Techster Welcome Back Supper set for Thursday, Oct. 15 at 6 p.m. at Argent Pavilion.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Welcome Back Supper Set for Oct. 15

Have they started practice?

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Have they started practice?
    The first practice is this evening I believe.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Nice event, as always. Our Lady Techsters were friendly, approachable, engaged, "working the crowd," very into the fans. Coach Summitt visited with each attendee as we began the buffet line and talked with each fan. TMac mentioned, Summitt reiterated, that last years team had a 1000 APR. Attendance was smaller--maybe 100--good to visit with our "Super Fans" again. A family atmosphere for the whole evening. Extremely impressive was former bulldog football star and athletic department staff member Solomon Randle. I had a wonderful 5 minute chat with him, he asked for my name early, and as I walked off remember it. I came by about 30 minutes later and he saw me and still knew my name. A classy guy with a warm, professional demeanor. 21 days til the first exhibition.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

But was the male practice squad there? (:-)

Rather than stay on the football forum and moan about the game, I thought I might come here and say how much I am looking forward to basketball season. I watch the player videos and really get pumped up.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Rather than stay on the football forum and moan about the game, I thought I might come here and say how much I am looking forward to basketball season. I watch the player videos and really get pumped up.
    Same here...... I just chose to not get on the football section at all after the game yesterday. I will wait till Tuesday or Wednesday.... Looking forward to the rest of the season, but also looking forward to basketball season!!!!

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Extremely impressive was former bulldog football star and athletic department staff member Solomon Randle. I had a wonderful 5 minute chat with him, he asked for my name early, and as I walked off remember it. I came by about 30 minutes later and he saw me and still knew my name.
    Not to diminish Mr. Randle's sincere interest and engaging manner... but the name "Russdawg" is fairly memorable.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Same here...... I just chose to not get on the football section at all after the game yesterday. I will wait till Tuesday or Wednesday.... Looking forward to the rest of the season, but also looking forward to basketball season!!!!
    Same on the Vols football forum. After their third loss blowing a 4th quarter lead, I had to wait 'til Friday to post anything even remotely positive. And still a guy ate my smiley face and spit the pixels across my screen name!

[insert Rodney Dangerfield clip, "I'm tellin' ya, that was a tough crowd..."]

It's a warm and deceiving wind that blows beneath the skirts of passionate fans in every preseason.
    Words of caution for us all.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Same on the Vols football forum. After their third loss blowing a 4th quarter lead, I had to wait 'til Friday to post anything even remotely positive. And still a guy ate my smiley face and spit the pixels across my screen name!

[insert Rodney Dangerfield clip, "I'm tellin' ya, that was a tough crowd..."]

It's a warm and deceiving wind that blows beneath the skirts of passionate fans in every preseason.
    Words of caution for us all.
    That is pretty funny. I am an extremely passionate fan, but am almost always positive. I HATE to lose, but refuse to dwell on it. When P5 teams get beat 56-0, I can handle a loss from time to time against one of them. I take a day or two to recover, then jump back on for the next opponent. Doesn't mean that I am not just as upset after a loss - just means that I choose to see the bigger picture and can't live my life in negativity.

[WARNING: unsolicited speechifying to follow]

The most unhealthy thing we can fall into as fans is to attach our self-image to our team's performance. It's understandable: we wear the logos, colors and emblems as if they were totems or talismans, and identify ourselves as a _____ fan. But the after-loss forums are filled with such vehement anger because someone--either coaches, players, referees, or the AD--have "made" thousands of fans feel like losers for the rest of this week.

I think sports offer three healthy benefits for spectators. One is just to belong to a tribe that extends beyond the horizon. Then there's the endocrine exercise--that almost cathartic opportunity to experience a manageable level of the passion of battle without physical risk, just emotional risk (since you don't know how it will end). Third is observing the psychological challenges of a normal lifetime within a (relatively) safe, rule-ordered, time-compressed arena.

I invest time in sports to learn lessons vicariously (with enjoyable reinforcement at least 50% of the time with our Lady Techsters). Coaches and players always seek to handle adversity in the best possible ways. One play at a time. Focus on the fixable. Own your mistakes, but in the middle of the game you need to snap and clear. In terms of character development and life skills, athletics may still be the best ROI in higher education.

My playing days are long gone, but I still learn (or am reminded of) useful attitude lessons for dealing with life's challenges from listening to coaches and watching players in the heat of competition.

It's like when someone asks me how I can enjoy watching golf on TV, I tell them the secret is, "Don't follow the ball. Follow between their ears."

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Not to diminish Mr. Randle's sincere interest and engaging manner... but the name "Russdawg" is fairly memorable.
    Good to hear from you. Great style as well as illumination in your posts. You're always good with quotes and literary allusions (see for example "It's a warm and deceiving wind..." or references to totems and talismans below). You have literary allusions. I have literary ILLUSIONS! Hope you're doing ok.

Thanks Russdawg. My wife's best friend (from NOLA) has been visiting this weekend, and I have tomorrow off for Fall Break, so I've enjoyed the time to take a break, read, and post again. (...and appreciate the recruiting efforts of this coaching staff!)

+ Reply to Thread