+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ASN Streaming on Filmon TV

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: ASN streaming on FOTV (FilmonTV)

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    Sportdawg, I got a response from T Mac saying ASN would be streaming the game. I can't seem to find their streaming schedule on the ASN site. Do you have a link that takes you directly to the streaming portion of the ASN site? I don't think T Mac is correct, because I heard back from ASN stating they were not streaming the game either.
    I don't have a link - if FOTV doesn't stream, then I doubt there will be one.

CSN California Plus was originally scheduled to air the game- but they won't be.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Sportdawg, I got a response from T Mac saying ASN would be streaming the game. I can't seem to find their streaming schedule on the ASN site. Do you have a link that takes you directly to the streaming portion of the ASN site? I don't think T Mac is correct, because I heard back from ASN stating they were not streaming the game either.
    T-Mac is not the right guy to ask. Our athletic department from the AD to assoc. AD to SID has shown time and time again to be clueless about these things. The best thing to do is communicate directly with the TV/streaming producers and affiliates or right here with SportDawg and other fans.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    T-Mac is not the right guy to ask. Our athletic department from the AD to assoc. AD to SID has shown time and time again to be clueless about these things.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Actually, I wasn't asking T Mac about the streaming. I was pointing out to him how unreliable ASN's viewing arrangements are. I knew he didn't know what he was talking about ASN streaming the game, because I had already contacted ASN. Just thought I would double check on my own.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

the point of contacting mcclelland is not to get information -- it is to inform him. he needs to know fans and alumni are disappointed so that he can try to improve the situation.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

T-Mac is not the right guy to ask. Our athletic department from the AD to assoc. AD to SID has shown time and time again to be clueless about these things. The best thing to do is communicate directly with the TV/streaming producers and affiliates or right here with SportDawg and other fans.
    I waited a long time to see if anyone would stumble on the answer but it didnt happen so here we go. Did anyone, anyone, ever think about Learfield? THEY are in complete charge of this phase of our program. We sold them our soul for $600,000 per year.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    I waited a long time to see if anyone would stumble on the answer but it didnt happen so here we go. Did anyone, anyone, ever think about Learfield? THEY are in complete charge of this phase of our program. We sold them our soul for $600,000 per year.
    No, they are not. Conference USA holds our 1st and 2nd tier media rights.

Actually, I wasn't asking T Mac about the streaming. I was pointing out to him how unreliable ASN's viewing arrangements are. I knew he didn't know what he was talking about ASN streaming the game, because I had already contacted ASN. Just thought I would double check on my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    the point of contacting mcclelland is not to get information -- it is to inform him. he needs to know fans and alumni are disappointed so that he can try to improve the situation.
    We tried going to McClelland last year, but it didn't work. T-Mac just delegated it to Marco who did nothing. Like I said, they are clueless and don't see it as a priority. As of the last time I spoke with ASN execs, nobody from our athletic department had ever communicated with them.

It was people like Dawgpix, sportdawg, maddawg, myself, and some other loyal blue Tech fans who took the time to communicate with ASN officials, local TV stations, regional TV networks, and C-USA officials in an effort to help make our games more available to more of our fans because our AD wouldn't do it.

The good people of Monroe, New Orleans, Lafayette, and Alexandria can thank us dedicated fans for putting forth the effort to help make our games available to them this year. The people at ASN had no clue about how bad CST was for our fans, and they thought they had our home market covered because C-USA tells all the TV folks that Shreveport is our home market to make us seem like a bigger market school.

No, it's not perfect, but we are continually making progress. Keep in mind ASN has only been around one year and is continually improving, and remember the alternative to ASN is no TV at all and no free streaming.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 10-01-2015 at 11:00 PM.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

We tried going to McClelland last year, but it didn't work. T-Mac just delegated it to Marco who did nothing. Like I said, they are clueless and don't see it as a priority. As of the last time I spoke with ASN execs, nobody from our athletic department had ever communicated with them.

It was people like Dawgpix, sportdawg, maddawg, myself, and some other loyal blue Tech fans who took the time to communicate with ASN execs, local TV stations, regional TV networks, and C-USA officials in an effort to make our games more available to more of our fans because our AD wouldn't do it.

The good people of Monroe, New Orleans, Lafayette, and Alexandria can thank us dedicated fans for putting forth the effort to make our games available to them this year. The people at ASN had no clue about how bad CST was for our fans, and they thought they had our home market covered because C-USA tells all the TV folks that Shreveport is our home market to make us seem like a bigger market school.

No, it's not perfect, but we are continually making progress. Keep in mind ASN has only been around one year and is continually improving, and remember the alternative to ASN is no TV at all and no free streaming.
    i could at least stream the home games (when the feed was working) on all access before asn.
    i emailed tmac and copied dr. guice. got a very prompt and professional response. doesn't help me to see the game, but at least he knows. there has to be a creative way they can get the games streamed for markets that don't have tv coverage, but they won't expend the effort until we make them as frustrated as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i could at least stream the home games (when the feed was working) on all access before asn.
    i emailed tmac and copied dr. guice. got a very prompt and professional response. doesn't help me to see the game, but at least he knows. there has to be a creative way they can get the games streamed for markets that don't have tv coverage, but they won't expend the effort until we make them as frustrated as we are.
    ASN likely has over 1000x the reach of La Tech All-Access.

What I am trying to tell you is to skip the middle men who haven't done anything to help (Tommy, et al.), and go directly to somebody who can actually do something about it (ASN & C-USA). Emailing Tommy and Guice isn't gonna get you anywhere with this issue.

ASN has gotten creative with streaming. When they started last year, they had no streaming capabilities. Later last year they developed a way to do it on their own. This year they found a partner to do it for them so fans can watch on many different platforms, but as we now know, there is a conflict for this game.

If you want a last minute solution, I suggest you call the C-USA office first thing in the morning at 214.774.1300 and ask to speak with your pick of these people: http://www.conferenceusa.com/ot/c-usa-contact.html. Alfred White was in Tucson today so he may not be back in the office so I'd pick somebody else.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 10-01-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I found the game scheduled on FILMON TV under F Originals, then FOTV-USA which is the 7th channel listed under F Originals. But the times are not right. The schedule shows the Old Dominion game as starting at 12:00 noon Eastern time, and the Tech game as starting at 3:30 pm Eastern time. Both games are shown as starting 3.5 hours earlier than actual. They obviously can't show a game before it starts, so hopefully the Tech game will be shown and the time listed is just incorrect.

Puppy 3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light 3rdGenDawg's Avatar

I sent them a message on it. Hopefully will get word pretty quickly. They were last time so hope they are again.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenDawg View Post
    I sent them a message on it. Hopefully will get word pretty quickly. They were last time so hope they are again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helliana View Post
    Filmon had the USL game listed at 2:30 but kickoff is at 6:00. I emailed them about it, and sadly this is the response i got:
    Thanks so much for reaching out with your comments and question. We love hearing from our viewers. BTW---Alki is our CEO so you can see that we all get involved in a true hands on way at our company!

I do not have good news for you on this particular weekend though....we are supporting a live event from downtown L.A. this Saturday which shall not allow us to carry the game in question. We always try to support good causes from friends and have agreed to be a media partner for this one-time event and we couldn't do both transmissions.

We shall endeavor to stick to the rest of our live college game schedule in the future, and in addition to football we've got soccer, volleyball, hockey and basketball coming up.
    Thanks again for taking to time to write to us, and please reach out again with any feedback you'd like to share.
    Best,
    Kim Hurwitz
    SVP, Programming
    FilmOn.TV Networks Inc. / FOTV / FilmOn.com
    Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Well poo! I missed the post by Helliana earlier, or I wouldn't have posted about the game showing on Filmon TV's schedule. Sorry about that. If memory serves me right, CSN Chicago has shown ASN games before. CSN Chicago uses three channels on DirecTV. I noticed the second alternate channel still shows "to be announced". Is CSN Chicago a no go all the way around? Hopefully I didn't miss a post on this earlier.

Puppy 3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light 3rdGenDawg's Avatar

Looks like I will be following on Gamecast. Brutal. Would be better to call Mom and Dad and ichat with them at the game for a view.

+ Reply to Thread