+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silliness of posting about the Line!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Silliness of posting about the Line!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Question. I don't bet. If you place a bet early in the week and the spread is 10 but by kickoff the spread has changed, is your wager based on the spread at the time you placed your bet or at the time of kickoff?
    Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    My understanding is that it's locked in at the time of the bet.
    Yes. You get or give the amount of points at the time you place the bet.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yes. You get or give the amount of points at the time you place the bet.
    . Gamblers love a line that changes if they can watch it move. I.E.-- Tech by 10 on Monday. Driskel gets hurt and line moves to Tech by 5. If you get down on Monday you can take other side and have double winner . Take underdog plus 10 then Tech giving up 5. Tech wins by 6-9 and you win both bets

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Question. I don't bet. If you place a bet early in the week and the spread is 10 but by kickoff the spread has changed, is your wager based on the spread at the time you placed your bet or at the time of kickoff?
    . Since you don't gamble, key is the juice-- you get even money on wins but pay 10% load on loss. Bet 100 pay 110. Bookies look to have as close to having both teams bet evenly on games so juice kicks in. Most bookies have an outlet to "lay off" some of bets. Over weighed on one team they lay off to bigger bookie. Guy in Dallas may trade some of his bets to guy in New Orleans and reverse ( think last week Saints - Cowboys). You can bet on how many total points are scored in game ( over under) .

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . Gamblers love a line that changes if they can watch it move. I.E.-- Tech by 10 on Monday. Driskel gets hurt and line moves to Tech by 5. If you get down on Monday you can take other side and have double winner . Take underdog plus 10 then Tech giving up 5. Tech wins by 6-9 and you win both bets
    I've never or maybe rarely seen the line move that much in college games. Examples: Dixon being out didn't move our line last week; Will Grier being out this week didn't move the line lsu vs. Florida. I have seen what you describe in the NFL, but they try to prevent it by not taking bets on games until they know the status of a player for certain.

I've never or maybe rarely seen the line move that much in college games. Examples: Dixon being out didn't move our line last week; Will Grier being out this week didn't move the line lsu vs. Florida. I have seen what you describe in the NFL, but they try to prevent it by not taking bets on games until they know the status of a player for certain.
    45 yrs ago I was taking small wagers for a group of guys--about 15 and passing on to a very Italian friend. Did not get paid anything. We just wanted to have a reason to keep up with lesser games. Fantasy football has taken over that market for many folks. Saw a lot of games that moved 2-3 points, that is huge when so many games finished within that margin. Remember in those days it was not as offense oriented. I see a sucker bet this week--Falcons 5-0 and playing well. Saints 1-4 playing horrible . Line is Falcons 2. Every bit of that screams Sucker-- will be shocked if line doesn't change a little.. I would have guessed Dirty Birds by 8. Again, you said College game and I am rambling about pros so this is apples/orange.

I see a sucker bet this week--Falcons 5-0 and playing well. Saints 1-4 playing horrible . Line is Falcons 2. Every bit of that screams Sucker-- will be shocked if line doesn't change a little.. I would have guessed Dirty Birds by 8. Again, you said College game and I am rambling about pros so this is apples/orange.
    Yep, I always figured "flip a coin on NFL games" It's just amazing how close the lines are.

Fantasy football is what cured my infatuation with betting football. I have not bet since JB3s final year. Sad to say, I cleaned up that year.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I think it's actually "Tulane University of Louisiana"........
    thanks HogDawg-- glorious photo!!

Yep, I always figured "flip a coin on NFL games" It's just amazing how close the lines are.

Fantasy football is what cured my infatuation with betting football. I have not bet since JB3s final year. Sad to say, I cleaned up that year.
    . Line has moved to 4 on 1 bookie site-- 3 1/2 on most. That's a pretty nice bet if game comes down to fg. Dirty birds giving up 2 and saints plus 3. 1/2 falcons win on fg -- collect both side . Worst case is lose the juice

45 yrs ago I was taking small wagers for a group of guys--about 15 and passing on to a very Italian friend. Did not get paid anything. We just wanted to have a reason to keep up with lesser games. Fantasy football has taken over that market for many folks. Saw a lot of games that moved 2-3 points, that is huge when so many games finished within that margin. Remember in those days it was not as offense oriented. I see a sucker bet this week--Falcons 5-0 and playing well. Saints 1-4 playing horrible . Line is Falcons 2. Every bit of that screams Sucker-- will be shocked if line doesn't change a little.. I would have guessed Dirty Birds by 8. Again, you said College game and I am rambling about pros so this is apples/orange.
    Last nights game was PERFECT example of Vegas Know Best! Undefeated Falcons, solid running team. Struggling Saints worst defense against run. Falcons by 2 -- like I posted , Sucker bet-- so many folks bet Falcons line moved up 2 points ... I assumed Saints would lose til I saw line, somehow Vegas knew Saints would be very competitive ( maybe its the 90% winning record on night games at home). Go figure

+ Reply to Thread