+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Spurrier to Resign Effective Immediately

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Steve Spurrier to Resign Effective Immediately

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...purrier-retire

One of the best personalities ever in college football coaching is retiring after a tough start to a season. Thanks Coach Spurrier for the great interviews and the best at getting under the skin of the SEC prima donna coaches.

I just threw my visor across the room!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Steve Spurrier to Retire Effective Immediately

It would be interesting to know the story there- I have a feeling he had help retiring.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    It would be interesting to know the story there- I have a feeling he had help retiring.
    Don't most of the longtime college coaches these days?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I think he cares a whole lot more about golf than football these days.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He didn't want to come back for this season. Must be some real crap going on for him to just walk away.

Now we have to listen to ESPN call him the "Head Ball Coach" for the next several weeks. I've never heard a "nickname" adjusted from a mistake by a talking head, but when Rece Davis got confused on that one, he was determined to change the reference for eternity. For those who may not know, Spurrier once referred to himself saying, "I'm just an old ball coach" and it stuck as "The Old Ball Coach" Rece screwed it up one time and ESPN has never referred to him in the correct form since.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Some lspoo yahoos made a comment about "tigah stadium being the place that causes opposing coaches to retire". I asked if he meant like Archer, Hallman, Dinardo, and even McClendon. I forget about Shockass.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    He didn't want to come back for this season. Must be some real crap going on for him to just walk away.

Now we have to listen to ESPN call him the "Head Ball Coach" for the next several weeks. I've never heard a "nickname" adjusted from a mistake by a talking head, but when Rece Davis got confused on that one, he was determined to change the reference for eternity. For those who may not know, Spurrier once referred to himself saying, "I'm just an old ball coach" and it stuck as "The Old Ball Coach" Rece screwed it up one time and ESPN has never referred to him in the correct form since.
    Yep - "I'm just an Ole Ball Coach...." why are you asking me?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Some lspoo yahoos made a comment about "tigah stadium being the place that causes opposing coaches to retire". I asked if he meant like Archer, Hallman, Dinardo, and even McClendon. I forget about Shockass.
    You missed a Golden Opportunity to remind them that their Dumbass AD passed on him out of Duke to hire Curley Hallman - he literally begged for the job...

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I was living in Durham/Raleigh when he was coaching at Duke and went to several home games. His teams were fun to watch. I mostly remember many of his players being commended for good deeds in the community while certain NC State players down the road were being arrested for bad deeds. I often think back to that contrast when considering Tech and our friends to the south.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

He "jumped" before he was "pushed".

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    He "jumped" before he was "pushed".
    Don't think so -

He got tired of it and called his own shot, he could of stayed and came back next year if he chose to

He made it very clear that he RESIGNED and did not retire -

The Gamecocks were irrelevant before he got there and will slip back to that now that he is gone

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Don't think so -

He got tired of it and called his own shot, he could of stayed and came back next year if he chose to

The Gamecocks were irrelevant before he got there and will slip back to that now that he is gone
    ULL is going to hire him for 1 miLLIOn dollars and then they'll join the SEC instead of the B12.

I apologize. I just couldn't help myself.

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

Humor me with a hypothetical:

If Tech has another good run this year (winning season, bowl game) and Holtz receives "the call", do you think Spurrier would get a call from Tommy? Would he even entertain the idea?

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Don't think so -

They sure were irrelevant this year.

Quote Originally Posted by techboy09 View Post
    Humor me with a hypothetical:

If Tech has another good run this year (winning season, bowl game) and Holtz receives "the call", do you think Spurrier would get a call from Tommy? Would he even entertain the idea?
    No.

Since you asked a hypothetical question, do you think Tommy would offer Spurrier the $4 million a year contract he had at South Carolina.

+ Reply to Thread