+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W. Basketball. Summitt Pleased with Improvement in Second Scrimmage

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Summitt Pleased with Improvement in Second Scrimmage

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Following last week’s scrimmage against the male practice players, Louisiana Tech head coach Tyler Summitt wasn’t a happy camper.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. Summitt Pleased with Improvement in Second Scrimmage

Ask and ye shall receive.

Who are the male practice players? Are they at every practice? Do they receive compensation of some kind?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive.

Who are the male practice players? Are they at every practice? Do they receive compensation of some kind?
    I haven't heard about them in a while but it used to be a big deal back in the Glory Days. Knew a guy on the team. Don't know about compensation but you'd have to try out for it and it was fairly competitive. So I hear.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I think they still only get to keep their practice gear. I've heard Pat Summitt attracted some guys who wanted to coach, and often the Team Manager (who does earn a letter) was a guy who had worked his way up (yes, "up") from the practice squad.

I've heard a kid on their 2010 male practice squad found some success:

At Tennessee the Team Manager recruits male players. I read that Melanie Bascomb invited Tyler to come to Vanderbilt as a practice player. It made me wonder how Tyler would have done academically at Vandy. I came across this:
    "Lady Vols Assistant Coach Dean Lockwood, upon hearing that Tyler Summitt scored a 31 on the ACT (he later took it again and scored even higher) told the Tipoff Club last season that he told Tyler that people with scores that high don't enter the coaching field. Instead, they own things."

Here's a story from 1999 on male practice players:
    http://www.si.com/vault/1999/03/15/2...pionship-glory

And this in 2013 makes it sound like nothing's changed:
    http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-ba...sketball-team/

I wonder how many of Barmore's boys went into coaching?

+ Reply to Thread