+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A tale of 2 quarterbacks

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

A tale of 2 quarterbacks

Comparing our last visit to Starkville's Davis Wade Stadium in September 2011 to tomorrow's date raises a stark contrast at the most critical position on the field. Nick Isham, though he was a quick starting phenom with flashes of greatness, was only 17 years old and had never set foot in an SEC stadium. In fact the only college venues he had graced were in Hattiesburg and the friendly confines of The Joe. He may have weighed 175 pounds soaking wet and at only 6'0" (so they say) he did not have a commanding view of the field. That refreshing "new qb smell" definitely started to develop a tart twang in the closing minutes of overtime against MSU in 2011.

Enter Jeff Driskel. A strapping young lad with the strength and bulk to not only take but also dish out the punishment when necessary. Born the same year as Isham but now 4 years later he can actually vote and even enjoy an adult beverage legally if he so chooses. Most importantly, he has seen first hand the gridiron of many SEC venues and has the game experience that comes with it.

I think this game could go either way. I just hope it is as fun to watch in person as it looks on paper.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: A tale of 2 quarterbacks

Just an update on Isham:

He transferred from Arizona to Division III Cal Lutheran. Last season, he became the starter after the first game of the season and passed for 2,539 yards with 23 TDs and 12 INTs as the team went 4-5 with him as the starter. He led the conference in passing yards and TDs and earned second-team all-conference honors. However, he chose to give up his final season of eligibility to pursue a music career. (His dad, you might recall, is a Grammy-winning composer.)

Here's a story on Isham's decision to end his football career. Just a note: There are some factual errors, including a glaring one about Dykes leaving Tech to become the Arizona OC (he was the OC before coming to Tech).
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Just an update on Isham:

He transferred from Arizona to Division III Cal Lutheran. Last season, he became the starter after the first game of the season and passed for 2,539 yards with 23 TDs and 12 INTs as the team went 4-5 with him as the starter. He led the conference in passing yards and TDs and earned second-team all-conference honors. However, he chose to give up his final season of eligibility to pursue a music career. (His dad, you might recall, is a Grammy-winning composer.)

Here's a story on Isham's decision to end his football career. Just a note: There are some factual errors, including a glaring one about Dykes leaving Tech to become the Arizona OC (he was the OC before coming to Tech).
    How can people write an article and get the facts so wrong. This guy is not even thinking about what he's writing. Another piece of internet garbage.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I had wiped the loss from my memory. Thanks for bringing it back Rhino.

Late in the 4th with the score 20-20 and we had the ball on the MSU 20. Isham threw an interception and the game went to OT.

In the OT period Isham threw another interception before we had a chance to score.

In defense of Isham, our Oline didn't give him much time that day.

Varsity Bulldog rmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I had wiped the loss from my memory. Thanks for bringing it back Rhino.

Late in the 4th with the score 20-20 and we had the ball on the MSU 20. Isham threw an interception and the game went to OT.

In the OT period Isham threw another interception before we had a chance to score.

While we're bringing back up painful memories of that game...remember the MS State punt return TD? I'm pretty sure Jay Dudley ran by the returner at least 20 times on his way to the endzone and never got a hand on him . That 2011 team was salty though.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmc020 View Post
    While we're bringing back up painful memories of that game...remember the MS State punt return TD? I'm pretty sure Jay Dudley ran by the returner at least 20 times on his way to the endzone and never got a hand on him .
    I laughed out loud on this recollection. So true.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

maddawg - what does "Muslim My Ass!" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    maddawg - what does "Muslim My Ass!" mean?
    It is a little outdated as far as the drive by media is concerned, but I began using it when I got fed up with muslims getting a pass on everything by our president and his media.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

Yes, as I recall the matadors were well represented that day

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

I looked up Isham's bio and took a look at his date of birth and realized he was only 17 yrs. old. When we mentioned this to Sonny Dykes at our preseason luncheon he was like "Really??". He was totally unaware of how young this guy was. I thought Isham was a real gamer and pretty tough guy but wasn't ready to be a QB for us, especially with the team we had. I assume Tony Franklin recruited him and thought he would just plug him into his system and that he would be just fine.

+ Reply to Thread