+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions for Those in Starkville

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Questions for Those in Starkville

LaTech crowd looked good the few times they showed y'all.

- How many did we bring?
    - How was the experience?
    - Did our people start leaving when we insisted on running the ball early in the 4th down by 3 scores?

Thanks for attending. The "how 'bout them dawgs?" yell sounded great on TV!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Questions for Those in Starkville

Dunno the numbers but we packed the away section and were loud until the 4th. People started really leaving about 5 minutes to go which was better than I expected. The fans were pleasant for the most part although there were a few meanies in the crowd. I think for the most part they viewed us with a bless-your-heart they-think-theyre-people attitude.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I was impressed by the noise of the Tech crowd at times. This was the day to beat an SEC team on their own field, their crowd was dead by SEC standards.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I had several fans say "welcome to Mississippi State." Lots of smiles, nods, several "have a safe trip home" after the game. Concession lines as long or longer than ours, really long lines for both men and women's restrooms. Lots of interest in the Ole Miss game and one big tailgate tent had an "Ole Miss Sucks" banner. And walked right in 30 min before kickoff, no lines at all. Right up until the last series our fans stood and cheered when our offense took the field.

I have decided SEC refs means Screwed Every Call. Unreal holding by State.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

We were on the opposite side and the Tech section was strong. HBTD cheers were loud. Most stayed the whole game.

Someone did tell us to go back to Louisiana on our way back to the parking lot haha

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    LaTech crowd looked good the few times they showed y'all.

- How many did we bring?
    - How was the experience?
    - Did our people start leaving when we insisted on running the ball early in the 4th down by 3 scores?

Thanks for attending. The "how 'bout them dawgs?" yell sounded great on TV!
    We packed our section.
    Experience was good - State fans were civil
    I left with about 3:45 to go after the outcome was inevitable. At that point tailgating was more desirable than what I was witnessing.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

I was very impressed with my first Starkville experience. Their fans showed alot of class. We ate at Dawghouse II. Very impressed with everything but our performance on the football field. Our team and school needs the style points that come from beating teams other than the directional schools in our conference and schedule. This is true with all our sports. This is one reason our fanbase is so damn fagile. Playing and beating the Florida Internationals and Middle Tennessees of the world does not get our fans to 2:30 games. Mississippi State's stadium looked pretty much of a sellout playing at 11:00. Sorry for running on-just pissed that will just cannot seem to be consistent. If P5 is not attainable for us, at least wish we were back in a conference playing teams like SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, Houston, along with Rice and Southern Mississppi. Directional schools added to conference have always been a turn off for me.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    I was very impressed with my first Starkville experience. Their fans showed alot of class. We ate at Dawghouse II. Very impressed with everything but our performance on the football field. Our team and school needs the style points that come from beating teams other than the directional schools in our conference and schedule. This is true with all our sports. This is one reason our fanbase is so damn fagile. Playing and beating the Florida Internationals and Middle Tennessees of the world does not get our fans to 2:30 games. Mississippi State's stadium looked pretty much of a sellout playing at 11:00. Sorry for running on-just pissed that will just cannot seem to be consistent. If P5 is not attainable for us, at least wish we were back in a conference playing teams like SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, Houston, along with Rice and Southern Mississppi. Directional schools added to conference have always been a turn off for me.
    I feel the same way about our opponents. We need to schedule at least 2 A5 games so that it feels like we are still playing major college football. Playing directional or at/hyphen schools almost every week sucks. Unlike the WAC era, there is no need to reduce our A5 opponents to only 1 per season.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    If P5 is not attainable for us, at least wish we were back in a conference playing teams like SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, Houston, along with Rice and Southern Mississppi. Directional schools added to conference have always been a turn off for me.
    Yep! There's still another step that La Tech needs to take.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I feel the same way about our opponents. We need to schedule at least 2 A5 games so that it feels like we are still playing major college football. Playing directional or at/hyphen schools almost every week sucks. Unlike the WAC era, there is no need to reduce our A5 opponents to only 1 per season.
    Not that Memphis would play us, but them, Tulane, and Houston are who we should try to get instead of teams like UMass. Not a big believer in Tulsa.

Malcom has hinted on the pre-game for the past two weeks that announcements are coming. TMac has also hinted that more "in-state" schools may be on the schedule. Slight paraphrase: "What difference does it make who it is if they bring a large crowd?"

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    I had several fans say "welcome to Mississippi State." Lots of smiles, nods, several "have a safe trip home" after the game. Concession lines as long or longer than ours, really long lines for both men and women's restrooms. Lots of interest in the Ole Miss game and one big tailgate tent had an "Ole Miss Sucks" banner. And walked right in 30 min before kickoff, no lines at all. Right up until the last series our fans stood and cheered when our offense took the field.

I have decided SEC refs means Screwed Every Call. Unreal holding by State.
    #84 for State held almost every time the tv showed him
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    #84 for State held almost every time the tv showed him
    I definitely feel like that aspect of officiating is one of the easiest and less noticeable for a crew of refs to give an advantage to one team.

Varsity Bulldog BulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of light

There y'all are. Pretty good crowd.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

We had tickets in the Tech section but a guy offered us 50 yard line seats at an extremely discounted price. Thus, we sat right in the middle of Miss State alum and they were not happy with my cheering loudly when we were rolling early. Overall, we were treated cordially and we were pleasant towards them. Nice time. I wish we could've seen Dixon in that game. That's the biggest disappointment to me.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Not that Memphis would play us, but them, Tulane, and Houston are who we should try to get instead of teams like UMass. Not a big believer in Tulsa.
    "
    Add smu to that list
    I'd love for our OOC sked to be
    Home/Home smu or houston
    Home/home memphis or tulane
    $ Game - MS/TX school or lower level A5
    FCS - nw st, southern, grambling

+ Reply to Thread