+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To Whom It May Concern....

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Re: To Whom It May Concern....

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I can't go to many away games a year, but when I do I go for entertainment purposes. It costs a significant amount of time and money to travel. I don't have much discretionary income for entertainment purposes so I have to be extremely selective when it comes to making decisions.

If I was about to go watch a Rolling Stones concert, I'd like to know whether or not Mick Jagger was going to perform before I showed up. If I was going to a MLB game, I'd like to know who's pitching. Before I go to a zoo, I check to make sure the lions and other big cats will be visible for observation. And so on...

I was very disappointed to find out Dixon wouldn't be available for yesterday's game after I had spent alot of time and money to get there. Like I said, I travel to away games for entertainment purposes. LaTech is not nearly as entertaining without our most dynamic playmaker participating. I understand the idea that we ought not release info for competitive purposes. But I think that crap's overrated. We're not going to win a game because the other team spent the whole time rehearsing for Dixon and now they don't know what to do with him not playing. They figure it out on the first play and adjust accordingly.

Ultimately, sports is the entertainment business. Had I found out Dak Prescott wasn't going to play for them, I probably wouldn't have made the trip--just because it would reduce the entertainment value of the product. Now, I go to our home games for a number of reasons beyond entertainment--loyalty, family, commitment, etc.,... But I go to away games for ENTERTAINMENT beyond everything. If there is no intention of playing Dixon, I want to know something about it.

For those say it wasn't in Tech's best interest to release that information, I'll counter: The amount of money that I spent traveling Starkville is money I WOULD HAVE to spend in Ruston. I could invite more friends to our tailgate. I could purchase more tickets. I could buy more gear. And so on...

I feel like I got ripped off yesterday.
    Yeah, I agree with this. If a player isn't going to play, say so. If a coach doesn't know if a player has recovered enough from an injury to play, I don't see the harm in the coaching staff saying that a player is "banged up" and his playing status for the upcoming game is undetermined.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    This may be taboo, but we knew on BleedTechBlue.
    When? On the Tuesday show he was probable.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I already wasn't expecting him to play based on the comments during the week. I thought it was announced earlier he would be out. I guess I am surprised I knew what others didn't- normally that is not the case.
    What comments?

No it was announced that he would play by our beat writer and our HC said more than once that it looked like he would be able to play.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

I felt kind of the same way when I went to auburn and Ryan moats was held out. It was the right thing to do, but it was disappointing because I thought we had a chance to win the way moats was tearing it up that year. However, I was glad to pull for Tech in any case.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    I felt kind of the same way when I went to auburn and Ryan moats was held out. It was the right thing to do, but it was disappointing because I thought we had a chance to win the way moats was tearing it up that year. However, I was glad to pull for Tech in any case.
    Was it announced that he would probably play before you made the trip?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Had a "fan experience" that is similar to Boxer's point of view. Paid $250 each for prime seats to see the US Men's Soccer team play, and bought two, one for my son as well. Total trip with hotel approached $1,000. Landon Donovan was playing professionally in Germany at that time and was due to fly in to the states, for this USMNT's match. His flight had gotten delayed (I think it was a conspiracy to try to keep him out of the game) and he only arrived at the stadium, straight off a long flight and other travel, about 2 hours to kickoff. The coach at that time, Bob Bradley, decided to keep LD out of the starting line, due to fatigue. Well! I was livid. Yeah, I was there to see the whole team, and yeah, the other stars: Dempsey, Howard, Bradley, Beasley, etc...were all starting, but I was like "oh, ya gotta be kidding me!"

Anyway, Donovan was subbed-in in the 70th minute of a 0-0 game, and about 5 mins later made a series of brilliant plays, all culminating with his dribble-penetration breaking down the defense and leaving Dempsey unmarked in front of the goal. Dempsey got the goal, Donovan the assist, and the fans around me agreed, when we all said "this is what we came to see."

I saw Landon Donovan play for 20 mins, the USA won 1-0, and it cost me $1,000!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Had a "fan experience" that is similar to Boxer's point of view. Paid $250 each for prime seats to see the US Men's Soccer team play, and bought two, one for my son as well. Total trip with hotel approached $1,000. Landon Donovan was playing professionally in Germany at that time and was due to fly in to the states, for this USMNT's match. His flight had gotten delayed (I think it was a conspiracy to try to keep him out of the game) and he only arrived at the stadium, straight off a long flight and other travel, about 2 hours to kickoff. The coach at that time, Bob Bradley, decided to keep LD out of the starting line, due to fatigue. Well! I was livid. Yeah, I was there to see the whole team, and yeah, the other stars: Dempsey, Howard, Bradley, Beasley, etc...were all starting, but I was like "oh, ya gotta be kidding me!"

Anyway, Donovan was subbed-in in the 70th minute of a 0-0 game, and about 5 mins later made a series of brilliant plays, all culminating with his dribble-penetration breaking down the defense and leaving Dempsey unmarked in front of the goal. Dempsey got the goal, Donovan the assist, and the fans around me agreed, when we all said "this is what we came to see."

I saw Landon Donovan play for 20 mins, the USA won 1-0, and it cost me $1,000!
    You actually paid money to see a soccer game? I wouldn't walk across the street to see the Champeen Ship game of the World Cup. In fact, I had two free prime seat tickets given to me in the '80's to see a World Cup game in the Cotton Bowl, and I immediately gave them away. Man, you said it all when you said "in the 70th minute of a 0-0 game".....that happens a lot of times in that boring sport.

Boxer, I don't think they understand.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I do, it's ONLY entertainment when the game is in Ruston...

Not on the road - been to plenty of basketball games away when our star or stars were disciplined for actions and had to set out and yes those were expensive trips for an hour and 1/2 less entertainment time...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

They said he was going to play.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    They said he was going to play.
    I never heard it nor saw it -

Even listening to the radio on the game over - MAY PLAY was all I heard - and if anyone knows our conservative coach, they should of known better and it was a 50/50 prop at best
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I hope he is good to go this week.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Some of us went to see Hank Williams, Jr. at the old Memorial Gym once and we started "prepping" for his show way before we got there. Bocephus apparently started doing the same kind of "prepping" and didn't make the show. Or maybe he did show but he didn't sing long. Or maybe he performed and was awful. Either way I remember being disappointed about the entertainment. I think I remember.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

This is not necessarily about Dixon. Yes, he alone makes it worth it, but he's not the only exciting player and he's not bigger than Tech. This is about Tech putting a poor product on the field regardless of whether he was part of it or not. I expect to be competitive in every game, and that my money was well spent. I pay good money to see Tech play...I don't pay money to see a scrimmage where the coaches have mailed it in.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I hope he [Dixon] is good to go this week.
    He is listed as "questionable".

http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/

+ Reply to Thread