+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Football. Hall of Fame Feature: Robert Brunet - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Hall of Fame Feature: Robert Brunet - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

When Robert Brunet makes his acceptance speech into the Louisiana Tech Athletics Hall of Fame it will finalize the most improbable march into this prestigious organization that any Bulldog athlete has ever made.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Football. Hall of Fame Feature: Robert Brunet - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by News_Bot View Post
    A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

When Robert Brunet makes his acceptance speech into the Louisiana Tech Athletics Hall of Fame it will finalize the most improbable march into this prestigious organization that any Bulldog athlete has ever made.

More...

Discuss it here.
    I had Shakespeare class under Dr Sachs and Bob Brunet was in the class... he was already playing pro football. So , here he is playing pro football and taking Shakespeare in off season--- says a lot about his character.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Watch him in those clips you see of the Alabama game in 1966. He was the only high point.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I had a PE class with Robert (we always called him Robert, not Bob). Our last names were one letter apart, so I got the "pleasure" of having him as a partner for many one-on-one drills. We arm wrestled in one of those drills, and I actually beat him! We laughed after that, because I was 150 lbs. soak and wet, and he was the starting running back for the Dawgs! We became good friends, and he was always my hero from that point on. I also knew Bradshaw, but Robert was trumps in my mind.

After he graduated, and was playing for the Washington Redskins, Robert joined us after the season at Moon"s (you old timers know what that was all about). We laughed about me beating him in arm wrestling, and talked about his time with legend Vince Lombardi as his coach. He was a rookie, but he said he was a tough SOB! He also said he was in total awe of him. When he got hurt in Dallas, I was living there. I tried to find out how to get to see him in the hospital, but I couldn't.

He was, and is, I am sure, one more fine individual. I loved to see him run on the old stadium field. He never got to run on the JAS turf, as he was gone by the time it opened. I remember the night he ran for well over 200 yards. He was one tough SOB. I am so glad he is now in our Hall Of Fame.
    Last edited by Amos Moses; 10-20-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I had a PE class with Robert (we always called him Robert, not Bob). Our last names were one letter apart, so I got the "pleasure" of having him as a partner for many one-on-one drills. We arm wrestled in one of those drills, am I actually beat him! We laughed after that, because I was 150 lbs. soak and wet, and he was the starting running back for the Dawgs! We became good friends, and he was always my hero from that point on. I also knew Bradshaw, but Robert was trumps in my mind.

After he graduated, and was playing for the Washington Redskins, Robert joined us after the season at Moon"s (you old timers know what that was all about). We laughed about me beating him in arm wrestling, and talked about his time with legend Vince Lombardi as his coach. He was a rookie, but he said he was a tough SOB! He also said he was in total awe of him. When he got hurt in Dallas, I was living there. I tried to find out how to get to see him in the hospital, but I couldn't.

He was, and is, I am sure, one more fine individual. I loved to see him run on the old stadium field. He never got to run on the JAS turf, as he was gone by the time it opened. I remember the night he ran for well over 200 yards. He was one tough SOB. I am so glad he is now in our Hall Of Fame.
    Good story. Thanks for sharing. I love hearing crap like that.

Hmm....Note to self: ......"never try to arm wrestle Amos Moses"......

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Good story. Thanks for sharing. I love hearing crap like that.

Hmm....Note to self: ......"never try to arm wrestle Amos Moses"......
    Hog....believe me, Amos ain't the Amos of old!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Hog....believe me, Amos ain't the Amos of old!
    Yeah, but we don't know that. Just remember, on the internet, you can be anybody you want to be.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have a bubble gum card of Robert Brunet.

Loooooong overdue to be admitted to our Hall of Fame.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Saw him play against Minden in the high school championship game and saw him run all over Lamar. While I didn't know who he was when playing against Minden, sure knew who he was when he was a Dawg. Great that he is going into the Hall of Fame!! Almost a rags to riches story.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

I had a PE class with Robert (we always called him Robert, not Bob). Our last names were one letter apart, so I got the "pleasure" of having him as a partner for many one-on-one drills. We arm wrestled in one of those drills, and I actually beat him! We laughed after that, because I was 150 lbs. soak and wet, and he was the starting running back for the Dawgs! We became good friends, and he was always my hero from that point on. I also knew Bradshaw, but Robert was trumps in my mind.

Broke my heart when he shut down "The Galley" here in Red "Schick." My goin' out for seafood dropped way off since. Loved the shrimp&corn soup with "pititte pan."

( His Mom's recipes belong in a HOF also )

+ Reply to Thread