+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The next governor of Louisiana

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Re: The next governor of Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    You're kidding right???
    I recognize that there is partisan politics in Baton Rouge. My point is that if you want the NATIONAL democratic party running the show vote for Edwards. The LADC doesn't have the funding anymore to win. They will have to accept the support of the National party and with the dollars come to promises. And those promises are to promote programs and policy that I disagree with.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    What is the make up of the LA legislature? D's and R's?
    The Louisiana legislature for the last 20 years has been made up of ins and outs. Those IN control raise taxes and spend more money, and those Out complain. It has almost all been at the discretion of the Governor. The difference in this race is do you want a conservative punk or a liberal nice guy calling the shots.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I've become less of an LABI fan in recent years, but they are still businesses best lobby group. Edwards SUCKS according to them. He is a union hack and liberal to the core. I admire his service to our country, but most of his politics are screwed up.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I've become less of an LABI fan in recent years, but they are still businesses best lobby group. Edwards SUCKS according to them. He is a union hack and liberal to the core. I admire his service to our country, but most of his politics are screwed up.
    Even Barbara Norton has a better LABI score than Edwards.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Even Barbara Norton has a better LABI score than Edwards.
    David Vitter is more conservative than Ralph Abrahams.

http://www.heritageactionscorecard.com//state/state/la

Any conservative, Republican or otherwise, that votes for Edwards is pulling the lever for an Obama surrogate. I don't disparage anyone who can't vote for Vitter because of his personal indiscretions. But to vote for Edwards is ridiculous.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Also, David Vitter at least pretends to care about North Louisiana. He's held town halls in every parish. He's met with Tech students and attended several Tech tailgates and football games. He had a Shreveport pastor offer the prayer before his election night event. In fact, he's campaigning in Shreveport and Monroe today.

During Edwards' election night speech, he thanked several cities for voting for him... all in South Louisiana. He stumbled naming our NELA universities at the debate at Tech. He's just another one of those South Louisiana guys who doesn't really see us as part of the state. Then consider his horrible anti-free market, economics illiterate voting record and that he'd bankrupt the state with Medicaid expansion, I don't see how any conservative could vote for Edwards.

I held my nose and voted for Vitter in the general, and I'll do it again in the runoff. I don't like him as a person. I don't think anybody really does. But I hope most can see that he's the best candidate in the race despite his warts.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    David Vitter is more conservative than Ralph Abrahams.

http://www.heritageactionscorecard.com//state/state/la

Any conservative, Republican or otherwise, that votes for Edwards is pulling the lever for an Obama surrogate. I don't disparage anyone who can't vote for Vitter because of his personal indiscretions. But to vote for Edwards is ridiculous.
    But nothing got done while he was a senior Senator. He is an immoral man. He is a weeny. He is a joke. That conservative rating doesn't mean a damned thing.

In effect, the Republican Party keeps putting these buffoons up for election and they dare us to vote for a Democrati. We keep doing the same thing over and over. The Republican Party is supposed to stop the Democrats from expanding the government and not only do they not stop it, they expand it themselves. Our greatest loss of privacy came under Republicsn rule. They promise me one thing and do another. That makes the Republics Party liars and traitors.

if the Repblicans put up a first-rate candidate, I will vote Republican again. In the meantime, I will no longer vote for their clown in the clown show, thinking it makes a difference. Vitter is a clown and has not done a thing for freedom and smaller government. You are fooling yourself if you think he has or will.

Im holding out for a great man.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Also, David Vitter at least pretends to care about North Louisiana. He's held town halls in every parish. He's met with Tech students and attended several Tech tailgates and football games. He had a Shreveport pastor offer the prayer before his election night event. In fact, he's campaigning in Shreveport and Monroe today.

During Edwards' election night speech, he thanked several cities for voting for him... all in South Louisiana. He stumbled naming our NELA universities at the debate at Tech. He's just another one of those South Louisiana guys who doesn't really see us as part of the state. Then consider his horrible anti-free market, economics illiterate voting record and that he'd bankrupt the state with Medicaid expansion, I don't see how any conservative could vote for Edwards.

I held my nose and voted for Vitter in the general, and I'll do it again in the runoff. I don't like him as a person. I don't think anybody really does. But I hope most can see that he's the best candidate in the race despite his warts.
    Pretend being the key word.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Pretend being the key word.
    Yes, the effort is worth something in my book. Had Dardenne pretended to care about North Louisiana, I would've voted for him in the general, but he didn't even try.

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg View Post
    The Louisiana legislature for the last 20 years has been made up of ins and outs. Those IN control raise taxes and spend more money, and those Out complain. It has almost all been at the discretion of the Governor. The difference in this race is do you want a conservative punk or a liberal nice guy calling the shots.
    I want a great man who will view the part and short term in light of the whole and long term.

The whole is we need true reform so that our government gets smaller and less intrusive. To get that we need a true reformer, which would require a great man. Short term, that may mean we have to deal with a Democrat, because if we keep electing do-nothing clowns like Vitter, the Rupblican Party will not get the message and will continue to put up the next clown they have in the pipeline, knowing we will keep putting them in.

Vitter will embarrass conservatives. Mark my word. He is a second-rate man.

Yes, the effort is worth something in my book. Had Dardenne pretended to care about North Louisiana, I would've voted for him in the general, but he didn't even try.
    To each their own, but I don't like to be lied to.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Vitter will embarrass conservatives. Mark my word. He is a second-rate man.
    How do you feel about a man who chooses to brag about his military service, but supports a party who wants to cut defense, sides with labor unions, Obamacare proponents, and calls for bigger government and higher taxes.

Second rate at the least.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

To each their own, but I don't like to be lied to.
    And how could you expect to get anything but lies from Vitter? Character has to matter. Does that mean I'll vote for Edwards? Not necessarily, but it definitely means I won't vote for Vitter.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    How do you feel about a man who chooses to brag about his military service, but supports a party who wants to cut defense, sides with labor unions, Obamacare proponents, and calls for bigger government and higher taxes.

Second rate at the least.
    He doesn't lie to me. I don't assume he represents me. The issue is that the party that says they represent me puts up clowns. We have to stop this cycle of accepting it.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

North Louisiana needs someone from the north to run. Everyone down here doesn't even think of the north. ..AT ALL. It doesn't help that most of the population is in the south.

+ Reply to Thread