+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Home Uniforms

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: New Home Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't a little cease and desist letter that made us stop?
    That certainly hasn't stopped anybody else.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    That certainly hasn't stopped anybody else.
    I guess you're the expert then.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I guess you're the expert then.
    It doesn't take an expert to figure out our SID/marketing/whomever else made this stupid decision has been clowned.

Mississippi State official football twitter on Oct. 17 vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs...

MSU Football@HailStateFB Oct 17
    GAMEDAY#HailState

Retweet if you're coming to the Dawg Walk two hours before kickoff in The Junction! #HailState

MSU Football Retweeted

MSU Football Retweeted
    MarkChills@CountryBoySippi Oct 17
    Ready to see them Dawgs Beat Louisiana Tec #MaroonSelfies #HailState

MSU Football Retweeted

MSU Football Retweeted
    Gabby@madd_gab Oct 17
    Ready for our dawgs!!! #HailState

MSU Football Retweeted

Bring 'em out Time to rock Dawgs #HailState

MSU Football Retweeted
    Brian Knight@bnight6 Oct 17
    Absolutely gorgeous fall day with these cuties. Let's go Dawgs! #hailstate #maroonselfies

.@hollowayyyy taking it to for the Dawgs! #HailState
    Vine
    .@hollowayyyy taking it to  for the Dawgs! #HailState
    Vine by Mississippi State Football

View on web

Fear the Bear. Dawgs bring it up to 31-17. #HailState
    Vine
    Fear the Bear. Dawgs bring it up to 31-17. #HailState

View on web

It's all about the family, and Dawg Fam brought it today
    Vine
    It's all about the family, and Dawg Fam brought it today 

View on web

Need more evidence?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Never needed evidence. I'm aware what other schools do. I'm also aware of other i$$ue$ that might make it easier to combat a cease and desist. We could probably do the same if we had the same re$ources.

Never needed evidence. I'm aware what other schools do. I'm also aware of other i$$ue$ that might make it easier to combat a cease and desist. We could probably do the same if we had the same re$ources.
    Resources like they have at Southern Illinois or Ferris State or Carthage HS or any of the other hundreds of schools and teams that use the word Dawgs? Sorry, but this is absolutely pathetic.

Resources like they have at Southern Illinois or Ferris State or Carthage HS or any of the other hundreds of schools and teams that use the word Dawgs? Sorry, but this is absolutely pathetic.
    And you're sure they got a cease and desist letter?

And you're sure they got a cease and desist letter?
    And you think Georgia is just picking on little ole Louisiana Tech?

And you think Georgia is just picking on little ole Louisiana Tech?
    I am not the expert here. I'm asking questions that you should consider before jumping to the conclusion that we failed. I'm no expert on anything discussed here. And it's doubtful that anyone that tries to discuss the issue in as much detail as you have is.

16 "Dawgs" currently logged in
    1 "Dog" currently logged in (and the lone "dog" also is in favor of ULL being referred to as UL and Louisiana...)

Maybe it'd be a good idea to fight for something our fans believe in or at the very least not continually insult us.

All you have to do is look at the abundance of "Dawgs" comments and the dearth of "Dogs" on our facebook pages to see that our admin needs to cease and desist with all the "Dogs" BS. All they really have to do is call us by our full "Bulldogs" nickname instead of calling us abbreviated names our fans don't like.

This is just another branding issue our admin has totally whiffed on and refuses to correct.

I'm sorry. I don't see the big deal. And I'm one of the people that uses Dawgs.

I am not the expert here. I'm asking questions that you should consider before jumping to the conclusion that we failed. I'm no expert on anything discussed here. And it's doubtful that anyone that tries to discuss the issue in as much detail as you have is.
    I think it's pretty obvious that Georgia is simply trying to intimidate us into no longer using a common name that should be fair use. I guarantee you Georgia's lawyers aren't just picking on us.

The bottomline is that all the other schools have found ways to keep using Dawgs, but Tech's admin did not. That's either failure or not trying.

I think it's pretty obvious that Georgia is simply trying to intimidate us into no longer using a common name that should be fair use. I guarantee you Georgia's lawyers aren't just picking on us. The bottomline is that all the other schools have found ways to keep using Dawgs, but Tech's admin did not. That's either failure or not trying.
    Glad I could get the opinion of the expert on this.

Glad I could get the opinion of the expert on this.
    Since when did anybody have to be an expert to post their opinion on this board? You don't have to be a president, AD, coach, doctor, lawyer, politician, fashion designer, etc. to call it like you see it. There are also a lot of supposed "experts" who suck at their jobs. "Posting on this forum and not a basketball coach? Sorry, your opinion is invalid." How stupid is that?
    Last edited by Dawg06; 11-02-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Since when did anybody have to be an expert to post their opinion on this board? You don't have to be a president, AD, coach, doctor, lawyer, politician, fashion designer, etc. to call it like you see it. There are also a lot of supposed "experts" who suck at their jobs. "Posting on this forum and not a basketball coach? Sorry, your opinion is invalid." How stupid is that?
    I would expect anyone as moved by you in any issue to do adequate research before voicing your opinion. Otherwise you end up speaking out of your ass.

For example do any of the schools you cite as finding a way around the trademark sell merchandise with "Dawgs" on them? Have you cared to look up the trademark? Are you aware of action taken by Tech as a result of the trademark.

Unless you have the knowledge or the research on the issue then you are simply wasting everyone's time inciting a non issue. If you do the research then maybe you can provide a better understanding on the issue to your audience. If you care about this issue and want to be taken seriously by anyone that can make a difference then this is how you handle it. And then you might start to see the big picture and actually understand the other side. Doesn't mean you have to believe the other side is correct but it does help you understand that people are not just "bad at their jobs."

+ Reply to Thread