+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two Louisiana libraries honored for accessibility

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

LaTech Two Louisiana libraries honored for accessibility

Had to post this, I hope Tech will get a release out soon for the papers up here. As the Dean, Emeritus of the Library I can tell you this is an important part of the service Tech provides to the state. Along with LSU we are also an officially designated State Publications historical collection sites . ( The other historical site is the State Library).

http://theadvocate.com/entertainment...es-honored-for

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Two Louisiana libraries honored for accessibility

Speaking of libraries, does anyone know if the film library has modernized to DVD's. My wife retired as a teacher here in Texas a couple of years ago and the classrooms had computers with DVD playing/projecting capability. I worked in the old film library for two years inspecting those old cellulose films, first by hand and then with the automatic machines. Some would come back in terrible shape with "new" sprocket holes which had to be removed. Of course the splices would have to be checked and replaced. Miss Cleo Alexander was in charge of the film library then.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Re: Two Louisiana libraries honored for accessibility

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Speaking of libraries, does anyone know if the film library has modernized to DVD's. My wife retired as a teacher here in Texas a couple of years ago and the classrooms had computers with DVD playing/projecting capability. I worked in the old film library for two years inspecting those old cellulose films, first by hand and then with the automatic machines. Some would come back in terrible shape with "new" sprocket holes which had to be removed. Of course the splices would have to be checked and replaced. Miss Cleo Alexander was in charge of the film library then.
    Film with rare exceptions is gone.

+ Reply to Thread