+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Louisiana System Name Change Policies and Guidelines

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

University of Louisiana System Name Change Policies and Guidelines

Can we make this a sticky for easy reference?

http://ulsystem.edu/assets/docs/sear...e_policies.pdf

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: University of Louisiana System Name Change Policies and Guidelines

The link will not open. It may be operator error.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

John Bel Edwards calls them UL.

He loves the 1L deal.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

He said ULL in his election night speech. I don't know what Vitter calls them behind closed doors.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    He said ULL in his election night speech.
    Was that the night he thanked Obama for all the hope and change he had delivered?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

That hope and change thing has been 50% done. Unfortunately, doesn't positively answer the other 50%.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    That hope and change thing has been 50% done. Unfortunately, doesn't positively answer the other 50%.
    I disagree as he has destroyed at least 85% of this countries hopes and dreams.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And the last 15% is hanging by a thread.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I don't disagree. He did the change part (50%) but hasn't delivered on the other 50% (the hope).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Can we make this a sticky for easy reference?

http://ulsystem.edu/assets/docs/sear...e_policies.pdf
    The policy clearly states that no ULS school can use "University of Louisiana" without the AT _____________ (city tag), and that prohibition includes athletics. Just as plain, simple, and easy to understand as it could possibly be. No grey area, no ambiguity, nothing left to interpretation or opinion. Nope! says YOU CAN NOT DO IT! Period!

Is it time for a lawsuit? I know Sandra Woodley on a professional and personal basis. I like her, respect the job she is doing, and wouldn't want to drag her into a mess, especially one as silly as a name thingy. Maybe no one has simply spoken to her about this issue, with a, let's say, passion and "we're not gonna take it anymore" attitude.

To be honest, this is the first time I have read the policy. In the past, I have depended on others' comments/opinions of the policy. It is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The policy clearly states that no ULS school can use "University of Louisiana" without the AT _____________ (city tag), and that prohibition includes athletics. Just as plain, simple, and easy to understand as it could possibly be. No grey area, no ambiguity, nothing left to interpretation or opinion. Nope! says YOU CAN NOT DO IT! Period!

Is it time for a lawsuit? I know Sandra Woodley on a professional and personal basis. I like her, respect the job she is doing, and wouldn't want to drag her into a mess, especially one as silly as a name thingy. Maybe no one has simply spoken to her about this issue, with a, let's say, passion and "we're not gonna take it anymore" attitude.

To be honest, this is the first time I have read the policy. In the past, I have depended on others' comments/opinions of the policy. It is clear.
    To make matters worse and more convoluted, the Cajuns claim that according to a statute, Tech's official name is Louisiana Tech University @ Ruston.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

]

I wouldn't mind joining you

To make matters worse and more convoluted, the Cajuns claim that according to a statute, Tech's official name is Louisiana Tech University @ Ruston.

The Cajuns further claim that Louisiana Ragin Cajuns complies with the policy. I'm no lawyer, but the use of Louisiana, which is not addressed in the policy specifically, certainly violates the intent of the policy. The use of "State" implies the school is U of State or State U, which creates the false perception that @ Lafayette is a level above the other schools in the U of L System. At least it does to me, and I find it unethical for the @ Lafayette administration to promote.

In any event, it certainly appears that the law and/or policy is poorly written, and associated State Statutes further confuse the issue, apparently adding @ City to all schools in the U of L System. According to the Cajuns, all member institution's names were changed by the legislature when the Cajuns were granted their request to become a ULX.

The Cajuns claim

It's not a document it's the actual revised statute, which means it's the law. Is that so hard to understand? Facts are facts and the law is the law, I know the law, I get paid to know the law. Now if you find me another statute (law) that's says otherwise I'll listen, until then LTU @ Ruston.

LA RS 17:3217, that is the law
    https://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=80675

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post

The Cajuns further claim that Louisiana Ragin Cajuns complies with the policy. I'm no lawyer, but the use of Louisiana, which is not addressed in the policy specifically, certainly violates the intent of the policy. The use of "State" implies the school is U of State or State U, which creates the false perception that @ Lafayette is a level above the other schools in the U of L System. At least it does to me, and I find it unethical for the @ Lafayette administration to promote.

In any event, it certainly appears that the law and/or policy is poorly written, and associated State Statutes further confuse the issue, apparently adding @ City to all schools in the U of L System. According to the Cajuns, all member institution's names were changed by the legislature when the Cajuns were granted their request to become a ULX.

The Cajuns claim

It's not a document it's the actual revised statute, which means it's the law. Is that so hard to understand? Facts are facts and the law is the law, I know the law, I get paid to know the law. Now if you find me another statute (law) that's says otherwise I'll listen, until then LTU @ Ruston.

LA RS 17:3217, that is the law
    https://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=80675
    Take the time to read the Whole statute and not just one section citation. Context matters. What you cite isn't granting the names of the schools. It's simply telling who the member schools are and where they're located.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

He said ULL in his election night speech. I don't know what Vitter calls them behind closed doors.
    Vitter has called them UL on Twitter. No closed doors needed.

+ Reply to Thread