+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Louisiana System Name Change Policies and Guidelines

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: University of Louisiana System Name Change Policies and Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I say let someone else fight the battle. Louisiana Tech is secure. LSU-br and ULM may have something at stake, so let them cry over it in public and we can sit back and watch.
    I don't know, Chip. Perception is often more compelling than reality, and perception that @ Lafayette is more than they are will affect Tech. ULM jumped in bed with them, held up their end, and should demand @ Lafayette hold up theirs. Though ULM got snookered, they (the ULXs) snookered all of us as the "deal" affects all system schools. I would think were it decided it was a fight worth fighting, there would be a need for a concerted effort by all schools in the U of L System. It may be an irritant to LSU, but of no consequence.

If, as some believe, there were back room deals then that is more of a reason to expose that the whole thing, in effect, was a ploy for @ Lafayette to accomplish what they could not accomplish by honest means.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Won't matter as long as they always play on Tuesday nights and especially is they get back to their old ways and miss bowl games.(could happen this year)

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    That hope and change thing has been 50% done. Unfortunately, doesn't positively answer the other 50%.
    I hope we never see the other 50%!!!!! Obama is a CLUSTERF!!!

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I have decided to cheer for ULL and/or ULM in their quest to be called University of Louisiana. Because wins against them would at least 'sound' like a decent accomishment to outsiders.

The average person might say, "Wow this Louisiana Tech team must be good since they beat the University of Louisiana." Texas Tech got a lot of mileage out of beating University of Texas. More than if they beat University of North TX, UT-Arlington, UTEP, etc.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

No. Those outsiders would say "Louisiana Tech beat the 'University of Louisiana'? Who the hell is that"?

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    You're fighting a losing battle my good friend. That's like trying to point out the sunset to Ray Charles.
    I give Ray Charles credit for knowing he can't see the sunset. So, to me, it's more akin to a Bulldog and a Ragin Cajun facing West and watching the sun set on the horizon. "What a beautiful sunset," the Bulldog says. The RC replies, "Dam, you a fool. You didn' learn nothing up there at Tech. Thas a sunrise. Eryone knowzat. All ya gotta do it look at da colors in a sky ta know. Ony sunRISE has purty colors. A sunSET is when da sky getting dark."

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

To make matters worse and more convoluted, the Cajuns claim that according to a statute, Tech's official name is Louisiana Tech University @ Ruston.

The Cajuns further claim that Louisiana Ragin Cajuns complies with the policy. I'm no lawyer, but the use of Louisiana, which is not addressed in the policy specifically, certainly violates the intent of the policy. The use of "State" implies the school is U of State or State U, which creates the false perception that @ Lafayette is a level above the other schools in the U of L System. At least it does to me, and I find it unethical for the @ Lafayette administration to promote.

In any event, it certainly appears that the law and/or policy is poorly written, and associated State Statutes further confuse the issue, apparently adding @ City to all schools in the U of L System. According to the Cajuns, all member institution's names were changed by the legislature when the Cajuns were granted their request to become a ULX.

The Cajuns claim

It's not a document it's the actual revised statute, which means it's the law. Is that so hard to understand? Facts are facts and the law is the law, I know the law, I get paid to know the law. Now if you find me another statute (law) that's says otherwise I'll listen, until then LTU @ Ruston.

LA RS 17:3217, that is the law
    https://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=80675
    I saw that post on the RP site the other day. Then, as now, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, in the post to lead me to believe the poster is a lawyer. And if the poster is a lawyer I feel badly for his clients. The part about getting paid to know the law makes me think of Barney Fife.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    I saw that post on the RP site the other day. Then, as now, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, in the post to lead me to believe the poster is a lawyer. And if the poster is a lawyer I feel badly for his clients. The part about getting paid to know the law makes me think of Barney Fife.
    See my earlier post on the Legislation that changed the name to Louisiana Tech University, Act 102 of 1970. That is the official and controlling law.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody actually care if they tack on @Ruston to our name. No one else will do it, and I for one am not ashamed of Ruston.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Does anybody actually care if they tack on @Ruston to our name. No one else will do it, and I for one am not ashamed of Ruston.
    We couldn't get @Ruston to stick if WE wanted it to, and UL@L can'take shake the @L no matter how hard they try!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    If we are @Ruston, then we obviously have our own system and satellite campuses!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

That's a fact. As a Cubs fan, and watching the Saints currently crumble before our eyes as I type, it feels right.
    Never throw the Saints in with the cubbies. Now the cowgirls, Lions or the Browns maybe but never the Saints.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    We couldn't get @Ruston to stick if WE wanted it to, and UL@L can'take shake the @L no matter how hard they try!
    They do shake it while at the urinal.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Isn't Grambling also Grambling State University at Grambling following their logic? I guess we could also use just "Louisiana" for our athletics too. Boggles the mind. ..

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Grambling State University of Louisiana at Grambling

+ Reply to Thread