+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury Update

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Injury Update

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    The next two games fit right into the definition of trap games for Tech.
    Yep, we haven't had our WTF game yet. Moo State was just a FUBAR performance. Hopefully we can escape 2015 without having one. I was watching the pregame of the Marshall/ODU game yesterday, and the head coach of ODU was saying they beat "LAH Tech" last year by slowing down the game and they hoped to do the same to Marshall. Didn't work for them this time, though.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Yep, we haven't had our WTF game yet. Moo State was just a FUBAR performance. Hopefully we can escape 2015 without having one. I was watching the pregame of the Marshall/ODU game yesterday, and the head coach of ODU was saying they beat "LAH Tech" last year by slowing down the game and they hoped to do the same to Marshall. Didn't work for them this time, though.
    ODO had a great offensive gameplan vs WKU but the defense couldn't stop the hilltoppers. Their first drive was almost 10 minutes but only got 3 points. Then they roughed punter on WKU's first drive and it snowballed from there

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I disagree. Kansas State and WKU were our WTF games. We could have won both of those, but massively conservative play calling decisions offensively and defensively kept us from doing so.

The good news is, vs Rice we never attempted a FG! There was no sense of "let's get into the red zone so we can set up a FG attempt" like there clearly was earlier in the season. It appears that Louisiana Tech is finishing out 20015 the same way we did in 2014- TAKE NO PRISONERS! It is showing up on the lopsided scoreboard too.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    ODO had a great offensive gameplan vs WKU but the defense couldn't stop the hilltoppers. Their first drive was almost 10 minutes but only got 3 points. Then they roughed punter on WKU's first drive and it snowballed from there
    Yeah, that was WKU instead of Marshall that donkey stomped ODU.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I disagree. Kansas State and WKU were our WTF games. We could have won both of those, but massively conservative play calling decisions offensively and defensively kept us from doing so.

The good news is, vs Rice we never attempted a FG! There was no sense of "let's get into the red zone so we can set up a FG attempt" like there clearly was earlier in the season. It appears that Louisiana Tech is finishing out 20015 the same way we did in 2014- TAKE NO PRISONERS! It is showing up on the lopsided scoreboard too.
    I guess you can say those two games were WTF games. Add in a close one at UTSA. I agree that the last two games, especially the Rice game, were impressive. The defense against Rice was a thing of beauty!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    How did he get a concussion without being hit in the head?
    Slamming the ground like a freight train and his head nearly popping off his shoulders probably contributed. That was a full speed blind side lick. I couldn't believe he got up so fast. I was even more impressed he walked to the right sideline.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

I replayed the hit to Carlos and it appears to me the Rice player launched himself at Carlos and hit Carlos with the top of his helmet. Looks to be targeting to me!

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    How did he get a concussion without being hit in the head?
    well the back of his head could have hit the ground for one thing. He didn't initially appear to be concussed. He immediately got up and went walked to the sideline then bent over like the wind was knocked out of him. He didn't stagger off the field. I do not know if there are grades of concussions, but if there are he would seem to have a minor one.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

The game will be replayed tonight at 8 on FCSP.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post
    I replayed the hit to Carlos and it appears to me the Rice player launched himself at Carlos and hit Carlos with the top of his helmet. Looks to be targeting to me!
    He didn't even attempt to tackle him. He just wanted to knock him out.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Best still I could get. Sorry for the orientation.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post

Best still I could get. Sorry for the orientation.
    The rice player is launching upwards and his helmet directly hits Henderson's helmet causing it to snap back.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Helluva hit. And, being old school, I saw nothing wrong with it. but! given the rules of today, that was targeting and shoulda been called.

Hope Henderson has shaken it off and plays this week.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

after watching the replay i can see what most of you are saying. there is definite helmet to helmet contact. pretty amazing that Carlos walked off the field as controlled as he did. Tough dude.
    Last edited by LEEDAWG; 11-01-2015 at 06:51 PM. Reason: I shouldn't spell the word tough....though.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Contact between helmets does not make it a "helmet to helmet" or targeting. The Rice player led with his shoulder. Carlos hit the side of the helmet with the face of his. Nothing here.

+ Reply to Thread