Quote Originally Posted by PaPaBuddha View Post
Just rolled into South Padre Island, TX after an 11 hr. drive. What a ballgame last night!! Way to go LADY TECHSTERS! We didn't finish the 2nd and 3rd quarters very well or it may have been a 30 point or more margin. I thought the officials really took our momentum away when we didn't get to shoot our second free throw and they got possession after we did shoot it (still not sure that was correct). What a class act Coach Summit was when he put Maren in at the end of the game. PaPa got a little teary eyed. We are so grateful she has been given this opportunity to play with the Lady Techsters. We hope to make it back down in March and catch a couple of games. Play hard and play smart Ladies!!
I was at the game and that really was the wrong call. I wish some of you could have seen the ULL coach. He should have received 4 "T's" at least. He was a jerk the whole game to the refs and they called some wrong that benefited them because of it. Anyway, our defense is what won this game. ULL had a couple of great guards, but we were bigger and stronger. They could do nothing around our post players. Moten had a great game, as well. I was glad to see your Granddaughter get a chance to play. I bet we will see more of her!