+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we win this week

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

If we win this week

is there any way we host the championship game? I assume we would travel to WKU, but would we host Marshall? Should I bite the bullet and pull for Marshall this week?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: If we win this week

I don't think it matters. We play on the road. Hope I'm wrong.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    is there any way we host the championship game? I assume we would travel to WKU, but would we host Marshall? Should I bite the bullet and pull for Marshall this week?
    No, we are virtually tied in the computer Rankings with Marshall. If they defeat WKU, they will receive a significant bump

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

If we find a way to beat USM and win the CUSA championship game, what pieces of the puzzle do we need to be the highest ranked G5 conference champion?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    No, we are virtually tied in the computer Rankings with Marshall. If they defeat WKU, they will receive a significant bump
    So we are flying to Kentucky in December?? Thanks for texting me about BB last nite--WOW, we handled the pressure amazingly

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I thought it was too close to call until all the games are played, including the teams we both played earlier???? It may take some puzzle pieces to fall but it COULD happen if Marshall wins. It WON'T happen if WKU wins. But I could be wrong!

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    If we find a way to beat USM and win the CUSA championship game, what pieces of the puzzle do we need to be the highest ranked G5 conference champion?
    That is also impossible. Navy, Houston, and Temple are all far ahead of us. The winner of the American Conference will go to the access bowl unless Toledo somehow sneaks in.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I thought it was too close to call until all the games are played, including the teams we both played earlier???? It may take some puzzle pieces to fall but it COULD happen if Marshall wins. It WON'T happen if WKU wins. But I could be wrong!
    Even if every game goes our way, we would come up about 8 spots short of Marshall.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

If UConn beats Temple, that would send South Florida to the conference championship, right? Our only chance would be for South Florida to win the AAC.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Like it's been said before, we will have a hard time jumping everyone, but if pieces fell just right we'd want NIU & USF to win MAC/AAC. We also want Air Force & SD State to lose this week before the championship.

CUSA Championship: 59 Tech over 39 WKU
    MAC Championship: 37 Bowling Green vs. 22 Toledo/51 Northern Illinois
    AAC Championship: 13 Navy/25 Houston vs. 33 Temple/42 USF
    MWC Championship: 54 San Diego St. vs. 52 Air Force

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    If UConn beats Temple, that would send South Florida to the conference championship, right? Our only chance would be for South Florida to win the AAC.
    The winner of the Houston vs Navy game will most likely play in the assess bowl. If MSU was our only loss, perhaps we'd be in the discussion, but due to losses against unranked Kansas State and WKU in addition to near losses to crappy programs like UTEP and UTSA, we're not even in the running. Don't get me wrong, this is a good Tech team, but Houston and Navy would beat us by at least one touchdown if Tech played them.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

We need Marsall to win and hope the computer favors us. I think its likely we are headed on the road regardless.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN did a good job last night of breaking this down on a broad level during the NIU-Ohio game.

We're now at a point where UCONN will have to upset Temple for South Florida to slip into the AAC championship game. That will give USF a shot at either Navy or Houston and the upset in order for a school outside of the AAC to have a shot at the G5 slot. Unfortunately, the game is in Philly where Temple plays much better football. But the Huskies beat Houston last week so it's not out of the question.

If all other things were equal, I believe the Committee would look at how you handled your conference schedule. I also think a 4-loss school would not go in over a 3-loss school. I think Tech and WKU would both have a shot out of CUSA. If it comes down to it, Tech and WKU have fewer holes on each of our resumes than the schools either one of us would be competing against.

The MWC champion will have at least 3 losses. Air Force has a weak schedule and a bad conference loss to Colorado State, while San Diego State has a non-conference home loss to South Alabama. In the MAC, NIU was upset by Ohio last night. That puts Toledo back in the MAC driver's seat. Toledo will have a tough game against Western Michigan Friday afternoon, but a win will put the Rockets into the MAC championship against a 3-loss Bowling Green team. Western Michigan upsetting Toledo would almost certainly take the MAC out of contention.

As far as the SunBelt goes, A-State will win the league barring a major upset. The problem for A-State is that it has two blowout non-conference losses and a home loss to a weak Missouri team.
    Last edited by The Historian; 11-25-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    The winner of the Houston vs Navy game will most likely play in the assess bowl. If MSU was our only loss, perhaps we'd be in the discussion, but due to losses against unranked Kansas State and WKU in addition to near losses to crappy programs like UTEP and UTSA, we're not even in the running. Don't get me wrong, this is a good Tech team, but Houston and Navy would beat us by at least one touchdown if Tech played them.
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but Houston's QB being out for most of the game last week showed just how average a football team they are without him in the game. The same thing would be true for Navy if Keenan Reynolds was out for a game or two with a sprained ankle or shoulder.

If Tech is one of the 5 conference champions we will be in the discussion. Only those 5 schools are eligible. At that point, our resume just has to be better then the other conference champions. And as I previously posted, those other champions are perhaps more flawed than us.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but Houston's QB being out for most of the game last week showed just how average a football team they are without him in the game. The same thing would be true for Navy if Keenan Reynolds was out for a game or two with a sprained ankle or shoulder.

If Tech is one of the 5 conference champions we will be in the discussion. Only those 5 schools are eligible. At that point, our resume just has to be better then the other conference champions. And as I previously posted, those other champions are perhaps more flawed than us.
    I like the way you think Historian!
    JFW

+ Reply to Thread