+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Umbrella zone

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Umbrella zone

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Once again, the confusion is SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT of the rules.
    Who cares? If you violate the rules you don't have the right to say "someone else did it" as your defense. If you get pulled over for speeding do you defend yourself by saying the other guy was speeding too?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . I am big believer in common sense. Rather have 50-60 folks stay home because of rain doesn't really matter either way -- just some situations deserve flexibility and common sense. I have grandson coming today and what planet won't allow him under umbrella As Long as it does not interfere with others-- I've pretty well been selective about things my whole life-- we live in a world creating more and more "rules" for everything ... Kids can not say prayers before school begins in many places.. Ok, that's the extreme but ... Even for me that's a stupid example, comparing umbrellas to anto
    I relegion
    You can disagree if you want but it's a stadium rule. And a rule that is nearly universal no matter where you go. They can't let you get away with it or else maddawg will use you as his excuse for Southern Miss.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

U
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Here are the official rules:

The following is a list of other items prohibited from Joe Aillet Stadium:
    • Coolers, ice chests, bottles, cans, cups or containers of any kind
    • Outside food and drinks
    • Umbrellas
    • Any type of artificial noise makers
    • Pets of any variety (except for service animals)

*FANS
    Inside stadium security did not wrong. They were enforcing rules decided by the athletic department. Selective enforcement of rules allowing some people to use umbrellas and others not would be a disaster. Bring a poncho or rain suit to the game.
    Fixed it for ya.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    Who cares? If you violate the rules you don't have the right to say "someone else did it" as your defense. If you get pulled over for speeding do you defend yourself by saying the other guy was speeding too?
    Yep.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    It seems YOU and the athletic department like to complicate things. If there is selective enforcement of a rule that some people don't follow, why is the rule exist in the first place? Remove the rule! If there was no rule against umbrellas, all a fan has to do is say "there is no rule against umbrellas and stadium rules printed in the stadium say that they are allowed-problem solved!
    And THERE's why we have stupid rules like this to begin with: Because guys like Woof don't have any common sense. It's beyond his comprehension.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

there will be 1,000 of us crazy people at the game today. If I chose to bring an umbrella and some rent-a-security guy told me to put it up, he would receive a beating from said umbrella.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Last game russdawg, Sportsdawg and 2 sons sat with me on 50 yard line student side. Zero folks other than us in upper section. Security made us put umbrella up. Both boys got soaked. So is their an ordinance against common sense??
    Granted it was 4 years ago (New Mexico State game on 11/26/11), but there were numerous umbrellas being used. We actually had several of the golf size umbrellas so they were clearly visible when we entered the Joe. Being from Georgia, I don't make it to very many games, but I remember people around us talking about umbrellas being allowed as being unusual, and perhaps it was allowed because a big crowd was not expected and the weather was nasty - rained almost the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    I don't get the confusion. Unbrellas are always a no no for sporting events. Come pr
    epared with a poncho or other rain gear. Have a change of clothes ready in the car after the game with some towels.
    ......or better yet, stay home and watch it on TV.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ......or better yet, stay home and watch it on TV.
    Don't let TI hear you say that. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yeah, that goes back to the "selective enforcement" rule by our bozo game day staff. A staff, who apparently reads THE BBB, and feels the need to remind the few fans who plan on attending not to bring in umbrellas are large tote bags that could have adult beverages inside.
    .......no worries. This game is going to look fantastic in the warm confines of my living room, on my big screen color TV, all while I'm drinking my beer and whipping around checking on other games. And the best part is twofold: 1) I don't have to deal with asshole security people at JAS, and 2) I save myself a solid 10 hours of driving time this weekend. Gosh.....what will I do with all that extra time during my weekend.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Best way to handle it is the way most every sporting event is managed- just do not allow anyone with an umbrella to enter the stadium.
    I understand the rule and dislike it, but i disagree that no one should be allowed in with one. If i am miles from my car and have walked around for hours before the game, i might want to use an umbrella then or it might start pouring as i walk to my car afterward and want to use my umbrella. This applies mostly to spotty rain showers, i suppose, but i would want to use it out and about, put it up for the break in the clouds during the game and then pull it out for the long walk to the car if it started raining hard at that point. Guess i'm out of luck. I'll be watching at home today--sorry.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

Walmart sells ponchos for $.94. I bought 6 yesterday.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

They had tables set up at the gates to leave your umbrella last game

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Evidently leaning against the press box is a no no also, I know several who got rain during last game for doing such....

There are maybe 4K in a 28k seat stadium and our AD is worried about such trivial matters....

They make it damn hard on TRUE Tech fans

And believe me, anyone who was at the MTSU game and today's game are the cream of the crop....
    They weren't leaning against the press box. They were sitting and blocking the walkway. The AD and a couple of others didn't like having to step over them or wait for them to move. Then a deputy had them move and they were extremely rude to the deputy for zero reason. I get it was just misplaced anger, but still shouldn't have done it.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    I understand the rule and dislike it, but i disagree that no one should be allowed in with one. If i am miles from my car and have walked around for hours before the game, i might want to use an umbrella then or it might start pouring as i walk to my car afterward and want to use my umbrella. This applies mostly to spotty rain showers, i suppose, but i would want to use it out and about, put it up for the break in the clouds during the game and then pull it out for the long walk to the car if it started raining hard at that point. Guess i'm out of luck. I'll be watching at home today--sorry.
    Plus some folks like to use their umbrella to pimp walk.

+ Reply to Thread