+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Wisconsin Pulls Past @LATechWBB in Second Half

Puppy bigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the ears

Wisconsin Info From Scrimmage

Wisconsin played their exhibition game today:
    9 13 4 22 48
    20 23 24 17 84

Wisconsin had 40 pts in the paint. With a very balanced team:

[TR="class: default_dgrd_alt"]
    [TD="class: column_Uni"]01[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Name default_dgrd_hover"]D. WHYTE[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Fgam column_FG"]8-15[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_ShootingPercentage column_FG%"] 53.3%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tpam column_3P"] 1-2[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tppercentage column_3P%"] 50.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Ftma column_FT"]3-4[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Ftp column_FT%"]75.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_TotalRebounds column_Reb"]3 reb[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Points column_Pts"]20 pts[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: default_dgrd_item default_dgrd_hover"]
    [TD="class: column_Uni"]04[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Name"]N. BAUMAN[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Fgam column_FG"]4-9[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_ShootingPercentage column_FG%"] 44.4%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tpam column_3P"] 1-5[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tppercentage column_3P%"] 20.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Ftma column_FT"]2-2[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Ftp column_FT%"]100.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_TotalRebounds column_Reb"]4[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Points column_Pts"]11 [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: column_Uni"]11[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Name default_dgrd_hover"]M. HOWARD[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Fgam column_FG"]3-6[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_ShootingPercentage column_FG%"] 50.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tpam column_3P"] 1-1[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tppercentage column_3P%"] 100.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Ftma column_FT eq-zero"]0-0[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Ftp column_FT% eq-zero"]0.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_TotalRebounds column_Reb"]11[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Points column_Pts"]7[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: default_dgrd_item"]
    [TD="class: column_Uni"]22[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Name default_dgrd_hover"]T. CICHY[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Fgam column_FG"]9-16[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_ShootingPercentage column_FG%"] 56.3%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tpam column_3P"] 3-4[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tppercentage column_3P%"] 75.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Ftma column_FT"]1-1[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Ftp column_FT%"]100.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_TotalRebounds column_Reb"]3[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Points column_Pts"]22[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: column_Uni"]40[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Name default_dgrd_hover"]A. YOUNG[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Fgam column_FG"]6-13[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_ShootingPercentage column_FG%"] 46.2%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tpam column_3P eq-zero"] 0-0[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tppercentage column_3P% eq-zero"] 0.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Ftma column_FT"]3-7[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Ftp column_FT%"]42.9%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_TotalRebounds column_Reb"]15[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Points column_Pts"]15[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: column_Uni"]05[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Name default_dgrd_hover"]R. MARBLE[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Fgam column_FG"]0-3[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_ShootingPercentage column_FG% eq-zero"] 0.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_TotalRebounds column_Reb"]7[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Points column_Pts eq-zero"]0[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: column_Uni"]23[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Name default_dgrd_hover"]C. MCMORRIS[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Fgam column_FG"]4-12[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_ShootingPercentage column_FG%"] 33.3%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tpam column_3P"] 1-3[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Tppercentage column_3P%"] 33.3%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_TotalRebounds column_Reb"]5[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Points column_Pts"]9[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: column_Uni"]41[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Name default_dgrd_hover"]R. GAMBINO[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Fgam column_FG"]0-1[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_ShootingPercentage column_FG% eq-zero"] 0.0%[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_TotalRebounds column_Reb"]3[/TD]
    [TD="class: column_Points column_Pts eq-zero"]0
    [/TD]
    [/TR]

Strangely missing from the stat sheet: [TR="class: default_dgrd_item roster_dgrd_item"]
    [TD="class: roster_dgrd_no"]25 [/TD]
    [TD="class: roster_dgrd_full_name"]Michala Johnson [/TD]
    [TD="class: roster_dgrd_rp_position_short"]F/C[/TD]
    [TD="class: roster_dgrd_height"]6-3[/TD]
    [TD="class: roster_dgrd_academic_year"]R-Sr. [/TD]
    [/TR]

Thoughts???

Puppy bigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the ears

Wisconsin Info From Scrimmage

Wisconsin played their exhibition game today:
    9 13 4 22 48
    20 23 24 17 84

Wisconsin had 40 pts in the paint.

Strangely missing from the stat sheet: Michala Johnson the 6-3 senior

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Wisconsin Info From Scrimmage

Hard to figure out much from an exhibition, but 40 points in the paint means that our post defense is going to have a job in front of them.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

From the article (emphasis mine):

QUESTION: You're working with a new defensive system, probably take a little bit of time, but have the girls bought into it and excited about it?

KELSEY: I think so. Our problem last year was we were so worried about the 3-point shooters, not people getting to the basket, and you run the risk of fouls. So now you're going to have to beat us from the outside, and if your game is on that day, it will be tougher for us, but you still have to make that shot.

But anybody can make a layup. I mean, I can make one right now, and I have haven't played in 20 years, but -- so we are trying to keep them out of the paint. Make them make a pass, make them -- no straight-line drives. Everybody around here is familiar with the packed line defense. Now, ours wasn't as packed as we want it to be. I don't think Dick Bennett would be too proud of that packed line last night, but that's a defense that I think would work for us, it would really make it tough for the other team to get those straight-line drives that most of the athletic teams are used to getting, all the way to the rim, no problem.

So we're going to have to really pack it in on that ball and make them hit outside shots. And I think that would bode well for my team. Now, other teams I've been associated with you can play this deny and get up on people, but why do that if they can't really shoot anyway. So I think the strategy is to pack it in and make them beat us from the outside.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

With the bye week in football, and nothing happening in basketball until the weekend, not much chatter. Anybody out there?

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    With the bye week in football, and nothing happening in basketball until the weekend, not much chatter. Anybody out there?
    "Hey batter, hey batter, hey batter!"

Time for us Easterners to go to bed, but can't just leave my friend (and possible refugee from the island of Dr. Moreau) Beaver-Dog wandering around the internet alone.

My guess is Wisconsin committed to that defense strategically to compete for their conference title. I think it favors us, but, as always, depends on who is hitting on a given night. Then the question becomes, what kind of D can you play when you keep that night's shooters in the lineup? What happens to your matchups if your smaller players are the ones hitting from outside?

How do you produce offense from the post against that D? I'm guessing it disappears--along with offensive rebounds. Ironically, that increases the benefits of shooting 3s since those misses are more likely to bounce further from the basket and into open court. So I wonder what role the coaching staff will assign our post player will be against that D.

This is shaping up as a very interesting game to watch, though maybe an oddity that may shed little light on how we perform against the rest of our schedule. But what do I know; maybe more teams are going this direction than I realize.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Another question might be is how quickly they can get back on defense and what kind of shape they are in

Wisconsin just finished their second exhibition... this one was pretty close: 49-69 - Dakota Whyte (G) was high point with 18.

As expected, Michala Johnson didn't paly again... coach said earlier they weren't going to risk her getting injured before the season. So hoping she's got some serious game tempo rust come Saturday.

Also noticed that they only played 8 & 9 players in their games, so hopefully they aren't that deep and we can run the dog out of them. Counter their size with our speed.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by bigbradford1978 View Post
    Wisconsin just finished their second exhibition... this one was pretty close: 49-69 - Dakota Whyte (G) was high point with 18.

As expected, Michala Johnson didn't paly again... coach said earlier they weren't going to risk her getting injured before the season. So hoping she's got some serious game tempo rust come Saturday.

Also noticed that they only played 8 & 9 players in their games, so hopefully they aren't that deep and we can run the dog out of them. Counter their size with our speed.
    While checking out the Wisconsin web page, it stated that Johnson had an ACL issue going on! Not sure if she will even play against us tomorrow night!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Should their defense shut down our post players, who is likely to be our best perimeter shooter from long range?
    Is Pumroy or Santos a deep threat beyond the arc?
    Someone mentioned that Davenports shooting was looking sharp, the other options might be Richie, or Vasques,(pardon my spelling Miss. V.)

I believe Davenport was 3 for 3 at one point, beyond the arc. Santos got 19 points from somewhere. I have confidence that we have the players to shoot from the outside. My hope is we run their legs off and pull away late because they can't keep up.

Welcome back by the way. I thought you were at the beach. You going to the Bahamas?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I believe Davenport was 3 for 3 at one point, beyond the arc. Santos got 19 points from somewhere. I have confidence that we have the players to shoot from the outside. My hope is we run their legs off and pull away late because they can't keep up.

Welcome back by the way. I thought you were at the beach. You going to the Bahamas?
    Thanks Beaver, been trying to find a 3 day cruise to go and stay on the ship while not at the games and getting trouble over there!
    Unfortunatly, there aren't any that go there from the Ft.Lauderdale area on that time scheduled! Still could take a short flight over!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Should their defense shut down our post players, who is likely to be our best perimeter shooter from long range?
    Is Pumroy or Santos a deep threat beyond the arc?
    Someone mentioned that Davenports shooting was looking sharp, the other options might be Richie, or Vasques,(pardon my spelling Miss. V.)
    I think our sharp shooters are Santos & Davenport this year. Vasquez shots weren't pretty, but she had some buckets on dribble penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    While checking out the Wisconsin web page, it stated that Johnson had an ACL issue going on! Not sure if she will even play against us tomorrow night!
    It's probably the same source you looked at while browsing the opponent too: (haha)

QUESTION: Michala (Johnson) didn't play, and I know you're taking it slow with her. How is her progression going and her availability when you start playing real games?

KELSEY: Mic will be available. We are just trying to be cautious. Obviously these exhibition games don't count, so we don't want any freak accidents, anything happening to her. You can't bubble wrap 'em, as I always say, but we definitely want her to be able to get in there. She has been going up and down at practice, not a full scrimmage situation, but she looks good. She feels fine.

+ Reply to Thread