+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17: UT Arlington Game Thread

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 11/17: UT Arlington Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    As long as we get out of Grambling with a W, I will be pleased....
    Same here. I think we need to put that game away in the first half to prevent the crowd from becoming a factor in the second half. I wouldn't feel comfortable in a close game down the stretch in what I expect that environment will be like on Saturday night.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly! We never get the calls on a SWAC floor and neither do any other bigger conference teams! NEVER!!!!

I hate going there and hope we have a following present to hold the refs accountable.

The ‘Dogs will make the short trip to face crosstown foe Grambling State on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 7 p.m.
    Never is correct. Bigger and peer conference teams don't play at SWAC venues. We are the only OOC DI opponent that will play in Grambling. GSU's other three OOC home games are against Selma, Rust, and Jarvis Christian. Only Mike White could pull off a scheduling move this bad.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 11-18-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I had no clue what to expect going into this game, figured it was a toss-up. At halftime I thought our streak was surely over.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I got to listen to Dave and Jack. This was a very big win for Coach Konkol in his first real test, and he overcame a lot of adversity with the inexperience, 3-man bench, and a double-digit halftime deficit. Konkol gets an A+ for his true debut.

Now let's go blow out Grambling in the last game we ever play in Grambling and improve to 3-0.
    Inside information?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Inside information?
    probably based on Konkol not being a dickbag

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Inside information?
    Nope. Just my expectations for our program. Where I hope and think we are headed. Don't drop down lower than the Sun Belt to play road games except for maybe a couple exceptions (SFA right now, UNO in the future, never at ULM). As I've discussed before, even though our OOC schedule absolutely sucks, I think the part Konkol put together shows progress over past schedules because we are buying games now and rejected NWST's public H&H contract proposal. Our program is moving in the right direction. We'll know a lot more after next year's schedule is released.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Nope. Just my expectations for our program. Where I hope and think we are headed. Don't drop down lower than the Sun Belt to play road games except for maybe a couple exceptions (SFA right now, UNO in the future, never at ULM). As I've discussed before, even though our OOC schedule absolutely sucks, I think the part Konkol put together shows progress over past schedules because we are buying games now and rejected NWST's public H&H contract proposal. Our program is moving in the right direction. We'll know a lot more after next year's schedule is released.
    I think you are dead on, finally, dawg06.

Puppy GeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the rough

Anyone who was closer to floor then me see exactly what happened when those two UTA guys hit? It happened so fast by the time I got a good look all I saw was a good amount of blood on the floor. They were down for awhile it looked pretty painful, and then they never came back in.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxDawgsGeaux View Post
    Anyone who was closer to floor then me see exactly what happened when those two UTA guys hit? It happened so fast by the time I got a good look all I saw was a good amount of blood on the floor. They were down for awhile it looked pretty painful, and then they never came back in.
    Looked to me like they slammed foreheads.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

They both went for the ball, which Alex took away, they hit head to head full speed (which made a horrible noise, by the way) and just about knocked each other out., splitting both melons open. I am sure there was at least severe headaches and possibly concussions involved.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    We ran sets all night long, very little free lancing

UTA ran a lot of defensive looks and it took some time to adjust

We had 34 points off the bench

Been two years since we had that type of bench production

My first impression is that we are going to be a better offensive team this year. I was impressed with how we moved the ball and knocked down shots (2nd half).. We just seemed to be more fluid offensively where in times past our better scoring games only occurred when we had a lot of points off of turnovers.
    If we can continue to build on last night and add a decent inside game we might become a good offensive basketball team.

Puppy GeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the rough

A small part of me wonders if we win that game if those two guys didn't go down. One of them (Pope) hadn't done anything but the other one (Wilson) had 13 points in 19 minutes of play. Probably would have still gotten the W, but its hard to not credit some of the second have resurgence to them losing those two guys. On the other hand it leveled the playing field bc they were down two just like us

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

It was a gruesome collision of heads. I cannot believe they made those guys sit behind the bench after that. Both needed immediate medical attention--like at a hospital or something.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

A small part of me wonders if we win that game if those two guys didn't go down. One of them (Pope) hadn't done anything but the other one (Wilson) had 13 points in 19 minutes of play. Probably would have still gotten the W, but its hard to not credit some of the second have resurgence to them losing those two guys. On the other hand it leveled the playing field bc they were down two just like us
    2 guys? I believe we were down 4...Luckett, Boykins, White, and Holden.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    2 guys? I believe we were down 4...Luckett, Boykins, White, and Holden.
    At least 2 of those were projected to be starters before the season began. We may be okay when we get to full strength.

O damn four guys, my bad. That makes me feel even better about the W last night.

+ Reply to Thread