+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 11/17: UT Arlington Game Thread

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: 11/17: UT Arlington Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxDawgsGeaux View Post
    A small part of me wonders if we win that game if those two guys didn't go down. One of them (Pope) hadn't done anything but the other one (Wilson) had 13 points in 19 minutes of play. Probably would have still gotten the W, but its hard to not credit some of the second have resurgence to them losing those two guys. On the other hand it leveled the playing field bc they were down two just like us
    I thought it had the opposite effect -

We were rolling and up by 4 and should of pushed it to 6 if we had taken the layup in the 3 on 5 situation instead of Cree shooting the 3 -

It took all the life out of the building and team for a bit
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I thought it had the opposite effect -

We were rolling and up by 4 and should of pushed it to 6 if we had taken the layup in the 3 on 5 situation instead of Cree shooting the 3 -

It took all the life out of the building and team for a bit
    Yeah, we were sorta counting on our fingers how many offensive players we had vs. how many defensive players they had and figured shooting a 3 pointer wasn't the best decision in that situation.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Puppy GeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the rough

I thought that was a strange decision by McCree. 5 on 3 and you pull up from behind the arc after making maybe one pass.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

We ran sets all night long, very little free lancing

UTA ran a lot of defensive looks and it took some time to adjust

We had 34 points off the bench

Been two years since we had that type of bench production
    Wow! That's impressive.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

We also scored 44 points in about 10 minutes to win the ballgame and very few of those points were "fast break" points off turnovers and pressure...

The turnovers we did force came off half-point pressures with very little true "traps" -

I kept hearing references to street-ball and lack of offense - but I did not see it

Lots of movement - lots of set plays, lots of breaking down a defense with multiple players/schemes

Even on several in bound plays, we ran a "wheel" which relieved the pressure and go the ball into the hands of the player we wanted it in

Most folks don't realize, we went from running the "west-coast offense" to "the veer" in a span of 2 minutes after the halftime break - he made adjustments on the fly and put the players/playmakers in position to be successful

Zeke had a BAD first half, but responded in spades in the 2nd half
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Nope. Just my expectations for our program. Where I hope and think we are headed. Don't drop down lower than the Sun Belt to play road games except for maybe a couple exceptions (SFA right now, UNO in the future, never at ULM). As I've discussed before, even though our OOC schedule absolutely sucks, I think the part Konkol put together shows progress over past schedules because we are buying games now and rejected NWST's public H&H contract proposal. Our program is moving in the right direction. We'll know a lot more after next year's schedule is released.
    Because it's only 2 or 3 miles from the TAC, I have no problem with our men's BB team playing a home-and-home with Grambling. If it was 2 hours away, I would feel differently. However, a trip to Grambling might be good for our team.....keeps 'em from getting soft. This gives our guys some valuable experience in a semi-hostile environment, but in a managed environment only 10 minutes from home. I kinda like it.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I was really impressed with UTA's passing schemes. Lots of sharp no-looks to guys in position. It also looked like we mimicked that in the 2nd half and that evened the field a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I was really impressed with UTA's passing schemes. Lots of sharp no-looks to guys in position. It also looked like we mimicked that in the 2nd half and that evened the field a lot.
    I think you intended to say......we actually had to play BASKETBALL, and not just street ball?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I think you intended to say......we actually had to play BASKETBALL, and not just street ball?
    Exactly and Konkol said as much in the post-game interview.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Zeke had a BAD first half, but responded in spades in the 2nd half
    Who's that? I remember that being Isaiah massey's nickname

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Who's that? .......
    Bother to come out to the games and you'll know.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

We are definitely missing a commanding "leader on the floor" presence right now (Speedy).
    When Alex drives and 3-4 guys converge on him, he's got to learn to pass the dang ball. Some of those lay-up attempts are ridiculously difficult.
    We need Cobi to be a knockdown 3 point guy.
    We're going to struggle to cover a skilled big man. Only Branden has enough girth to match-up but he kept getting drawn away from the goal. Good thing UTA's bigs couldn't finish.
    Konkol isn't very vocal while the game is being played. I think the guys could benefit from explicit instruction during the game.

Those are my criticisms. But, if yall remember, we struggled with UTA under White. They are the type of team that gives us trouble by how fast they play. It was a BIG win last night.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Because it's only 2 or 3 miles from the TAC, I have no problem with our men's BB team playing a home-and-home with Grambling. If it was 2 hours away, I would feel differently. However, a trip to Grambling might be good for our team.....keeps 'em from getting soft. This gives our guys some valuable experience in a semi-hostile environment, but in a managed environment only 10 minutes from home. I kinda like it.
    Looking for the absolute worst team to schedule regardless of association (NCAA or NAIA) or classification (DI, DII, or DIII)? Schedule Grambling, the No. 1 RPI and SOS killer in the entire world.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Ohio St is only up 34-32 over UTA at halftime

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

UTA beats Ohio St. 73-68

+ Reply to Thread