+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, this is how it should be.......

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

Well, this is how it should be.......

Greetings Bulldog's. Haven't posted on your board in a long time, but wanted to come over this morning and tell you guys how excited I am over this game coming up. I have always had the highest respect for LaTech and always have wanted you guys in the same conference as my Eagles. Well, it finally happens and USM's program goes into the crapper. Hasn't been much fun the last 3 years.

Well now, the West comes down to the last game of they year between my Eagles and your Dogs. This is the rivalry I have been waiting on. A rivalry between two good teams, 2 great fan bases and a chance to build new traditions. Your team is scary is all I will say. Your double D combination of Driskel and Dixon is a potent weapon. Really impressed with how Driskel has played this year and Dixon has been great since he stepped on Campus. That offense along with an always tenacious defense of a bunch of hungry Dogs is going to make it a big uphill battle for the Eagles at the Joe. Also, I have always had tremendous respect for Coach Holtz since his ECU days. Solid coach and a solid human being. Happy he landed in Ruston and happy you guys got him.

Wish I could be at the game, but I had already planned a Thanksgiving trip to visit my daughter out of state and don't fly back until late Saturday night. I do feel a nice group of Eagle fans will be there. Our team will find it hard to leave Ruston with a win at your place. I see Coach Holtz having your team ready to rock and roll and defend your home turf.

Let me finish by saying, regardless of who wins this game, how great is it to go into the final game of the year with a game that means as much as this one between two teams that have the tradition of Tech and USM on the gridiron. As it should be.....Peace and a great Thanksgiving to all of you.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Well, this is how it should be.......

Probably the first of many I would imagine. It's good to see USM back where they belong.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    Greetings Bulldog's. Haven't posted on your board in a long time, but wanted to come over this morning and tell you guys how excited I am over this game coming up. I have always had the highest respect for LaTech and always have wanted you guys in the same conference as my Eagles. Well, it finally happens and USM's program goes into the crapper. Hasn't been much fun the last 3 years.

Well now, the West comes down to the last game of they year between my Eagles and your Dogs. This is the rivalry I have been waiting on. A rivalry between two good teams, 2 great fan bases and a chance to build new traditions. Your team is scary is all I will say. Your double D combination of Driskel and Dixon is a potent weapon. Really impressed with how Driskel has played this year and Dixon has been great since he stepped on Campus. That offense along with an always tenacious defense of a bunch of hungry Dogs is going to make it a big uphill battle for the Eagles at the Joe. Also, I have always had tremendous respect for Coach Holtz since his ECU days. Solid coach and a solid human being. Happy he landed in Ruston and happy you guys got him.

Wish I could be at the game, but I had already planned a Thanksgiving trip to visit my daughter out of state and don't fly back until late Saturday night. I do feel a nice group of Eagle fans will be there. Our team will find it hard to leave Ruston with a win at your place. I see Coach Holtz having your team ready to rock and roll and defend your home turf.

Let me finish by saying, regardless of who wins this game, how great is it to go into the final game of the year with a game that means as much as this one between two teams that have the tradition of Tech and USM on the gridiron. As it should be.....Peace and a great Thanksgiving to all of you.
    I am with you in regards, to the 'Rivalry in Dixie'! I know it may not be 'PC' to use that term, but for me this is college football! I have always tried to be in attendance when these two play whenever possible. The fact that this year has come down to a 'showdown' makes it even more exciting!
    We should come up with a trophy to go back and forth and make this our 'Egg Bowl'!!!! Good luck to the Eagles after next Saturday! I hope your guys continue to play well, just not against the Dogs!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post

Southern Mississippi has been playing too well for me to feel good about this game. I think it will be a close one and can go either way. I have not kept up with teams other than Tech very closely. Southern is historically a good defensive team. I assume that is true this year as well.

BTW, I have always liked USM and thought there were many similarities between our schools. On the negative side, however, I will opine that Giamatti as your AD kept Louisiana Tech out of CUSA. It is unforgivable that because of his personal dislike of Tech, he led the effort against Louisiana Tech, and as a Tech fan that is hard to dismiss and, in my opinion, is a clear sign of Southern's lack of respect of Louisiana Tech. Hopefully that has changed.

Having gotten that off my chest, I really do respect USM and expect a very tough game Saturday. We have certainly got to bring our A game. USM can leave theirs in Hattiesburg, but I expect them to bring it.
    Last edited by stodgdog; 11-22-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    I am with you in regards, to the 'Rivalry in Dixie'! I know it may not be 'PC' to use that term, but for me this is college football! I have always tried to be in attendance when these two play whenever possible. The fact that this year has come down to a 'showdown' makes it even more exciting!
    We should come up with a trophy to go back and forth and make this our 'Egg Bowl'!!!! Good luck to the Eagles after next Saturday! I hope your guys continue to play well, just not against the Dogs!
    I haven't heard even a liberal state that the word "Dixie" is racist. I have hear that the SONG is considered by some as racist (because is was sang by some as a battle song in the Civil War). Dixie just means the South. Rivalry in Dixie shouldn't be offensive. I have never heard that, except on here by people thinking the "PC Crowd" would think it is offensive.

Actually, even the song has nothing racist in it, except for the word "injun" in the third chorus. The only argument I have heard against the song is the way it was used.

I will still refer to USM vs. Tech as the "Rivalry in Dixie".

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    racist
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Puppy alex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nice

on a sad (and repetitive) note...70% chance of rain Saturday. quarter break, holidays, people have plans, etc. we seem to be doing a good job of trying to promote, but i fear it will not be a good crowd with rain, especially the 3rd rain game in a row. yogi berra: " if people don't want to come to the ballpark, how are you going to stop them"?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard even a liberal state that the word "Dixie" is racist. I have hear that the SONG is considered by some as racist (because is was sang by some as a battle song in the Civil War). Dixie just means the South. Rivalry in Dixie shouldn't be offensive. I have never heard that, except on here by people thinking the "PC Crowd" would think it is offensive.

Actually, even the song has nothing racist in it, except for the word "injun" in the third chorus. The only argument I have heard against the song is the way it was used.

Please don't tell me you are one that believes that our history should be revised. Who cares the way the song was used (I don't even know what you mean) or if the song had the word "injun" in it? It is part of our history, as is the Confederate battle flag. A couple of problems with these "history revision activists" are their total lack of respect for history and the idea that earlier societies should be judged by present day, or usually their own, standards. It is really these type people that have a problem, not those of us who believe history should be learned and respected. If these people would recognize and talk about the great things (and there are many) that America has done for its people and world, they would be a lot happier. Their focus on what, in their opinions, make America "evil" is misplaced, ill advised, and frankly makes no sense at all. It certainly is not productive, but, nonsensically, has influenced many of the low information crowd.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex.dog View Post
    on a sad (and repetitive) note...70% chance of rain Saturday. quarter break, holidays, people have plans, etc. we seem to be doing a good job of trying to promote, but i fear it will not be a good crowd with rain, especially the 3rd rain game in a row. yogi berra: " if people don't want to come to the ballpark, how are you going to stop them"?
    4th rain game in row for me attendance wise-- made the Rice game . Crowd should be somewhat enhanced, I hope, by S Miss crowd. Hopefully better than the 4500 that came to Shreveport in 1967 when Brad threw 6 picks against S Miss.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The word Dixie is offensive to some. It should not be used.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

I become microaggressed each time the word Dixie has been used in this thread.

Oh no. I just microaggressed myself.
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

http://www.journalnow.com/news/local...9cad2ff75.html

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Also it was one of Abraham Lincoln's favorite songs. It was just a popular song in that period.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

and regardless of weather (unless monsoonal) there is really no excuse for Dawg fans to miss this one. If you can't come give your tics to someone who can. I can live with regular season low attendance in rain but with the stakes this high I guess we will see if the LaTech fan base is truly ready to host "big time" football
    For our teams sake I hope so

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Rain or shine, I've got four of us coming in from Baton Rouge.

+ Reply to Thread