+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dick's in Shreveport has a lot of TECH stuff

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Dick's in Shreveport has a lot of TECH stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ronmyster View Post
    I have a question. Last year I went to Hibbitt sports in Ruston looking for tech gear for someone coming to the game from out of town. They had such a small inventory of Tech shirts i was amazed. I asked to mgr why a store in Ruston would have everyother team but Tech. He said they take all the Tech stuff they can get, but can't get much because Tech controls the inventory so they (bookstore) can sell all Tech stuff. I would have thought Tech would want as much stuff out there as possible?
    Have a nephew who used to manage one of the Hibbtit. He said the buyers in the Birmingham office said they were more focused on SEC gear than local universities, like Tech. The days of the bookstore running the show are gone. That's just an excuse. If Academy and Dick's can reach out so can all other retailers.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

So, no, we should not "boycott" any store that carries a significant amount of Tech goods. It's taken a long time for us to get our foot in the door at the WM Academy.
    I'll disagree. I don't believe WM Academy is carrying more Tech merchandise than they were when they opened. Management has told me more than once that they order Tech and ulm stuff equally. When I point out the lack of Tech stuff compared to ulm stuff they just shrug.

That's the equivalent of a waitress apologizing for the poor service with, "I'm sorry, we are just so busy today"

WM Academy management is either anti-Tech or inept. I'm guessing both.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'll disagree. I don't believe WM Academy is carrying more Tech merchandise than they were when they opened. Management has told me more than once that they order Tech and ulm stuff equally. When I point out the lack of Tech stuff compared to ulm stuff they just shrug.

That's the equivalent of a waitress apologizing for the poor service with, "I'm sorry, we are just so busy today"

WM Academy management is either anti-Tech or inept. I'm guessing both.
    Disagree all you want. There was very little if any Tech stuff when they opened.
    You need to get out more often.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

The stuff at Dick's is nicer than anything Academy has had over the years. I was surprised at the selection. I don't remember ever seeing anything there before.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Disagree all you want. There was very little if any Tech stuff when they opened.
    You need to get out more often.
    I did get out then and still do. They have ALWAYS carried the same amount of Tech merchandise as ulm merchandise. When the Tech merchandise sells, leaving the ulm merchandise, they refuse to restock Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I did get out then and still do. They have ALWAYS carried the same amount of Tech merchandise as ulm merchandise. When the Tech merchandise sells, leaving the ulm merchandise, they refuse to restock Tech.
    Yeah, I know, I heard the same thing . . . .

I'll disagree. They stock the same amount of items. Both are overshadowed by Saints and LSU gear. The Tech stuff just gets bought (and not replenished during the quarter. In other words if you want Tech stuff, you need to buy it in October cuz it'll be gone by Black Friday.) I finally had an assistant manager confirm this for me.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Oops --- just realized I broke my own rule to not twss a lady.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Was it illegal procedure or were you lined up offsides ?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Was it illegal procedure or were you lined up offsides ?
    She needs to give him a "hands to the face".

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Have a nephew who used to manage one of the Hibbtit.
    I would, but I'm above sophomoric humor....
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite Black Friday shopper (Mrs. CK3) spotted this nice jersey at Dick's Sporting Goods in Funroe. I'll be rocking it today, rain or shine, at The Joe. It also says, "Original Collegiate Licensed..." blah blah...maybe I'm legit, I don't know.

12310562_10205641184528922_3784903710641885155_n.jpg

+ Reply to Thread