+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO Bowl Question

Puppy LRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

NO Bowl Question

Came over here to see what you guys would think about a possible game vs Arkansas State in the NO Bowl?? Is that something that your fan base would get around because of the old rivalry in the past or would you not even care?

I am a stAte fan, and I would love to see it.

If you hate the idea, what does your fan base want, within reason?

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: NO Bowl Question

TECH fans want to play up. Playing football with any team from the Sun Belt is not considered playing up.

Puppy LRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLRJoe Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

stAte is ranked ahead of La Tech. I would think that is "playing up"?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I have no interest whatsoever in rekindling a competitive relationship with Arkansas State. It's a very tough sell to our fan base, because most of them are young, and they weren't around in the old Southland Conference days. Furthermore, our older fans have seen better days (e.g., WAC, CUSA, etc..) and moved on too.

Fact is since last playing Arkansas State, LA Tech has built a much better brand and been in better conferences with much more marquis opponents (e.g., former WAC & current CUSA) as equal peers. No offense to you (but this is OUR board), but I believe most LA Tech fans would prefer to play a more highly respected G5 opponent if we cannot get a game against a P5.

I really don't see how playing Arkansas State serves any of LA Tech's long or short term goals.

Do you think your admin would pass on the NO Bowl invite if they got it? Would not want another I-Bowl mess.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LRJoe View Post
    Do you think your admin would pass on the NO Bowl invite if they got it? Would not want another I-Bowl mess.
    LA Tech is already 8-3, and could very likely be 9-4 or 10-3 by Bowl game time. Furthermore, CUSA already has 6 or 7 firm bowl ties besides the remote possibility of a NO Bowl invite. So, by virtue of its record alone, LA Tech will have plenty of Bowl options to consider without having to resort to playing Arkansas St.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

And, you show your stupidity! Tech never passed on the I-Bowl. The I-Bowl had their choice of Tech, Ohio or Iowa State, based on the Liberty Bowl's decision between Tech and Iowa State. But, instead of waiting, they chose Ohio.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

In general, I "get around" any bowl game. But my preference would be a P5 school in the HoD bowl.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for bringing it up. We would absolutely not pass on the N O Bowl against ASU if it were our only opportunity. Given that USM hasn't been to a bowl in a while and closer, the conference would likely place them there. That is not to say that I think So. Miss would outdraw TECH in the N. O. Bowl.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Don't want the NO Bowl! I feel it is tainted by the ULL mob.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

really?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
    http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The world faces this nonsense every year. Someone has to represent that shitty conference every year. It's the "tallest pygmy" syndrome. Sometimes ULL pops up, sometimes it's you Arky St guys. We've even seen ULM go to a bowl and make an arse of themselves and your conference.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

You really need to concern yourself with the Haggies and the Bahcats, don't you think?

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Came over here to see what you guys would think about a possible game vs Arkansas State in the NO Bowl??
    The New Orleans Bowl wouldn't be bad if we were playing against a P5 conference opponent. I have little interest in playing a Sun Belt Conference school, though. I'd go to the game if that the one Tech goes to, of course.

Is that something that your fan base would get around because of the old rivalry in the past or would you not even care?
    I'm a relatively new Tech fan/alum (graduated in 2005 and 2006), so Arkansas State was never a rival in my eyes. It would be like playing UL-Monroe or UL-Lafayette in football. It would not be a rivalry game...it would be just another game.

I am a stAte fan, and I would love to see it. If you hate the idea, what does your fan base want, within reason?
    Playing a P5 conference opponent or a Top-25 G5 conference opponent (this year's Navy, Memphis, or Houston) in a bowl game.

+ Reply to Thread