+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama: Take Military equipment from Police now

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Angry Obama: Take Military equipment from Police now

What??? Is our community leader looking to make matters worse or what? Does he want all out lawlessness so he can call "marshall law" for the election in November?

COPS, COMMUNITIES IN DANGER?
    Outrage as military equipment taken from officers in wake of Obama order

VALUABLE VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT are being yanked from law enforcement agencies across the country by the Obama administration in the wake of the president’s post-Ferguson order – as sheriffs and lawmakers say losing the equipment could put officers and communities they serve in danger.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Obama: Take Military equipment from Police now

Do you want the police to have military equipment?
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    My local police here in Smith County, Tyler, Tx? Yes because I know where the Sheriff stands per the Feds and things like gun control and the like!
    Don't ever forget that your county/parish Sheriff is your first line of defense against the Feds and Presidents like Obama and AG's like Holder and probably this new one.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I'm living in a nightmare.

Of course, I don't know what Obama thinks he has to do with how we arm our police.

I need to admit I didn't read the article. I will get to it in the morning. I came on to check the basketball score.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    My local police here in Smith County, Tyler, Tx? Yes because I know where the Sheriff stands per the Feds and things like gun control and the like!
    Don't ever forget that your county/parish Sheriff is your first line of defense against the Feds and Presidents like Obama and AG's like Holder and probably this new one.
    I'm living in a nightmare.

Of course, I don't know what Obama thinks he has to do with how we arm our police.

I need to admit I didn't read the article. I will get to it in the morning. I came on to check the basketball score.
    Plus I want local police forces to be able to the kick islamic/muslim radical's arses here in the states after Obama let's them all in.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Anyone know of police standards during WW2? I'm striking out on finding anything.

Before Obama did whatever he just did, I had always viewed the militarization of the police as a bad thing; viz., as an anti-democratic/fascism idea.

Experientially, the militarization of the police has not worked out well at all. Skill has read a lot on this topic. Hopefully we can get his input on this.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Before Obama did whatever he just did, I had always viewed the militarization of the police as a bad thing; viz., as an anti-democratic/fascism idea.

Experientially, the militarization of the police has not worked out well at all. Skill has read a lot on this topic. Hopefully we can get his input on this.
    Not to over simplify this, but knowing how our President thinks, this is about taking away the ability of the police to control a mob. He is in favor of mob. He and his kind LOVE a mob and everything they don't stand for. The most recent examples are in Missouri and looks like Chicago could be next.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The military equipment are usually transport vehicles and riot gear with some surplus small arms. If things were to go bad, your first line of defense is the local police. When you disarm the local police, you disarm the populous.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

You are over simplifying the term militarization of police. In the is era, the bad parts of town resemble something more of a war zone. I would know better than anybody on this board about it. Just yesterday,a kid, I had arrested for drugs and illegal possession of a firearm 4 years ago, shot and killed another guy and wounded a ten year old at a party just down the street from where I sit right now. This is in WINNSBORO NOT ATLANTA!!! You expect Barney Fife with his one bullet and six shot revolver to go into Compton and break up a gun fight between Cripps and Bloods? Paramilitary training and proper equipment are absolutely needed just to survive and go home to our families. Cops are local citizens who are dedicated to their communities not brainwashed storm troopers as the media likes to portray.

Side note: Obama only taking away military stuff from LE Agencies that speak out against him.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    just to survive and go home to our families.
    This argument always bothers me. Difficult to explain why. Just doesn't sit well.

Puppy DevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her game

"Items on the prohibited list include armored tracked vehicles, weaponized aircraft and vehicles, .50-caliber firearms and ammo, bayonets, and camouflage."

The local police force does not need these types of assets, especially in Winnsboro. Yes, the sheriffs department and local police force in the present might have the same ideologies as you do, but what happens when a sheriff gets elected that thinks differently? What happens when the local police force starts thinking it is the military and the local populace has no where near the equivalency in weaponry to defend themselves against government takeover? The police force is the first line of defense against crime, but the people are the first line of defense against a tyrannical government. I am not saying we are living in a tyrannical environment, but the police force definitely has a much better armory than the citizens, who by the way pay for the police force's armory. I believe the local police force should be supplied with riot gear, body armor, and assault rifles; however, I definitely do not believe the prohibited items listed above are necessary assets for local law enforcement.

Puppy DevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her game

"Items on the prohibited list include armored tracked vehicles, weaponized aircraft and vehicles, .50-caliber firearms and ammo, bayonets, and camouflage." - from the article

The local police force does not need these types of assets, especially in Winnsboro. Yes, the sheriffs department and local police force in the present might have the same ideologies as you do, but what happens when a sheriff gets elected that thinks differently? What happens when the local police force starts thinking it is the military and the local populace has no where near the equivalency in weaponry to defend themselves against government takeover? The police force is the first line of defense against crime, but the people are the first line of defense against a tyrannical government. I am not saying we are living in a tyrannical environment, but the police force definitely has a much better armory than the citizens, who by the way pay for the police force's armory. I believe the local police force should be supplied with riot gear, body armor, and assault rifles; however, I definitely do not believe the prohibited items listed above are necessary assets for local law enforcement.

P.S. Being a policeman is one of the most thankless jobs in our country right now, and I would like to give my deepest gratitude to those who protect and serve while we carry on with our daily lives.

I will think about it some more. Promise.

For now, I will say that a militarized police does not make me feel safe. I do not want to fear my government.

The military and law enforcement have two completely different missions. The military should have a particular mission authorized by Congress with a very clear definition of what a win is and they must accomplish that mission with an overwhelming force and get the job done as quickly as possible by killing the enemy(even collateral deaths) and breaking things with as little risk to our combatants as possible.

The police should approach their job as maintaining order with the minimum force necessary, and that protection of civilian lives should be the primary goal, even at the expense of risking the lives of the police.

There are far too many cases of collateral damage caused by paramilitary operations by police. That is not acceptable.

"The people should not be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of its people." - V
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 11-25-2015 at 12:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread