+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Obama: Take Military equipment from Police now

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Obama: Take Military equipment from Police now

It is for your protection.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    A day may come ...
    It is for your protection.
    Sorry, You lost me

I'm not willing to give up my Constitutuonal rights so you can feel safe for a day that may come. The police enforce the law on citizens. The enforcement is constrained by Comstitutional rights. Any time our rights are taken away, it is always for our protection. It is always for that day that may come.

If you make the police a militia, you create a monster who will inevitabley see citizens as enemy combatants. That inevitability is already here to a dangerous extent. And you want to feed the current monster for a day that may come? No thank you. Keep the law enforcement law enforcement and let the Natuonal Guard and armed citizenry do their job.

1984 is a novel which I now feel as though I'm living in.

I'm two hours past my bedtime. Happy Thanksgiving. .

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

He just likes to argue.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

You aren't giving up any Constitutional rights. How is equipping the police with stuff that our government would just throw away or give to a foreign power violating your rights???

I have to go to bed. You will have 36 hours to blast away u opposed after this post.

If you train law enforcement to use overwhelming force on its citizenry to enforce the law, Comstitutional rights will be violated.

Good night. Remember. Big brother is watching you.

They don't trainCops to use overwhelming force. They use the plus one model and when the bad guys started toting AK47s and tossing Molatof cocktails, cops had to do something to counter.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    What about it bothers you? Its a truthful statement. I have sat in the car in my driveway many times trying to compose myself before going into the house so I won't freak out or upset my wife. I have woken up in the middle of the night sweating profusely and almost in tears because of some of the messed up stuff I saw that day. Those close calls add up when you are dealing with people who don't want to go to jail, or know that no matter how bad they act the burden of proof is on your actions. 21 feet is the reactionary gap between life and death and I have seen very few police interactions from that far away.
    I don't have a fully formed thought on it. But, it bothers me because you are not there to make decisions "just to survive and go home to [your] families." I know of the stuff you can experience in law enforcement. But that doesn't mean going down the dark path of enforcing meaning being as brutal as one can. The whole "just to survive" and "home to my family" and "doing what I got to do" arguments are contrived to be nothing but justification for that. You're no longer there enforcing the law, making rational/good decisions, etc. If you wanted safe, you shouldn't have joined law enforcement.

Air.
    For now. They're trying to tax that, too.

Puppy DevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her game

The second amendment is not just for the population to have weapons to hunt and to defend themselves from home intruders, but it's primary principle is for the people (United States citizens) to be able to defend themselves from a tyrannical government (local governments can also be tyrannical). So if a local law enforcement agency has armored tracked vehicles, grenade launchers, and .50 cal weapons, then how can the local populace defend itself from said law enforcement if it turns corrupt. Please do not tell me that civilians have assault rifles; that would be equivalent to the colonists having rocks to defend themselves from muskets. I believe, and I am usually alone on this matter, that civilians should be able to own the same weapons the local police force has.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I don't have a fully formed thought on it. But, it bothers me because you are not there to make decisions "just to survive and go home to [your] families." I know of the stuff you can experience in law enforcement. But that doesn't mean going down the dark path of enforcing meaning being as brutal as one can. The whole "just to survive" and "home to my family" and "doing what I got to do" arguments are contrived to be nothing but justification for that. You're no longer there enforcing the law, making rational/good decisions, etc. If you wanted safe, you shouldn't have joined law enforcement.

For now. They're trying to tax that, too.
    I am not using that term to justify anything. As a cop you are called to situations that are often openly hostile and somewhat out of your control. Your job is to calm the situation and if need be take someone into custody for violating the law. Domestic situations are often the worst. You can have people with messed up mindsets who could just a soon shoot you as you pull up in your car than look at you. It's happened several times here in Franklin Parish. Every call that you as a police officer respond to involves a gun.... Yours. Doing what you got to do mentality means within the law. Cops are so ridiculed and examined under the microscope for decisions made in a split second. Fearing for your life in bad situations is normal and it's quite comical that you would see it as a bad thing. They are sent to a call to make decisions.... Wether that decision is to let things be and calm people down or take some one in, those are decisions. Some are with life long consequences. Say you decide not to bring a guy in who is drunk and arguing with his wife. Moments after you leave he kills her. The last thing any cop wants is confrontation. It's the worst thing that can happen in your career. That's when the microscope comes out. This idea that some of you on here have of cops driving around looking for some action is purposterous. Cops just want to get their shift over with, with the least amount of paper work and problems and maybe get to help someone along the way. Just going home to your wife and kids

To say that if I wanted safe I shouldn't have joined law enforcement is insensitive arrogant and an all around dumbass thing to say. I did it because I felt led to serve and protect. Making my community is safe. WTF have you done for you community?

Puppy DevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her gameDevilDawg31 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    To say that if I wanted safe I shouldn't have joined law enforcement is insensitive arrogant and an all around dumbass thing to say. I did it because I felt led to serve and protect. Making my community is safe. WTF have you done for you community?
    I'll let JuBru speak for himself, but I don't think he is questioning your or any other cop's motives; I think he is questioning whether or not the cop's personality is the right fit to serve in the police force.

Absolutely!! There are crap cops out there that just want a badge and uniform and don't have the stomach to handle tough stressful situations. But there is no reason to stereotype all cops in that manner. There are also cops out there that are bad people and belong in jail. Once again you can't stereotype all cops to fit this narrative. There were times when I got put into situations far from my control that once it was over I was grateful to go home to my wife and kids. Or you come home with blood or pepper spray on you because you had to break up fights or pull a drunk off his wife and you wife knows not to ask because you just don't want to talk about it. It's a sad but true fact that a lot of people you are going to come into contact with on the grave yard shift are with good intentions.

I'll be the first to admit that I get overly sensitive about this kinda thing. I just see nothing but negative crap on the tv about cops but no one ever mentions the positive and life changing interactions that police officers have on a daily basis. This thread was started as a referendum on whether Cops needed surplus military supplies. Some would argue no because it's not the police job. I argue that crime, riots ect. have evolved so radically that it doesn't hurt to have this stuff.

+ Reply to Thread